Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nom Nom Nom View Post
    Why are you pulling three mobs without mana/health?
    Exactly, you shouldn't be that reckless anyway, and if you are, you should die.

And not like how I levelled my warrior/pala/dk/bear by aggroing 10+ mobs and whittling them down.

That isn't fun, it is boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I dunno about the higher level zones, but in Hyjal I was having trouble not pulling mobs. Need to stop to heal? Too bad, a mob just wandered into you! Out of mana? Better use a potion because three mobs just respawned right on top of you!

Of course people are complaining about Twilight Highlands and Uldum, not Hyjal, and pretty much everyone questing in those zones are vastly undergeared, so of course it's going to be hard there.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    Fuck, I love you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Exactly, you shouldn't be that reckless anyway, and if you are, you should die.

And not like how I levelled my warrior/pala/dk/bear by aggroing 10+ mobs and whittling them down.

That isn't fun, it is boring.
    Read above.

Heck, even Ghostcrawler came out and said that is indeed high, being the problem the fact that the people are undergeared.

Uldum and Twilight Highlands hasn't been itemized yet, so your questing in zones without the proper gear, not to mention if your not in beta, you have no right to say mobs are OP and mobs are UP etc. I say, mobs hit a lot more than mobs in wotlk... Of coarse, its higher level content, but people will misinterpret that and be like, omg, mobs are 3 shotting clothies now while questing!!! So, unless you are in beta, and have seen it yourself, don't be part of the rumor train and make more idiotic noobs like yourself fall victim to obvious exaggerations.

I dunno about the higher level zones, but in Hyjal I was having trouble not pulling mobs. Need to stop to heal? Too bad, a mob just wandered into you! Out of mana? Better use a potion because three mobs just respawned right on top of you!

Of course people are complaining about Twilight Highlands and Uldum, not Hyjal, and pretty much everyone questing in those zones are vastly undergeared, so of course it's going to be hard there.
    This is because of the trremendously upped respawn rate of beta. Normally mobs won't spawn like that. (ok at the start of Cata they will, as there will be tons of people playing, so making them spawn ultra-fast.)

But what I am trying to say is that you are fighting mobs in an area tuned for at least 2-3 people at one time, on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    So i have heard mobs in Cataclysm have a ton of health and hit like a truck (like 20-40% of total hp for clothies).
    Most of what I've heard is that you might end up at 40% at the end of a fight, not that they hit you for that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Most of what I've heard is that you might end up at 40% at the end of a fight, not that they hit you for that much.
    Which is when you are undergeared. Come back when you have 20 or more ilvls on all your gear and then try it, it will be easier.

Hehe, ending a fight @ 40%, that made me nostalgia back to warriorlevelling in vanilla, yellow mobs killed you, so you had to farm green ones, and don't even think of a 2mob pull, you would get killed faster than you could say "pwnt".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    This is because of the trremendously upped respawn rate of beta. Normally mobs won't spawn like that. (ok at the start of Cata they will, as there will be tons of people playing, so making them spawn ultra-fast.)

But what I am trying to say is that you are fighting mobs in an area tuned for at least 2-3 people at one time, on your own.
    It's not just the extreme respawn rate (although that's part of it), but also mobs are so close together that they would wander into aggro range all the time. Certain quests, especially in caves or small areas, I was pretty much guaranteed to be in combat all the time due to how close they were together.

EDIT: And that was as a melee class. As a caster I bet it would be even worse but I haven't tried leveling one there yet.

Deleted
    It's not just the extreme respawn rate (although that's part of it), but also mobs are so close together that they would wander into aggro range all the time. Certain quests, especially in caves or small areas, I was pretty much guaranteed to be in combat all the time due to how close they were together.

EDIT: And that was as a melee class. As a caster I bet it would be even worse but I haven't tried leveling one there yet.
    The ogre caves, right?

To the dear OP , exit is ----------------> That way , gl have fun
    First get there , get the gear and then complain , as it has been said a million times , it is still beta , you have not been there so please oh please stop crying and for this expansion learn how to play your class , or for short l2p , cheers bye bye .

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

Clearly, you aren't on the beta. The respawn speed is very high and the zones are highly populated.
    which is why it is beta. :x
    the respawn timers will most likely be adjusted, quite sure it should only be like this for testing.
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

10+ Year Old Account
    The ogre caves, right?
    The only ogre cave I remember was really easy, actually, but there were players everywhere so they may have been keeping the numbers in check.

Honestly the worst part was when I get sent to fight the Twilight's Hammer guys right next to Nordrassil. There's so many of them packed so close together (and pretty much any damage will pull them off of the NPCs) that even on my premade paladin I had trouble staying alive.

The quest that sends you into the Firelands to destroy crates and cores was also pretty densely packed. Even full of players I was constantly getting aggro from nearby mobs without trying.

I'm really hoping that they thin the numbers out a bit after release. It's a necessary evil with so many people there, but once the flood of players passes places like that will be a death sentence if they don't change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni View Post
    which is why it is beta. :x
    the respawn timers will most likely be adjusted, quite sure it should only be like this for testing.
    Or they can just itemized the zones that have no items yet. Which was exactly my point on the entire thread. It's nothing more than lack of proper gear. ICC epics are NOT good for Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason mobs are hard on the beta. What you have to remember is that each level from 80-85 is a much bigger jump than levels were previously. My 53 prot warrior can solo level 56+ quests, but my 83 DK has a hard time with mobs only one or two levels higher than himself.
    The same goes for gear. Level 83 gear is a fairly large upgrade over, say, level 82 gear. Each zone's quest items are a significant upgrade over the last zone's.

Now remember that no zone harder than Deepholm (82-83) has any quest rewards yet. This means people are trying to do 85 quests and kill 85 mobs with level 82 gear, which is very difficult due to the larger level gap. Once all the zones have gear, and Blizz gets a chance to balance around that, the mobs will be very different.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Deleted
    The only ogre cave I remember was really easy, actually, but there were players everywhere so they may have been keeping the numbers in check.

Honestly the worst part was when I get sent to fight the Twilight's Hammer guys right next to Nordrassil. There's so many of them packed so close together (and pretty much any damage will pull them off of the NPCs) that even on my premade paladin I had trouble staying alive.

I'm really hoping that they thin the numbers out a bit after release. It's a necessary evil with so many people there, but once the flood of players passes places like that will be a death sentence if they don't change.
    Ah, the Earth Elementals.

But the respawn rate is actually tied to the number of players on the zone. Late Hyjal is a pain in the ass for the lack of quest mobs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    Oweena i have a 100d /played Mage , played him since ahn qiraj, so i know to kite/slow etc.

Det im not afraid of mobs getting more difficult but simply buffing their damage/health is the wrong way to go, it would be way more fun if they gave every mob like 5 different abilities for example giving some random murloc mortal strike/silence/charge/bladestorm instead of just making him hit a ton.

Anyway as a mage i would much easier beat the current beta superstrong mobs (due to many snares/roots/slows/sheep/improved blink/ablast spam)
    then these mobs with superawsome abilities but i still want the latter for fun.
    they are giving them abilities that make them a pain in the ass...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or they can just itemized the zones that have no items yet. Which was exactly my point on the entire thread. It's nothing more than lack of proper gear. ICC epics are NOT good for Cataclysm.
    people will never want to dump their t10 for greens etc, and will rather try to just levl with t10, albeit being alot weaker.
    u know, peeps didn't like TBC either for being overly colored and nothing fitting to makes anything look a bit decent. there were barely any combinations of a good "set" that was good itemized for said class/spec, and didn't look like a rainbow.

i guess it's mostly looks :P
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni View Post
    people will never want to dump their t10 for greens etc, and will rather try to just levl with t10, albeit being alot weaker.
    u know, peeps didn't like TBC either for being overly colored and nothing fitting to makes anything look a bit decent. there were barely any combinations of a good "set" that was good itemized for said class/spec, and didn't look like a rainbow.

i guess it's mostly looks :P
    It's their death.

Actually, I also made the same mistake of keeping the premade ICC gear on the Beta at the start. And then mobs started to rape me...

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you are just not getting it.

What is happening is that these people crying on the beta, are trying to do the 85 content in their Icecrown epics and cannot understand why they are getting hit hard.

There is a bigger gap in gear between 80 and 85 than there was between 70 and 75. If you went into Icecrown in your Karazhan epics, you would have got hit hard too. As people have said the gear that you are meant to do these level 85 mobs in isn't even available yet. Once the gear is sorted out, it will be much easier.