Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Hmm. From the way you worded your post I can see which you favor.

In a PUG, people are considered equal and get equal oppertunities to receive loot. Exceptions being that they were not trying or AFK.
    It's not that simple. I did a pug last week where the raidleader invited his friend DK with a blue weapon and overall just bad gear. He didn't play that bad but if I have to roll against someone with gear that is not even good enough for the instance who does 7k dps and I am in full T10 doing 14k dps I don't really think that is fair. But pugs are pugs and I could have left. I didn't really care, but it's just an example.

So guilds or GDKP runs!

/roll

10+ Year Old Account
    "All raid leaders roll!"
    /roll
    You roll a 6.
    You receive loot "X".
    You have left the group.

JK I've never ninja'd in my life and never plan to. I just do mainspec rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    That's also why I do not - and never will - run my pugs as straight up RNG anymore. GDKP all the way. People make damn sure to DPS the adds and such when they have several thousand gold waiting for them at the end of the night. If someone decides to be a nutsack and leaves/fails horribly/etc., well... 24-way split, everyone? Sound good?
    Yeeeees... I really like GDKP cause nothing motivates like gold. Plus I get the chance to earn big cash on a lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    So guilds or GDKP runs!
    Pretty much this.
    Last edited by BurningStick; 2010-09-13 at 06:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by im a deathnight :O View Post
    usually, when i make runs for say icc25, i use GS for one thing only, like, if you have 5k gs then i expect atleast 6k dps from you, (i remember pulling 7k on koravon with 4.8k gs back when he came out), 5.5k gs i expect somewhat around 7k, 6k gs i want atleast 8.5k... if people cant even break these simple margins then i dont see why they should receive loot, its getting wasted in a way giving it to them.

only once every so often do people QQ
    Then say a random character/random class joined, with NO optimzed gear e.g no enchants/no gems/no glyphs and his gear pieces does not fit together - he's just been equipping what he can get his hands at due to not playing that much. Would you expect him to pull of this high number of DPS? Okey, that was unrealistic. Say he has enchants/gems/glyphs, but not optimzed. Still think he can do it? Highly doubt it, also depends heavily on the class. So you're measuring your DPS by the standard of a Patchwerk-style boss possibly included by a 100% usage of the 40sec Bloodlust? Seems kinda unfair now, doesn't it?

I havnt led a pug in a very long time but I personally am not a fan of tossing good gear at shitty players because they roll well. For items like DBW Id only let the top few dps (that its actually good for IE not ret pallies if there are any others needing it) and then let them roll it out.

For DV its something of the same idea its just not great for some classes so again id let the top few dps who actually benefit most from it roll. If a player cant hit a basic dps goal and gets carried through the encounter I dont give them gear over the people who actually had to carry them.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Deleted
    Just like that

Deleted
    Do w/e, just make sure you TELL EVERYONE teh loot rules when you inv them to the pug.

And try to remember on simple fact: IT'S JUST A GAME!

Deleted
    when i last formed a pug, i didnt take scrubs in, and heroic db:w went to the only person in raid who still needed it.

Well we usually use the good old /Roll
    People will most likely bitch when a low dps gets it, but thats the way it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Canitnerd View Post
    I take all the loots i need, sell the loots i dont. Works out pretty well.
    People like you are the reason this game has such a bad rep.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Since I never had a 25 man guild, whenever a good trinket dropped and I had to roll I never won it, even though I was usually top 3 dps or better. It would go to the biggest scrub in the group probably wearing pvp gear too. For that reason I stopped pugging 25 all together after I was done with my badges.

Quote Originally Posted by im a deathnight :O View Post
    usually, when i make runs for say icc25, i use GS for one thing only, like, if you have 5k gs then i expect atleast 6k dps from you, (i remember pulling 7k on koravon with 4.8k gs back when he came out), 5.5k gs i expect somewhat around 7k, 6k gs i want atleast 8.5k... if people cant even break these simple margins then i dont see why they should receive loot, its getting wasted in a way giving it to them.

only once every so often do people QQ
    with a 30% buff your expectations are low, really low
    Last edited by Alenko; 2010-09-13 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pug, I don't lead raids.

My raid leader mixes Loot Council with /roll 200 main 100 off. My small guild is trustworthy and respectable.

Those who roll main are looked upon by 3 unbiased officers. They decide if they really really really need the upgrade. If they don't they ask so and so to give it to someone else. If they refuse, they list the ability to roll main spec for the rest of the raid, but can keep that one piece of loot.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by fahrfreude View Post
    Then say a random character/random class joined, with NO optimzed gear e.g no enchants/no gems/no glyphs and his gear pieces does not fit together - he's just been equipping what he can get his hands at due to not playing that much. Would you expect him to pull of this high number of DPS? Okey, that was unrealistic. Say he has enchants/gems/glyphs, but not optimzed. Still think he can do it? Highly doubt it, also depends heavily on the class. So you're measuring your DPS by the standard of a Patchwerk-style boss possibly included by a 100% usage of the 40sec Bloodlust? Seems kinda unfair now, doesn't it?
    first off all, that was an example, i always take moderation to the fight, and assignments etc, and i know for a fact that 5.5k gs poorly-optimized people can pull somewhere around 7k, my friend who doesnt play much/raid much, isnt greatly itemized either, and he still gets through it all. And i always say what i expect from what fights i plan to do, and people agree, if they fail to do the dps i set out, then they simply dont get gear, they agreed to it.

It's not that simple.... an example.

So guilds or GDKP runs!
    He sounds like he did a great job considering his "bad gear." I wonder, was he last in dps?

But regardless that doesnt really fit into what were talking about. That is a special situation created by the raid leader/loot master.

Aka Buddy System.

The ignorant,yet some how, elitests are too abundant in this topic. Im out.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-09-13 at 07:25 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

/roll

Since the trinkets you mention do not drop from the first boss you (as RL) have had plenty of time to see whether people are slacking, if they are slacking and you have not removed them it is unfair for you to restrict the rolls since by keeping them in the raid you given the nod to their current performance.

What we have started doing on my realm is setting up PuGs using the ingame calendar, after the first week we remove the crud players and make another run for the following week, PuGrecruiting the missing members. So far the PuG went from Wipes on Festergut Normal (lol) to getting 10/12 in the second week - which for a PuG isn't bad. It helps people gear alts and creates inter-guild friendships so it's win win...win

I'm hijacking this threat! This weekend I lost Tiny Abomination in a Jar to a feral (I'm ret). Is that trinket even good for a feral (It did 1,2%-1,4% of his dmg on next boss)...

Quote Originally Posted by Store1989 View Post
    Well we usually use the good old /Roll
    People will most likely bitch when a low dps gets it, but thats the way it works
    Untill you lose a roll against some noob that you think doesn't deserve it while you work your ass off, every week.

Untill you did 50+ runs in ICC for one item and some scrub comes in who is on his second ICC run and wins it.

Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    /roll

Since the trinkets you mention do not drop from the first boss you (as RL) have had plenty of time to see whether people are slacking, if they are slacking and you have not removed them it is unfair for you to restrict the rolls since by keeping them in the raid you given the nod to their current performance.
    I disagree with the "its giving the nod". Its doing no such thing, its simply realizing that a skilled/geared enough raid can carry a certain number of people. I dont mind people tagging along to get emblems of a piece or two of gear that noone else needs/wants but im not the kind of guy who rewards mediocrity. Its one thing to be badly geared, its entirely another to not put forth enough effort to be the best you can be.

Untill you lose a roll against some noob that you think doesn't deserve it while you work your ass off, every week.

Untill you did 50+ runs in ICC for one item and some scrub comes in who is on his second ICC run and wins it.
    Exactly why trinkets are an item I have more restrictions for.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.