Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Wheres ele and moonkins defensive CD "O S**T button"?

!***READ BEFORE YOU POST***!

I play ele shaman and im 2k rating several seasons...and i notice ele is only caster if not only spec without a defensive(s) O S**T button.
    now im talking about CDs not moves so much people are saying grounding totem and wind shear ect ect...those dont compare to wahts below...please read

every other class has...

death knight...
    ghoul sac
    icebound fort
    anti zone and anti-magic shell

hunter...
    deterrence

druid...
    nature swiftness(semi O S**T defensive)
    barkskin(semi O S**T defensive)
    Survival instinct
    enrage regen

mage...
    ice block
    ice barrier(semi O S**T defensive)
    glyph evocation(semi O S**T defensive)

Paladin...
    LoH/Bubble
    Aura mastery
    Divine Protection

Priest...
    Dispersion(most hated O S**T defensive ability because of the CD on it with glyph)
    Pain suppression
    Physic Scream(semi O S**T defensive)
    Power fort(semi O S**T defensive, disc spec that is)

Rogue...
    Evasion
    Cloaks(2nd most hated O S**T defensive ability)
    vanish(semi O**T defensive ability, becuase it bugs every now and then)

Shaman...
    Nature swiftness(semi O S**T defensive)
    Wolves(semi O S**T defensive)
    Shamaistic rage(semi O S**T defensive)

Warrior...
    Shield wall
    Enrage regen
    Retaliation
    Spell reflect(semi O**T defensive)

Warlock...
    Death coil
    Sacrifice
    soul link

now from the list i have made that only 2 classes without a legit defensive ability are druids(moonkin) and shamans(ele)...and if you don't believe me then you obviously don't know PvP and you obviously don't know that these 2 specs(moonkin/ele) i linked are the most common to get sat on in arena because there soft(dps specs that is, any healer can be somewhat annoying).

and if anyone says "well if they have no defense because they do to much burst"
    your wrong...destro, arcane, spriest and arms do wayyy more damage then moonkin/ele overall in pvp.
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-08-17 at 11:03 PM.

I don't consider Death Coil Soul Link or Sacrifice an OSHIT button..

1. DC- it's just offensive spell, it wont save you.
    2. Soul link....buff ...active always, like fortitude is a defensive spell...
    3. Sacrifice...which normal warlock uses fucking voidwalker in pvp? none

Destro Warlocks have only oshit ability and that is the demonic circle...which is not always life saving

Don't complain about shamans pls, nor moonkins...

dont' both ele and boomking have a knockback, which in EotS is REALLY ANOYING
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryaZaanu View Post
    only is EotS...and it doesnt worm 1/2 the time...

Quote Originally Posted by MaryaZaanu View Post
    ^ I wouldn't trade Tstorm for anything.... maybe disengage... i love that ability, but i'll keep tstorm

divine protection gives forberance too for pallys

I think I remember that ele shamans have a totem that roots everyone around it for 4 sec and have the ability to kite any melee for almost ever. Ele shamans can also heal themselves. Moonkins just have massive dmg and force the other team to go defensive. Quit QQing

Any good/smart melee will destroy a hunter even in deterrence (especially rogues, just stun a hunter during and they're done), and most spell casters will dot the hunter before hand and deterrence doesn't protect the hunter against dots.

What about that totem bubble thing where you get a weaker version yet still significant type of power word: shield
    Last edited by Gildian; 2010-08-15 at 10:56 PM.

Soul Link is not an on-demand defensive ability, its a passive damage redirection, so hardly an oh s**t button by any definition.
    Sacrifice is dependant on choice of pet, so not a reliable one.
    Death Coil does qualify maybe, but the cooldown plus a good amount of anti-magic utility around does mean it won't always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk View Post
    !***READ BEFORE YOU POST***!
    death knight...
    ghoul sac
    icebound fort
    anti zone and shield

druid...
    nature swiftness(semi O S**T defensive)
    barkskin(semi O S**T defensive)
    Survival instinct
    enrage regen
    So I see you don't like DKs. Why do you consider eating ghoul oh shit button? It's just around 10k heal, while your HoTs are way more annoying and for next 30 sec I can't use his stun. Next, Icebound is full OH SHIIIIIIIII... but barkskin is "semi"? It's basically the same skill... ALSO DKs can't use shield... but if you mean bone armor - it only has 3 charges per minute, it's not oh snap and you can surely do more than 3 hits per minute... or you suck...

Ball to you - you can use instant cast trents that do decent damage, while Army is still restricted even after strong nerf.

Ele shammy? You should wipe the opposing team with heroism (again, I can't understand why spell like Heroism is not restricted...) before they can do anything. OR just don't play duo dps if you suck at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzguy View Post
    I think I remember that ele shamans have a totem that roots everyone around it for 4 sec and have the ability to kite any melee for almost ever. Ele shamans can also heal themselves. Moonkins just have massive dmg and force the other team to go defensive. Quit QQing
    lol...i just explained that moonkins burst isnt taht great compared to other classes...also heals are "O S**T" if your a dps spec.

so post somthing that makes a lil sense

Thunderstorm, glyph of stoneskin totem.

Typhoon, bearform barkskin
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil View Post
    So I see you don't like DKs. Why do you consider eating ghoul oh shit button? It's just around 10k heal, while your HoTs are way more annoying and for next 30 sec I can't use his stun. Next, Icebound is full OH SHIIIIIIIII... but barkskin is "semi"? It's basically the same skill... ALSO DKs can't use shield... but if you mean bone armor - it only has 3 charges per minute, it's not oh snap and you can surely do more than 3 hits per minute... or you suck...

Ball to you - you can use instant cast trents that do decent damage, while Army is still restricted even after strong nerf.

Ele shammy? You should wipe the opposing team with heroism (again, I can't understand why spell like Heroism is not restricted...) before they can do anything. OR just don't play duo dps if you suck at it...
    i have a dk...ghoul sac is 15k...also i love dks im just posting the 80s i have that i have the worst surviabilty the most, out of 4 yrs of playing this game 5 80s and pvping on all of em 2k plus in several season..

no im talking about anti-magic shell, its a 45 sec CD that raduce damage by 75%...that isnt O S**T to u?
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-08-15 at 11:12 PM.

Moonkin burst is fine.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both Elemental Shamans and Moonkins need to just sit on top of Lumber Mill all day :P

er... moonkin and ele both have punts, both have snares, both have great armor, and both have the ability to heal and both can CC, not to mention the huge burst both have on tap. you're balanced around ALL your abilities, not just the oh shit buttons.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

I don't think Storm Husk has played this game since ICC came out... I don't think he realizes what starfall is yet. Also heals r def an O S**t button if u can kite someone around for a long period of time. /end thread

Also realized he is talking about 2's, which if he payed any attention he would know that 2's aren't balanced at all and Storm Husk should quit complaining
    Last edited by Wyzguy; 2010-08-15 at 11:15 PM.

both have snares roots cc and both can heal extremely well for being dps. If you have played against an lsd with a pulse you realize how well ele can heal.

and its not like you can silence a ele cuz they just get shield wall for free when you do that. and if you count ice barrier and evo from mages an ele or boomkin can also heal much more in that same time and stoneclaw absorbs almost as much. also druids can switch out of snares and polys and have quite a bit of armor in any spec for being a leather class.

Curious, what arena rating are you at?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    er... moonkin and ele both have punts, both have snares, both have great armor, and both have the ability to heal and both can CC, not to mention the huge burst both have on tap. you're balanced around ALL your abilities, not just the oh shit buttons.
    moonkin dont got a legit snare.

and every class has a amazing defensive CD why not ele and moonkin? dont reley cause there hybrids cause paladins and priest got em.

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    Curious, what arena rating are you at?
    2100 atm 3 80s