Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    I play destro on live servers and do nice dps with it (around 14k) in icc. Not sure why people hate on it, if u stay casting on the move and have nice SP trinket procs and around 1k haste, no reason destro should be up there with the others. Im glad to hear destro is doing well on beta becuz ive been playing destro for a long time and sick of hearing people say its not that good or switch specs. People see that til they see me play and just say its becuz of my gear. But i dont care, destro is fun to me and always will be. Def still be a destro lock in cata.
    I don't think any knowledgable players ever said destro was bad in our current build. It's certainly viable. That said, it's not nearly as good as aff dps-wise. As you're doing 14k dps now in icc with the 30% buff, I was doing that as aff with the 5% buff and I do rougly 20k dps now at 30%.

Gear might be an issue though.

It's very possible that some specs/classes might be overpowered come patch 4.x. As Blizzard said, these numbers are balanced around level 85.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

currently pandemic isnt working for drain soul to reset all dots only corruption just like hand of guldan and immolate

a lot of things are buggy though

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah gear might be an issue, i have all the BiS 264 gear, no heroic stuff. I got DFO and muradins as trinket, keep getting screwed on Phylactery. And regular Frost Needle. So that might be the issue. I was just saying on average i do around 14k. Ive done 17k, ive done 13k, just on average i do around 14k with all the bosses averaged together. But ive been playing destro for a long time and ive only lossed to a few afflicion locks, good affliction locks, bad affliction locks dont have a chance.

Gief ptr! my chars hav been on Succesful copy status for nearly 2 days now !! and not appeared to play. so annoying

Today in PTR when testing affliction spec I noticed an interesting thing

My DPS jumped 2-3k when I changed Shadow bolt to Drain life as a filler spell (I had 14k tick crit with Drain Life). I know that blizz doesn't want us to use it and its only PTR and that stuff, but the rotation felt much more interesting and so on with Drain life cos of more Nightfall procs, paying attention a bit more and using Soulburn on every CD to drain life.
    Affli in PvP felt really strong, I could do insane damage by fully dotting a target, then with Soul Swap glyph getting those dots to another target too, with some drain lifes mixed in.

Demo was good in PvP too, HoG hits like a truck and Felstorm does decent damage too. Searing pain seemed to be best "Filler" spell in PvP to demo, I was critting anything between 3-5k. I think I didn't get everything out of demo pvp tho cos of new abilites and the fact that I've never played demo in PvP (yeah, we all know its the imbaest spec in pvp atm :P)

IMP auto attacking= 4.8k dps
    Enough said

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsey View Post
    Enough said
    wtb eyes of the beast for bg's, so we can run around as our imp smashing peeps

Quote Originally Posted by Darsey View Post
    Enough said
    Burning Embers is bugged. Its supposed to tick for 30% of the damage over 7secoonds. Instead it is ticking for 100% of the damage, EVERY second for 7 seconds (or until next firebolt/soulfire hits)
    Basically get rid of the burning embers ur imp is giving, and it goes back to 1-2k dps max.

That said, i can do 14-15k dps unbuffed on target dummy, fix the burning embers and i stil gonna be pulling 11-12k dps unbuffed as destro.

I just tooled around a bit yesterday.
    On Demo:
    rotation seems insane, have to watch a lot of CDs.

On Aff
    -Just played with the mobs around the argent tourney ground.
    Drain life is definitely outdpsing Sbolt, DL all told was doing 1700 per tick before Haunt or SE, I was honestly just killing mobs with Haunt/DL. Great fun.
    Siphon life nerf doesn't seem all that bad, was still able to chain pull easily without health/mana issues.
    Corruption seems a bit nerfed, in live I can drop regular mobs with just corr, in PTR the felpup had to occasionally help.
    Felpup was taking a lot of damage and actually pulling off of me, seemed to be getting some nice hits in as well and appeared to be scaling with crit.

Didn't have recount on so don't know numbers, and didn't do anything serious.