Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    troll for cata...OR possibly goblin because haste is godly as it lowers GCD. The unclear thing is if goblin's haste passive works for gcd, haven't tried it. That coupled with their small damage buffs might make them better than troll.

Also alliance will be worgen for 1% crit. Dwarves is only with guns... worgen is all.
    Last edited by frott; 2010-09-17 at 05:46 PM.

Orcs would be the best but a racial isn't worth playing a race you don't like. Be a troll or something else. I, myself, will probably be rolling a Human or Undead. I don't know yet.

I'll be going tauren. Tauren hunter is the third least common race/class combo, just above orc rogues and dwarf rogues. I like to keep my characters in the not-seeing-1,000-others-just-like-me category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhara View Post
    PVP
    humans - alliance
    undead - horde
    PVE
    dwarf - alliance
    troll - horde

edit: forgot undead
    they will nerf the human racial

I'll gove with worgen..Nitro boosts>Racial sprint>Let traps across the way>turn around>Aim'd shot that bastard

Deleted
    Orc, troll, goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    Yeah Belf is amazing for PvE in Cata. Hunters will be going OOM ALL THE TIME.
    Because Arcane Torrent won't effect Rage or Focus mechanics just like it doesn't effect Rune Power or Energy mechanics currently right?

On topic, if I cared enough to race change my hunter I'd probably go Troll but I've become accustomed to my rugged female orc.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-09-17 at 06:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Blood Elf, because the armor looks better on them.
    Pffft.... Everything looks better on an orc (exept robes and "kilts"

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    best for what? farming? pvp? pve? which side? horde side? alliance?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    pet will o shitload of damage and orc have by far the best racials for a BM hunter
    5% pet damage
    burst CD

or reroll ally and chose one class out of them, none of them will do more DPS (except dorf if you like guns, but who want a short/fat avatar?), i was elf then changed to Draenei to farm old contents easily

Strictly DPS-wise, trolls are on top using a bow, while orcs are with crossbows or guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    pet will o shitload of damage and orc have by far the best racials for a BM hunter
    5% pet damage
    burst CD

or reroll ally and chose one class out of them, none of them will do more DPS (except dorf if you like guns, but who want a short/fat avatar?), i was elf then changed to Draenei to farm old contents easily
    Except haste is better:
    it lowers GCD
    which gives you more focus
    which means you do more shots in the same amount of time as equally geared orc
    more shots = more pet focus = more pet/hunter dps

Worgen/goblin which beats the old
    troll/dwarf. but alliance is pointless as nobody uses guns.

orc AP is not better than troll bow + haste. not sure where those numbers above are modelled from but they're probably using unrealistic fight parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhara View Post
    PVP
    humans - alliance
    undead - horde
    PVE
    dwarf - alliance
    troll - horde

edit: forgot undead
    humans are going to be useless in pvp, along with undead, but not so much so ( racial wise)
    pvp for alliance will be either of the races though, with IMO human being last. since the only benefit you get is stealth detection, which is sorta useless with flare. For horde pvp, orc is nice for reduced stun/extra damage, tauren/belf for cc/interrupt troll for damage and goblin for, well i dont remember their racials.

Pve horde itll probably stay as orc/troll depending on your weapon type available.
    Pve alliance I believe worgen have a flat +% damage so I'd say them and dwarves, depending on weapon type again.

why blood elf for appearance? maybe if you are a female, but if your a guy, blood elfs look um, how shall I say *cough* gay *cough* There is nothing masculine about a male blood elf, so if your trying to represent a fairy child, then BE would be a good choice.

So Venture, what's the best horde race for a Necromancer?
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Troll: 1% crit with bows and 20% haste for 10seconds on a 3min CD. Combined with rapid fire and bloodlust for 100% increased speed.
    Goblin: 1% haste and a jump which is really good for pvp.
    Orc: 5% increased pet dmg and AP on use which doesn't really scale good with gear compared to a %

^ they're all really good, depends on what you prefer tbh.

Alliance(don't really know alot)
    Draenei 1% hit which is very good
    Night Elf female because they look the best IMO

do what looks best to you. it really is all that matters in the end.