Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy Light, too long too little

Title pretty much says it all. (too long, too little I meant dammit, cant edit the title)

This is for the current PTR:
    For Holy healing, Holy Light has a crazy long cast time for something that heals so little. And used with Beacon of Light? Forget it, its like 5K heals on a 60K tank, and the mobs are hitting much harder on the ptr. They gave mobs in 5 man WotLK heroics a big expertise, hit and Attack Power bonus.

I know HL costs almost nothing, my mana regens 100% the cost within the cast time of the previous HL, but I almost had a tank die in the space of waiting for a HL to finish casting.

Keep the power the same, but the cast time definitely needs 1 sec base cut off it.

Plus Divine Plea, the healing debuff definitely needs to be removed considering DP got a double nerf: from 1 min to 2min cooldown, and from 25% to 10% mana regen.

you also have

Divine Light
    Flash of Light
    LIght of Dawn
    Holy Shock
    and once cata comes Radiance

learn to use them all correctly and you wont have a problem...

I believe the OP is stuck in the Warth Hpally mindset. You cant just spam Holy Light and keep a tank on 100% HP

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    you also have

Divine Light
    Flash of Light
    LIght of Dawn
    Holy Shock

What he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    As was said above, if you keep the 9% haste buff up and use holy shock whenever you can do boost the speed of holy light casting further you can do wonders for making it a very short cast time.

Also you have to remember with the way holy light works in ptr on beta it is no longer our huge long cast heal, it can be reduced a decent amount by other spells/abilities but it is a medium power low cost heal.

You may also want to change your glyphs from what they are on live.

Another thing to remember is that avoidance for tanks is much more valuable now then it is on live due to it being reduced & the amount of stamina/health everyone (including tanks) have being increased.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    Plus Divine Plea, the healing debuff definitely needs to be removed considering DP got a double nerf: from 1 min to 2min cooldown, and from 25% to 10% mana regen.
    thats too much. cant agree on holy light though if its mana regeneration is so fast... i mean you heal with no mana cost

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    you also have

Divine Light
    Flash of Light
    LIght of Dawn
    Holy Shock

They style of healing that everyone has to be full is going away somewhat just takes a bit getting use too.But pretty much we have alot of other utilities .

Title pretty much says it all. (too long, too little I meant dammit, cant edit the title)

This is for the current PTR:
    For Holy healing, Holy Light has a crazy long cast time for something that heals so little. And used with Beacon of Light? Forget it, its like 5K heals on a 60K tank, and the mobs are hitting much harder on the ptr. They gave mobs in 5 man WotLK heroics a big expertise, hit and Attack Power bonus.

I know HL costs almost nothing, my mana regens 100% the cost within the cast time of the previous HL, but I almost had a tank die in the space of waiting for a HL to finish casting.

Keep the power the same, but the cast time definitely needs 1 sec base cut off it.

The point of Holy Light isn't that it is is fast or that it heals for amazing amounts, the point is it's mana efficency. All healing classes have been given a "medium" heal, something such as the Heal spell for Priests which is used between Flash Heal for emergencies, and Greater Heal for massive damage.

If your tank is dying because you are spamming Holy Light, you should have cast a bigger heal, or two fast heals. Lowering the cast time by a second would completely remove the entire point of the spell, which is as a filler which helps your mana efficency you can use when people are not taking a lot of damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

All these people complaining that Holy paladins suck now, and I'm willing to bet not one of them is using their entire healing kit to keep people alive.

Healers are now realizing the difficulty of TBC and classic healing! no more 1 button healers!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apok101 View Post
    Healers are now realizing the difficulty of TBC and classic healing! no more 1 button healers!!!!!!!!
    The irony of this is absolutely astounding. Holy paladins and Resto shamans in TBC hit one button.

Edit: Are any of you actually healing things on the PTR? Anyone who's giving him crap about his comment? It sure sounds like you're just parroting the blizzard standard line.
    Last edited by tjanson; 2010-09-14 at 04:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As Abandon said, Holy Light is meant to be a medium cast, mana efficent heal- This is the go-to heal for when things are light (i.e. your group is killing that trash pack and 3 of the 4 mobs are dead so the tank is taking less damage).

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    Edit: Are any of you actually healing things on the PTR? Anyone who's giving him crap about his comment? It sure sounds like you're just parroting the blizzard standard line.
    And yet it's still true.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    The irony of this is absolutely astounding. Holy paladins and Resto shamans in TBC hit one button.

Funny, i thought it was 2-3 for pallies. i did play a rogue main during the TBC era, and didn't do much healing outside pvp on my pally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the OP's post makes me so happy, I'm looking forward to a world where healing won't be monotonous.

I've played a Holy pally over 2 and 1/2 years and lemme tell ya spamming H. Light gets old. For all of you new Pallies out there worrying about the changes your class is about to receive: Fear not! it is a new beginning and you will see that you will enjoy the new choices and challenges presented to you!

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 05:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    As Abandon said, Holy Light is meant to be a medium cast, mana efficent heal- This is the go-to heal for when things are light (i.e. your group is killing that trash pack and 3 of the 4 mobs are dead so the tank is taking less damage).
    Sort of like a filler, or a carefully timed/planned heal if you know the encounter or are just very intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Apok101 View Post
    Funny, i thought it was 2-3 for pallies. i did play a rogue main during the TBC era, and didn't do much healing outside pvp on my pally.
    You pretty much only used Flash of Light. Obviously, if that's all you cast, and not your utility spells you were pretty scrubby, but as far as pure healing went, you could go just fine with Flash of Light up until Sunwell. All I'm saying is that you did more in WotLK than you ever did in TBC as a holy paladin. Beacon, Sacred Shield, and Judgements of the Pure certainly aren't hard to keep up, but they didn't exist pre WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    And yet it's still true.
    Is it really? Do you know that from experience, or are you just throwing it out there? I just like how the OP complained about tank healing issues, and people say "LOL USE LIGHT OF DAWN AND HOLY RADIANCE" as if that will help him out. You don't use "your entire kit" to keep tanks alive. Nobody tells priests to use Circle of Healing or Druids to really Wild Growth the hell out of the tanks.
    Last edited by tjanson; 2010-09-14 at 06:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrey View Post
    Reading the OP's post makes me so happy, I'm looking forward to a world where healing won't be monotonous.

I've played a Holy pally over 2 and 1/2 years and lemme tell ya spamming H. Light gets old. For all of you new Pallies out there worrying about the changes your class is about to receive: Fear not! it is a new beginning and you will see that you will enjoy the new choices and challenges presented to you!

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 05:09 AM ----------

Sort of like a filler, or a carefully timed/planned heal if you know the encounter or are just very intuitive.
    Basically- since you actually GAIN mana basically from casting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But if our 'to go' heal is too slow and too little, then we might have a problem though if it can't keep people up in wotlk-heroics.
    Are you talking about on the PTR? Because right now mob damage on the PTR is much higher than it's supposed to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Because right now mob damage on the PTR is much higher than it's supposed to be.
    Have the Blues said so?

Cause I think it's intended, as Blues have stated that:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Creature damage output has been increased from roughly level 65 and up. These increases scale upward with level.

Deleted
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me.