Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    Ok. Does someone here understand why Blizzard wants to launch Cataclysm on TUESDAY !? Seriously , Tuesday = worst day of the week to launch something. People work Tuesday , people go at school Tuesday , people hate Tuesday. Sure you can miss work or school but not everyone can. Some players are hardcore and like to lvl fast or explore the content of the nex expansion very fast in the first days of its release. I mean , even for those who don't care and play slow , TUESDAY STILL SUCKS. High School students can miss 1 or 2 days of school , It's no big deal. What about the 90% players remaining ? Some people can't miss work and some of them are noob enough to take their vacations for the release. Still.. Tuesday is the worst day for this. It's not even close to the Weekend. MOVE IT TO FRIDAY !
    Wait, lets bring it out on a monday, no wait how about wednesday? hmm maybe thursday? how about friday? no matter what day you bring it out people are going to be working or at school

Perhaps the pre-cata event has something to do with it, the servers going down for the weekly reset would be a nice cop out to do the old world changes. "Oh hey, they were going down anyway..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Halo reach came out today, tuesday.

Seems to be fine for me atm...

I think it will go live on the Thursday anyway, I remember being able to buy LK on the Wednesday but it wasn't officially released in the UK until the day after maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bignumbers View Post
    Wait, lets bring it out on a monday, no wait how about wednesday? hmm maybe thursday? how about friday? no matter what day you bring it out people are going to be working or at school
    You don't get it. If It's released on a Friday , It will be easy for players to dodge work or school for a day. I know It's not the right thing to do but It's fun when players can actually enjoy the game at its release and have a life at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I'll be available Tuesday. ;D
    Along with the tractor beam and the photon torpedoes? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by KageZetsumei View Post
    Ok, first of all... this release is NOT official. Second, as previously mentioned, video games frequently come out on Tuesdays. Thirdly, you aren't "hardcore" for wanting to level up really fast in the first few days. That just means you have no life. Don't be upset that you have a life.
    Woah woah woah, don't say that wanting to PLAY a game you enjoy means you have no life! Don't you think if you payed for this game BUT THEN DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY IT, that would be ridiculous?

Sure, everyone WANTS to play when things are new, exciting and FUN. And if you don't feel that way, you're lying or taken up the wrong HOBBY. Sure, some people can't get out of obligations of school/jobs/family, but some CAN. And because they CAN in no way makes them no lifers! In fact, since they have sometime to get AWAY, they obviously have a life to get away from!

It is no different than taking an early weekend off to go to Vegas or your other conveniently located vacation spot/party/concert/FISHING HOLE. It's a HOBBY! It's FUN! Do not equate that because this takes place on a computer it makes you have no life, but when you get piss drunk outside, that's part of a "life"!

FUN!
    Last edited by Jamber; 2010-09-14 at 02:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I don't work Tuesday

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... all games release on tuesday, where have you been all these years??

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    You don't get it. If It's released on a Friday , It will be easy for players to dodge work or school for a day. I know It's not the right thing to do but It's fun when players can actually enjoy the game at its release and have a life at the same time.
    Because you know, every single player is a hardcore endgame raider. We all have to play it nonstop until we hit 85, or it will suck!! OMG!!

Seriously. Game releases on Tuesdays is nothing new. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Matran View Post
    Movies on DVDs, Video Games, Albums....all on tuesday bro
    movies on monday bro.

who cares when it releases itll be like 3 weeks after release when you can actually play and log on normally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    ... all games release on tuesday, where have you been all these years??
    I don't know. I woke up yesterday at the Hospital

I think that sales numbers start late on monday, so releasing it on Tuesday give their sales numbers the most time to get weekly sales up. Also, a lot of games do this. I personally hate it, but it is what it is I guess.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

WOTLK was released THURSDAY November 13 2008

It will be released on Tuesday, because Nov. 2 is my 21st B-Day.

I emailed Blizzard and said "it'd be a pretty awesome b-day present to play cata on release whilst simultaneously killing off my liver by drinking too much"

They replied, "Are you sure you don't just want every single mount in the game? We'll even make a birthday moose mount JUST FOR YOU!"

I told them no, Cata release would be a far better present.

Then they said "okay, we'll try but we're making no promises."

But little did I know that Boub was secretly intercepting their emails and posted "OMG I PREDICT NOV. 2," on MMO Champ. He forgot to mention my birthday.

(<3 u Boub)
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

No one thought that Tuesdays are reset days... for how many years?

stop the whining.. If it doesnt fit you. Stop playing the game then...

Uh most games are released on Tuesdays. A lot of other stuff is released on Tuesdays, Music Cds for instance.

Wrath released on a Thursday, going to show Blizz isn't always Tuesday launches (granted Vanilla and TBC were Tuesday's).

The fact remains there is still no official release, and while Boub usually has a general idea on these things, it's not like he hasn't been wrong about release information before.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.