Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    That may be so but LoD is still twice as hard as Bane. Even 2 healing. Even two healing without a Disc.
    Are you really on infest duty for LoD?

I was. [edit] And I rarely had deaths for those I covered. And I was also often able to cover 1/2 extra groups (with help from other healers) when the disc priest got picked up.

As for how 10 man goes, its very possible. However, youre saying its your offspec in a mix of 251/264 gear - a direct armory to check the stats would have helped alot more, but alas, you apparantelly want some privacy.
    I've done LK hc with the disc/druid setup, which means I don't have any personal experience with infest, except for the fact that our melee never ever had bubbles. Fucking shadowmourne cleaves.
    It would seem possible, and theres even a video on youtube (lourrie of Heretic, Nagrand realm EU) from a resto druid PoV who does it with 20% buff, I think.
    Though, personally, I'd say that if its your offspec, and it not a mix of 264/277 gear, you wont be able to cope with the mana intensivity, or the sheer volume of the heals needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Are you really on infest duty for LoD?
    Do I roll rejuvs on everyone? Yes. Does that have anything to do with anything, no.

That may be so but LoD is still twice as hard as Bane. Even 2 healing. Even two healing without a Disc.
    as a whole sure, but mechanics wise it's same shiet
    and you need to remember that OP does not outgear bane so it will be quite challenging without 277loot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    as a whole sure, but mechanics wise it's same shiet
    and you need to remember that OP does not outgear bane so it will be quite challenging without 277loot
    That wasn't what was being talked about though. Outgearing LoD is 277 gear. Outgearing Bane is 264 gear. While doing it with 251/264 isn't easy, either is doing LoD with 264/277, but they are both equally doable.

Mechanics are the same, but having done Bane in the beginning of April and LoD in end of May, and still clearing them each week with updated gear, Bane has nothing on LoD.

But trying to pretend being on infest duty alone in 10 is somehow still harder than 25, having done it I wouldn't agree.

Outgearing LoD is 277 gear. Outgearing Bane is 264 gear.
    Not really, by the time you reach LoD - your raid would inevitably have 277 gear with marks (from Putri, Sindy and Blood Queen at the very least). Same applies to Bane, where 264 will be plentiful by the time you reach LK. And, most notably for Bane, I wouldn't even say having 277 gear is outgearing the fight, as much as it sounds like it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying you wont have 277/264 gear, but that is what it's supposed to be balanced for.

And bane is extremely easy in 277 gear. We do it on our alts.

I can't judge the general population obviously, but with the 30% buff and pretty much full 264/277(in 10) and full 277(in 25) gear, there is a reason only 500 guilds have done LoD and 2200 have done Bane. And that reason isn't the difference between 264 and 277 gear.

And bane is extremely easy in 277 gear. We do it on our alts.
    yeh, it is kind of outgearing it isn't it?

I can't judge the general population obviously, but with the 30% buff and pretty much full 264/277(in 10) and full 277(in 25) gear, there is a reason only 500 guilds have done LoD and 2200 have done Bane. And that reason isn't the difference between 264 and 277 gear.
    ofc there is huge difference, as for once some guild do not have raw dps for 25man and can easily meet the mark for 10man, but i agree that 25man is harder (it's supposed to be), but clearly it's not walk in the park as you make it out to be... esp for OP in 251/264 gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    yeh, it is kind of outgearing it isn't it?

Exactly, the person above me was claiming it was not. 277 gear + 30%, if you're group isn't terrible, isn't even slightly hard.

As I said, for most it's not going to be easy. I'm not saying it's easy without 277 gear. With 264 it's still not horrible, my hordes guild did it and we had only 264/251 gear. But comparing it to LoD, it's in its own world. I've done pretty much every "hard" fight since release and nothing ever made me rage. LoD....did =]

Thanks for the comments! Keep em coming. It helps a lot to see the different perspectives here