A Little Bit of Resto Help

Morning everyone.

Just a quick resto question i can't seem to answer by myself, iv'e tried running it through rawr and the like.

I'm trying to obtain the resto 4 set resto T10 Bonus and i'm nearly at the number of badges required to do it: My question is should i go legs or helm to complete it?

I have leggings of dubious charms on my legs and Ice-Reinforced Vrykul Helm on my head. (I know the lightning infused leggings may be better for the legs but i can't see the point in wasting the money now so close to cata)
    Not sure i can post links yet but i'm Shamanmatt on Kilrogg EU

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Shamanmatt

Many thanks to anyone that can help

Matt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanmatt View Post
    Morning everyone.

Just a quick resto question i can't seem to answer by myself, iv'e tried running it through rawr and the like.

I'm trying to obtain the resto 4 set resto T10 Bonus and i'm nearly at the number of badges required to do it: My question is should i go legs or helm to complete it?

I have leggings of dubious charms on my legs and Ice-Reinforced Vrykul Helm on my head. (I know the lightning infused leggings may be better for the legs but i can't see the point in wasting the money now so close to cata)
    Not sure i can post links yet but i'm Shamanmatt on Kilrogg EU

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Shamanmatt

Many thanks to anyone that can help

Matt
    I can say that without a doubt, you want to grab T10 resto head. Why? It has the best itemisation that a resto shaman can ever ask for. You definitely want head, shoulders and chest when it comes to T10.

Gloves and pants are both not so well itemised what with them having mp5 and crit, which is basically the worst combination of stats on our gear. So you're best off grabbing different legs with haste on them instead and get T10 gloves in order to complete your 4pc-bonus. If you ever have access to 277 tokens, the better option is to grab off-set gloves and set-pants - but considering that you're still working on getting your T10 together, you needn't concern yourself with such details.

Head, shoulders, chest. And gloves if you're not doing a lot of ICC25 heroic modes. That's basically it

Oh oh and since I just peeked at your armory link: Grab the sp/crit enchants for head and shoulders. Crit is more valuable to us due to improved water shield than a bit of mp5 will ever be for as long as this expansion is still going ^^

Also, the only kind of shaman that uses a Nightmare Tear is Enhancement. Please remove that horrible thing from your gear and meet the meta requirements with an orange and a green gem. You already have an orange one in your belt, so just shove a green haste/mp5 or haste/stam somewhere into a blue socket (shoulders, for example).
    Last edited by Seriss; 2010-09-14 at 08:29 AM.

yupp get teh helm!

That's brilliant advice thank you so much. I used to play enhancement but got forced into resto so we were short of healers in guild so that might explain the tear!!

typed out an epic wall of text then had another look in the thread and realised it said the same as seriss just said. lol
    OT: the ilvl 245 relic (in most cases) is better than the 264 one you are using (personal preference really)
    Last edited by shocktopuslol; 2010-09-14 at 01:17 PM. Reason: adding
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    typed out an epic wall of text then had another look in the thread and realised it said the same as seriss just said. lol
    OT: the ilvl 245 relic (in most cases) is better than the 264 one you are using (personal preference really)
    Awww, but I like epic walls of text about shammy stuff! Even when it's repetitive. /hug

The relic thing... It depends a lot on what your task is. So it's always good to carry both of them with you so you can swap accordingly (Valithria, anyone?)

I also prefer the Riptide totem for when I'm doing tankhealing exclusively. I also throw out my Chainheal glyph when I know we're heading for Halion because I don't chainheal there anymore after P1 - and I actually do dmg in P1 because there's only a bit of damage incoming when elementals spawn, but other than that... anyway.

The 245 relic will get you far, and it's a proc less to keep up - which should happen automatically with the Riptide relic, but still... When you know you'll be using chainheal often, it's just the more convenient approach.

Usually, you delay grabbing the 264 relic until you've snatched up your T10 pieces because it really doesn't make much of a difference in most encounters, and even in those where it does make a difference, it's not that much of a big deal that it would cause a wipe. Well, at least not usually. Vallithria springs to mind but... nah.. surely that wouldn't be the only reason for the wipe.

Everything that I have read has always stated that you go Helm/Shoulders/Chest/Legs for your 4 set and get the gloves off Festergut HM. You can check out my Resto gear on wow-heroes.com because I am currently in my Offspec gear. But.. yeah.. In my eyes if you purchased your gloves with badges you wasted..badges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrednaught View Post
    Everything that I have read has always stated that you go Helm/Shoulders/Chest/Legs for your 4 set and get the gloves off Festergut HM. You can check out my Resto gear on wow-heroes.com because I am currently in my Offspec gear. But.. yeah.. In my eyes if you purchased your gloves with badges you wasted..badges.
    What you're saying is correct when you're referring to itemlevel 277 items. For someone who is just building their resto set and will probably not even see a heroic token drop for quite some time let alone be able to snatch it (those things are bloody hard to come by, I tell ya), the 264 itemlevel is the maximum they can realistically calculate with.

And when we're speaking 264, getting crafted pants or the pants from Putricide10-heroic (I think that's them) and T10 gloves is the optimum, and you'll be wearing it for a very long time - until you can grab the token for pants (which would be your FOURTH as you should always upgrade the 3 better items in the set first) and the Festergut-hc gloves. I picked up my token for the pants last week (sic!). We get about 70% Vanquisher -.-
    Last edited by Seriss; 2010-09-15 at 10:44 AM.

Gotcha - We run...1 Warrior Tank - 1 Resto Shaman - 2 Hunters. The Warrior tank has his 2 piece 277 tier and he doesnt want anymore lol.. So its juts cycling marks between me and the hunters. Or possibly just 1 hunter one of the hunters might only need 1 more piece or is done. But last night.. Saurfang/Blood Queen/Putricide all dropped Protector..i nearly shit myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotcha - We run...1 Warrior Tank - 1 Resto Shaman - 2 Hunters. The Warrior tank has his 2 piece 277 tier and he doesnt want anymore lol.. So its juts cycling marks between me and the hunters. Or possibly just 1 hunter one of the hunters might only need 1 more piece or is done. But last night.. Saurfang/Blood Queen/Putricide all dropped Protector..i nearly shit myself
    That's so not fair. *kick* :P

We've got 3 Restos, 1 Ele, 2 Enhance, some 4 Hunters, 3 or 4 Warriors... fun ^^

But we're getting there. Vanquisher classes already have 2 offspec-sets while we're completing our first. 3 months ago, when I and my friends were still trials in the raid, the druid already got a full set of heroic tokens because nobody needed them anymore. O_O

Conqueror classes have it worst. It's like in 10 drops we get like 1 Conqueror, 2 Protector and 7 Vanquisher. I kid you not.

That is pretty shitty luck on those drops

I am the ONLY shaman in the raid with 2 Hunters max so I mean im sure you could already understand my enhancement offspec lol. My enhancement offspec set is 6300 GS and my main spec resto is 6288 lol But with how difficult enhancement rotations are with that much gear i can faceroll 10k-13k DPS.

Question have you tried Solo healing LK 10? I've been thinking about trying to solo heal LK 10 maybe recording it or something, so far from our practice runs with me solo healing I've done 66%-79% of the healing done with our holy priest with the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty shitty luck on those drops

I am the ONLY shaman in the raid with 2 Hunters max so I mean im sure you could already understand my enhancement offspec lol. My enhancement offspec set is 6300 GS and my main spec resto is 6288 lol But with how difficult enhancement rotations are with that much gear i can faceroll 10k-13k DPS.

Question have you tried Solo healing LK 10? I've been thinking about trying to solo heal LK 10 maybe recording it or something, so far from our practice runs with me solo healing I've done 66%-79% of the healing done with our holy priest with the rest.
    I haven't seen LK10 in ages with this character. Only downed him once on heroic mode for the achiev. I don't need the loot, I don't need the badges. So I'll rather dabble around with my lesser geared noobishly-played alts ^^

But a looong time ago (think some 5 or 6 months ago), I dual-healed normal mode with a druid. The usual approach were 3 healers for safety reasons and because one spot was for a disc priest. But on that day, it was just the two of us. We got pretty lucky that I was drawn into Frostmourne very close to the end or it would've been a wipe.

I'd say by now it should be doable, solo-healing LK10 in normal mode (30% buff <3), but your raid is screwed if Frostmourne decides to be a bitch and pulls you into the room. And everyone should take special care to not cause any extra healing to be required.

PS: Last night's heroic tokens: 1 Conqueror, 1 Protector, 2 Vanquisher. And I bet that tonight, LK will drop yet another Vanquisher (but it would really be really really great if it was another Conqueror. We had to leave LK for today because we won't play that encounter without ANY warlock present. All of them were otherwise occupied. Leaving aside the buffs, it's just awfully convenient when a valkyr grabs a WL ^^)
    Last edited by Seriss; 2010-09-16 at 01:06 PM.

Dont say you dont need badges, they will convert into justice points(i think it was :P)

Yeah I run it for Badges. And help peeps get their drakes. Right now if we do any 'regular' modes I usually take in my Disc priest I love healing haha

80 Resto/Enhance Shaman
    80 Disc/Shadow Priest
    80 Holy/Ret Paladin
    54 Resto/Feral Druid

80 Prot/Fury Warrior
    80 Tank Death Knight

80 Rogue
    75 Hunter
    30 Lock

My eventual plan is to have 1 of every healing class and 1 of every tanking class and then DPS offspecs or DPS here and there.