Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire over Arcane

Pretty genetic question. Gear/stats and all that aside which encounters in ICC benefit the most as Fireball over Arcane?

some of the boss's are better as arcane and some are better as fire, the top end pro mages switch back and forth between the 2 and there gear setups depending on the boss. With the cheesey 30% buff now tiny little bits here and there dont really matter, the dps could drool on themselves and watch tv and still beat the enrage timer. So you can be successful easily with both and pull good numbers, pick the one you enjoy the most.

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 11:26 AM ----------

Oh BTW you will want a fire specc atleast just for the AOE trash, just to show the other class's who the REAL KING OF AOE is again. Living bombs them spamming the hell out of instant flamestrike that blast wave and stack intense ignites super fast is unstoppable.

To be honest fire is better in almost all circumstances with high gear now.
    The only time you'll be arcane is when you want to slow something or need an instant cast spell.

And mages can't possibly beat DKs for AOE king. Pestilence ):

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    To be honest fire is better in almost all circumstances with high gear now.
    The only time you'll be arcane is when you want to slow something or need an instant cast spell.

And mages can't possibly beat DKs for AOE king. Pestilence ):
    It totally depends on the circumstances. A warlock is statically really powerful on AoE. On a short aoe fight, balance druids are unbeatable with their starfall. On a long fight, mages can be very competitive on aoe because it allows LB to explode. DKs are never the "AOE king".

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    It totally depends on the circumstances. A warlock is statically really powerful on AoE. On a short aoe fight, balance druids are unbeatable with their starfall. On a long fight, mages can be very competitive on aoe because it allows LB to explode. DKs are never the "AOE king".
    You clearly dont play with any good deathknights, in my guilds raids we are always pushing top spot, that said, we do tend to pull 3 packs at a time so that kind of works in our favour with pestilence and wandering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    You clearly dont play with any good deathknights, in my guilds raids we are always pushing top spot, that said, we do tend to pull 3 packs at a time so that kind of works in our favour with pestilence and wandering.
    Name one fight where you pull adds that don't die in seconds equal in number with three trash packs, or around 15-20 mobs. What your DKs do on 20 mobs on trash is completely uninteresting, because they will never get to use that power for something that matters.

Unholy is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Name one fight where you pull adds that don't die in seconds equal in number with three trash packs, or around 15-20 mobs. What your DKs do on 20 mobs on trash is completely uninteresting, because they will never get to use that power for something that matters.
    Well we were talking about trash, so I don't know what you're talking about if not 20 mobs on trash.

Deleted
    You guys really know how to discuss topics that have nothing to do with the thread's headline.
    ..And btw, fire mages easily bomb the poop out of any DK, I mean whatta?!

(DK)'Oooh, I'm so sick, these deseases really do harm me, uh-uh-ah, I guess I'll go home and try to regenerate, see you tomorrow guys'
    (MAGE)(KABOOM, BANG, SPLATTER!!!) 'Ghaaaaaaaaarrrr, it burrrrrrns, I CAN SEE MY OWN FLESH DISSOLVING, why would you do this?'
    'UAAAH IT BURNS EVEN MOAR, I LOOK LIKE THE GUY FROM UNTRACEABLE, THESE MAGES REALLY HAVE SOME KICKASS AOE, UARGH AH..'*dies*

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Well we were talking about trash, so I don't know what you're talking about if not 20 mobs on trash.
    DK's win on trash aoe because most of their aoe isn't affected by the aoe target cap due to the fact that it isn't actually aoe. On a trash pull with exactly 10 mobs, I doubt you would come out on top if everybody actually cared about the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    DK's win on trash aoe because most of their aoe isn't affected by the aoe target cap due to the fact that it isn't actually aoe. On a trash pull with exactly 10 mobs, I doubt you would come out on top if everybody actually cared about the pull.
    Yes I know, that's why I said DKs would always win when fighting trash.
    Then some person who couldn't be bothered to check that we were talking about trash started talking about something that wasn't trash and completely irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found in regular 10 man with 251 gear arcane is better on nearly every fight. I didn't find one it wasn't.

Deleted
    I've been playing Fire since the 30% buff, mainly because I was sick of playing Arcane throughout ToTC + TotGC.

If you've got the gear to play either, play whatever suits you best or the one you like most. At the end of the day, any DPS difference is minimal or RNG will just fuck you over either way anyway. This is ofcourse based on not being a hardcore guild, then again you shouldn't be asking this question if you were in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    I've found in regular 10 man with 251 gear arcane is better on nearly every fight. I didn't find one it wasn't.
    that is because you have lower gear. get some 264/277 and fire will become better

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    Just going to put this out there...you probably weren't hit capped for fire in your gear.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    You clearly don't play with any good non-DK's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fat tony View Post
    you guys really know how to discuss topics that have nothing to do with the thread's headline.
    ..and btw, fire mages easily bomb the poop out of any dk, i mean whatta?!

(dk)'oooh, i'm so sick, these deseases really do harm me, uh-uh-ah, i guess i'll go home and try to regenerate, see you tomorrow guys'
    (mage)(kaboom, bang, splatter!!!) 'ghaaaaaaaaarrrr, it burrrrrrns, i can see my own flesh dissolving, why would you do this?'
    'uaaah it burns even moar, i look like the guy from untraceable, these mages really have some kickass aoe, uargh ah..'*dies*
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Just going to put this out there...you probably weren't hit capped for fire in your gear.
    you know i have tons of fire mages saying they cant dps very well and this is the #1 problem with most of them. guess people just forget they had hit talents as Arcane