Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Seed View Post
    And mind you, when I say this, I'm a causal player and not by any means in to theory craft or numbers.

I find myself doing the same for multi as I would solo. I personally don't find myself doing varying strategies, I usually can keep threat fairly easily with out having to resort to Hand of Reckoning, which I only really use to pull a mob off someone else.

The way I open and go about it is:
    Avenger's Shield > Hammer of The Righteous > Judgment > Consercation > Shield of the Righteous > Hammer of the Righteous(After Cooldown), Shield of the Righteous > Judgment > etc

I think the real trick to any rotation is the constant use of Hammer of the Righteous, followed up by Shield of the Righteous right afterwards. I think the trick is to simply hope for Judgment and Avenger's Shield to come off cool down as often as possible, or Grand Crusader to proc, just to try to space out/fill in the cool down of Hammer of the Righteous. It hasn't been often, but there have been some chances were I get two Holy Power Charges and can use Shield of the Righteous to greater effect. I think a benefit to this might be if Crusader's Strike was off of Hammer of the Righteous's cool down, you might be able to use Shield of the Righteous with greater effect, but as it stands, I can rarely get up to three Holy Power charges without holding on Shield of the Righteous and simply waiting for something else to come off cool down.
    ShoR with 3 HP does ALOT more damages than 3 ShoR with 1 HP. you're waisting GCD

Quote Originally Posted by Cema View Post
    There's no point speaking about "rotation" here. There is no more "rotation" like 69696969 ... You can try whatever combo you want you won't find a proper "rotation" in the current beta

multi

Inquisition with 3 holypower > HoR > Avenger shield > Holy wrath > Consecrate > judgement

It will be something very very close. If you already play a dps class like hunter you will have no problem with this new playstyle

ps : BTW there is no point in using Inquisition with less than 3 holypower. You're wasting a GCD here
    Isn't Inquisition a lvl 81 ability?
    "Peace is a lie"

yes it is so we won't have it until we can level.

Maintankadin says 'sup

You can see that there are still a few holes, some of which might be filled by AS procs. But it's a lot less rhythmic than 969 - you do get a three-quarter time beat from CS, but the two GCDs between consecutive Crusader Strikes is a little weird.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian View Post
    Why isn't Consecration on that breakdown? Is the assumption that the talent for it isn't worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian View Post
    our Prot discussion sticky at the top said 'Sup way beofre with that info.

it still doesnt work cus a GC proc will throw your rotation off, which is why it comes back to prioritizing skills.

and Aikouka that rotation is for single target where we won't use Consecrate.

omg omg

It was so hard to guess by yourself that in a monotarget situation we would be using crusader strike every 4.5 seconds and that there would be 2 gcd to fill betwenn CS.

omg omg soooo hard my brain melt. Did you really had to go to maintankadin to know that?

Moreover the image you posted is made by Theck. First he didn't mean that we would not use consecrate in monotarget situation he just didn't put it in the graph. If you have an empty gcd with no other spell ready you should use consecrate, don't be a morron. Secondly Thecks picture doesn't reflect completely what your threat "rotation" will look like because he wasn't able to put the AS procs in it and it's quite logic, RNG is not predictable

So is there any indication that we will get any type of filler or reduced GCD? I am trying to decide on my prot pally or Prot warrior for Cata. I have been messing on PTR and not wild about our changes and am having trouble getting used to tanking with nothing to do at times. The warrior feels a bit better at this time.

Right now I have only been on the target dummy, so this weekend I will run randoms with both and see. It just feels strange having downtime. At least the warrior has decimate which can proc Sword and Board, so I feel like I am doing something
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see some sort of filler added for those dead spots to produce extra threat, but one could also consider things like Divine Guardian or Hand spells to fill those gaps. Don't have a damage ability to use? Fill the GCD with a Hand of Sacrifice or Hand of Salv. Spells that seemed unattractive to cast before due to filling a GCD now might have a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Manstallion View Post
    Fill the GCD with a Hand of Sacrifice or Hand of Salv. Spells that seemed unattractive to cast before due to filling a GCD now might have a spot.
    Nonsense...... the problem with those abilities is certainly not, that you're missing GCDs atm.