Poll: Best casting animation?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Favorite casting animation?

What's your favorite *Alliance* casting animation? Right now I'm a male gnome, and aside from my awful wow-forum avatar I really don't like it all that much. I was going to pick a race to change to based on racials (where I would go human) but I thought I would stay much more interested if the animation was cool. Casting is my primary concern, but any other thoughts on other animations (running, jumping, dance etc) are fair game.

So what do you think?

Humans are fugly (imho) though I play horde so no concern for me :P

Fem gnome, Male undead is best overall.

Deleted
    Although I am a tauren I always loved the orc casting one. It was so... "Ima Chargin' mah lazor!!!"
    also, I have not played many alliance races so I had to say a horde :P

Deleted
    Human males cast pretty "realistically", I like it. But Draenei males still win :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me put it this way: all of the current female alliance mage casting animations are the tits. If you roll any female you will do fine...unless you roll female NE when cata launches...
    BfA Beta Time

human females casting animation is awful....why do they have their hands so far away from eachother? makes more sense having them somewhat close to build up the energy between them before throwing it out on someones face

lol, good thinking not including night elves in there, particularly the men and their "broken-nose" syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    human females casting animation is awful....why do they have their hands so far away from eachother? makes more sense having them somewhat close to build up the energy between them before throwing it out on someones face
    Imagine it like the back hand is charging the spell and the one in front guides it.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Imagine it like the back hand is charging the spell and the one in front guides it.
    That is how imagine my character is casting, definitely the best alliance casting animation I think, I still keep a few stacks of Noggenfogger in my bags though : P

Deleted
    hell, where are the trolls

Deleted
    The fact that gnomes are winning makes me mad... I am not saying that I think their casting animation sucks, but more that I like gnomes where they belong, under my hoof

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Human males cast pretty "realistically", I like it. But Draenei males still win :P
    Voted human male for this. At first I thought it looked "boring" compared to the others and nearly rerolled my mage, but after playing for a while on a blood elf I became tired of the crazy arm weaving.

Having just gotten the Time-Lost Figurine trinket recently, I can confirm that it is in fact Arakkoa who have the best casting animations. Alliance? No idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun View Post
    hell, where are the trolls
    On the horde side.

I only like Worgen. The rest suck (I play both sides currently).
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Deleted
    Female dorf in Cata Ponytail whirlwind ftw

Deleted
    Human male. No competition.Poll reflects this. Good job voters

Undead i think have the best overall casting. I like belf females as well just for healing. No idea in the allie poll, only one i really ever see is gnome or human male with deviate and pygmy and i think gnome female is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyhello View Post
    What's your favorite *Alliance* casting animation? Right now I'm a male gnome, and aside from my awful wow-forum avatar I really don't like it all that much. I was going to pick a race to change to based on racials (where I would go human) but I thought I would stay much more interested if the animation was cool. Casting is my primary concern, but any other thoughts on other animations (running, jumping, dance etc) are fair game.

So what do you think?
    I thought female and male gnomes had the same casting animations.

That aside, Female dwarves have great directional and omni casting animations! (Wavy hair = awesome)

Dwarf Females for the win!