Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

ZG Returning as a raid!

So, I did a search and found no such previous topic. I noticed this on the flavor text of one of the BoA Weapons.

Zin'Rokh According to your research, this great weapon was one of the many treasures of Hakkar the Soulflayer in Zul'Gurub. Hakkar was defeated years ago and this sword passed through the hands of many powerful warriors and paladins before apparently becoming sundered. It is remarkable that you have been able to reforge it, but also a little troubling that if the Destroyer of Worlds has returned, perhaps the Soulflayer is not far behind.
    perhaps the Soulflayer is not far behind
    So, chances are(this in addition to the fact that AQ is returning) ZG will definitely be back, which is awesome!

Deleted
    Zg will be removed as a Raid instance.

Better hope not, I'm already sick of all these reused bosses/raisd. The only raid worth bringing back again is Karazhan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji View Post
    Better hope not, I'm already sick of all these reused bosses/raisd. The only raid worth bringing back again is Karazhan.
    amen to that

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

ZG is not back, the sword is reforged through Archeology.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Deleted
    Karazhan was just about as boring as Naxxramas after you ran it for the 20th time. No thanks to that as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    ZG will definitely be back, which is awesome!
    I dunno how you got that from,
    'perhaps the Soulflayer is not far behind '
    they've not long announced it is being removed, doubt they'd bring it back before its even taken out..
    Just because hakkar might make a cameo appearance in some questline / dungeon, doesn't mean they will make ZG into a raid again.

So, chances are(this in addition to the fact that AQ is returning) ZG will definitely be back, which is awesome!
    AQ was never removed. They are retuning The Ruins of Ahn Qiraji (Aka AQ 20) to be a 10 man raid dungeon. Like Upper Blackrock Spire is, or old Scholomance and Stratholme were.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji View Post
    i agree, so so much!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    ZG will definitely be back, which is awesome!
    Nope. Already confirmed by blizz that it's gone as a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    ZG is not back, the sword is reforged through Archeology.
    ^this, it's a rare archeology drop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    AQ was never removed. They are retuning The Ruins of Ahn Qiraji (Aka AQ 20) to be a 10 man raid dungeon. Like Upper Blackrock Spire is, or old Scholomance and Stratholme were.
    Feast your eyes upon this ----> http://cata.wowhead.com/zone=5288

Actually, you reforge the soulflayer through Archeology. And he eats you. Then inside you find the tiger and raptor mount, but you are eaten, so it doesn't matter.
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

wonder whats gonna happen to the existing swords that people have from ZG... doubt it will just update into this new one... would be cool tho lol...

I wouldn't mind a new Troll raid, ZG and ZA are among my favorite raids.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a more recent statement Blizz said they're "removing ZG as a lvl 60 raid".

That could mean it's completely gone to make space for the uninstanced questing area, but why add the "lvl 60" if it won't come back retuned? While I would be reliefed if they don't take ZG out completely, I think they're kinda going overboard with the reuse of old content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkagial View Post
    wonder whats gonna happen to the existing swords that people have from ZG... doubt it will just update into this new one... would be cool tho lol...
    They'll most likely remain like they are now, like other items which are no longer obtainable but used to be previously.

Doubt ZG will make a return after blizzard went through and removed it entirely. The item description on the sword could be either something to mess with the players' minds or hinting at a future cameo. Hakkar is speculated to be the offspring of an old god so we might see him in some shape or form later on with so much old god storyline in Twilight Highlands, Deathwing having an "it's complicated" relationship wth them, and all of the tentacles sprouting all over Azeroth.

umm i wouldn't say its ZG returning at all man. all it says is that HAKKAR might be returning, which will probably result in a completely new and different level 85(IF in cata) raid and/or quest-line.

No, it's not returning as a raid. Zin'Rokh is dug up with archeology. You read the lore behind the weapon, there's no reason for ZG to make a return when they've obviously progressed the story of Zin'Rokh beyond ZG's existence. ZG is gone. Sorry. Kaput. Poof. Outta here. At least, in raid form.