Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Nope. Already confirmed by blizz that it's gone as a raid.
    Exactly. AS A RAID, not "ZG is being removed". So they're doing SOMEthing with it, it just won't be a raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    *spoiler*

ZG will be open quest area - included in this area is a quest involving the resurrection of Hakkar

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    L2read News Posts - ZG is being removed as a raid it was in one of the blue posts.
    Insert Signiture here.

Deleted
    I still dont have teh ZG mounts... i hope i get them before cata

I really enjoy the idiots (Faerillis and Spartanoble) who didn't even bother to read my post.
    That being said, I made a mistake, what I should have said was yes, only perhaps Hakkar would be returning and not so much ZG.
    Who knows what will happen, time will tell. I'm hearing alot of other people say ZG will become a quest zone though.

p.s. when I said AQ was also returning, I meant from being obsolete. Not from being deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    amen to that
    We're still missing the inverted tower. I'd really like some upside down action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnerd View Post
    Karazhan was just about as boring as Naxxramas after you ran it for the 20th time. No thanks to that as well.
    /agree

---------- Post added 2010-09-15 at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    I really enjoy the idiots (Faerillis and Spartanoble) who didn't even bother to read my post.
    That being said, I made a mistake, what I should have said was yes, only perhaps Hakkar would be returning and not so much ZG.
    Who knows what will happen, time will tell. I'm hearing alot of other people say ZG will become a quest zone though.

p.s. when I said AQ was also returning, I meant from being obsolete. Not from being deleted.
    theres already quests that lead into ZG and ZG not having the instanced portal anymore... the quest has you stop the ressurection of the bosses we killed there sum 4 years ago from vanilla "ZG raid bosses"
    MY BETA INVITE IS OVER 9,000!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they came up with another ZG/ZA raid. I have to admit I liked them. Up there with Karazhan for me
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by j46ebucemag View Post
    Personally, I think bringing back any raid instance is kinda stupid. We're paying for new stuff, not something that's been created already and just needs a few minor aesthetic and mechanic changes (unless it's MAJORLY different).
    The thing is though, they aren't being paid by the item, they are being paid by the month. If they were to remake ZG in the way they did Onyxia (and I'm not saying they will, I don't really think it's gonna happen in the foreseeable future), that's a pretty quick thing to do: they don't have to make new art, new textures, new skills, new bosses... 2/3 of the work is done, they'd have to tune the numbers pretty much. My point is, it doesn't cut that much time that would be used on something else, especially if we are talking about developing new content. The time spent is insignificant in comparison, and is time from different departments (I.E.: the art department could very well model those new bosses for instance X while the programmers tune those ZG numbers).

I like people saying "The only raid worth bringing back is Karazhan!".

You know people also said "The only raid worth bringing back is Naxxramas!"

And they BUTCHERED that dungeon and removed almost everything that made it great.

Yes. It's not because you loved a dungeon that it should come back later. It's more interesting to see what was pleasant in the dungeon and make a new one using the mechanics that worked for the previous one.

If ZG is gonna be a non-instanced quest area, is there any word on a way to get the tiger and raptor mounts? And what's the deal with zandalar or whatever rep?

If it's on another thread somewhere, just the knowledge that I can find it if I look will suffice.

I wouldn't doubt Hakkar returning in some form, but as for the same instance like they did with Naxx, I highly doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that Blizz doesn't make it a lvl 85 raid cos' ZG is boring (IMO)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    So, chances are(this in addition to the fact that AQ is returning) ZG will definitely be back, which is awesome!
    No one has said anything according to this one. 95% chance it's not actually coming back. Changing it to 10man doesn't say anything about it coming back. Since it should have 25man then too. Also with all the new itemization coming in Cata I wouldn't be surprised if the gear and talents would just be good enough for 10 people to run it at lvl 60. To me, that would be the most probable reason for it to be changed to 10 man.

Karazhan was just about as boring as Naxxramas after you ran it for the 20th time. No thanks to that as well.
    But then again, I never got bored of Karazhan. It still is the best raid I've done (and also the one I've done the most). I've heard someone mentioned "opinion" in some of these. Not sure if it still works. Also Karazhan didn't get that boring since getting best T4 gear didn't mean that Kara became so easy that you can go without thinking. Now current content becomes pretty easy for people in the best gear.

edit: Also the best thing they could do with ZG is make it a simple 5-player dungeon. Not that I like troll-instances but still, some people do like them...

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I like people saying "The only raid worth bringing back is Karazhan!".

You know people also said "The only raid worth bringing back is Naxxramas!"

And they BUTCHERED that dungeon and removed almost everything that made it great.
    Only thing they removed from Naxx was the fact that it was extremely hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Only thing they removed from Naxx was the fact that it was extremely hard.
    Well and Kel'Thuzad's voice being replaced.

But the fun of the dungeon was in its challenge. Those were enjoyable fights because of how intense they were.

I think Karazhan could be expanded though. In the lore there's an entire 'dark' replica of Karazhan that goes as far underground as the tower goes up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji View Post
    Better hope not, I'm already sick of all these reused bosses/raisd. The only raid worth bringing back again is Karazhan.
    Only 2 raids were ever re used.

Naxx, which was not seen by enough people at 60 to even worry about it returning(since it still ranks as one of the best raids blizzard ever made) and Ony, which was a single boss from a raid a few people did as thier first.

AQ isn't returning as a "new" raid, all that is happening with AQ20 is that it is going to be a 10 man instead.

Now shush

The longer I play WoW, the more I believe that Blizzard really don't understand the concept of 'doing something over and over makes it more and more boring'

You ran it with boring people then. I had a blast every single time I ran it.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.