Post Enhacement cata tree suggestions

After the build 12942, it's still issues and problems with enhancement shaman.

- Mana problem
    - talents tree is too onerous, actually we have a monotarget build, a multitarget build and a weak PvP build.
    - Issues with the Searing Flames - LL system (with Fire Nova per exemple).
    - Flametongue Weapon is now better than FB Weapon for PvP.
    - Enhancement has to got magic penetration for PvP. It'es boring for a melee, ret paladin doesn't.
    - We are too dependant to our spirit wolves.

So i created this talent tree :
    http://www.war-tools.com/t70645.html

Talents changed :
    - EW : FT and EL weapons scalle now more with gear. I added FB weapon.
    - Expertise add to Focused Strike instead of UR.
    - Static Shock now 2 point and 100% proc chance. In beta and live the talent is too expensive for a little increasing dps.
    - Spiritual Champion, is a Selfless Healer retladin like, but I imagine that before Blizzard ^^ (see my ancient version).
    - Icy Rip is now our iconic AoE ability. Ice damage because it is lack of ice damage for shaman, master of all elements.
    - Earthen Power renamed to Earthmother Power.
    - Totemic Warrior = Toughness and Totemic Vigor
    - UR now 1 point like Trueshot Aura, and i also add a buff for Earth Shock wich must be our main Shock.
    - Lava Lash back to the tree, SS is now our lvl 10 learned ability, because it's our true iconic ability.
    - Thermal Instability is our Frozen Power talent wich now responds to the issue with Fire Nova and the Lava Lash system. I expect that Icy Rip Fire Nova damage is lower that the buffed Lava Lash in monotarget. I added an effect to also responds to the FT>FB issue and to te magic penetration issue. This is so a AoE and PvP talent, not mandatory for most of boss encounters.
    - ED combined with Convection because Elemental shams dont want it in much cases.
    - The Searing Flames LL system cost in beta 5 points, it'es madness. Now it's cost just 2 points and the dot isn't consumed longer and is also generated by our fire elemental. I don't want LL refresh FS because it doesn't to be our main shock and LvB isn't longer in our rotation.
    - Feral Spirit, duration and CD reduced per 3. So we have sprint each minutes and we depend a little less of it.

Little changes in Elemental and Resto trees.

Non-mandatories talents : Totemic Warrior, Thermal Instability, Spiritual Champion, Earthmother Power, Call of Flames, Totemic Focus, Spark of Life.

Changing in spell and ability :
    - Primal Widsom buffed, i add the ancient Improved Stormstrike which now is also applied to other strike. UE is also now a judgement like so the sham can get mana with a distance spell.
    - UE FT now affect our Lava Lash and the duration of the fire buff is increased to be more emphasis with LL.
    - UE FB now increases our next Frost Shock, Icy Rip or FB Weapon damage by 20%. We have too much snare ...
    - Searing flames just active in combat and attacks juste the target we are attacking.

Our main spell :
    SS, LL, LB, ES, UE. (and searing totem)
    Multitarget : CL instead of LB, IR instead of LL , FN. (and magma totem)
    FT Weapon is for monotarget, and FB Weapon is for multitarget and PvP. We must change our imbue during fight to switch monotarget to multitarget and vice versa so they seem more actives. Macros will help for this.

Thx for comments !

It's getting beyond retarded now. The amount of ideas the devs have at their disposal is getting ridiculous. It really is nice to see the shamans putting suggestions and ideas out there, it's just a shame none of this will ever see the light of day.

And then you get people flaming us for qq'ing. Well this is why, time after time, after time are shamans putting stuff out there and NOTHING gets done about it. It should be damn obvious by now we are not happy with the way things are looking so why not change it, they have an abundance of material from the shaman community to choose from...

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Convection should simply be in Elemental 1st Tier as a 2 pointer, with no extra benefits other than reducing Shock/Shear cooldown.

Please be mindful that Frostbrand Weapon has uses besides the damage, so it's really not a damage issue going on.

Talents benefitting FB, FT or WF should be more about duality - fire+frost, earth+wind - somewhat removing the "multitarget vs single target vs pvp" spec mentality.

Enhancement (and Retribution) tree need to thin down and give more points to the player to spend on the promised "fun talents" - as in non-mandatory.
    I expect to have at least 6 points to spend on whatever I want without any compulsion, on any spec of any class.

Here are a few more ideas of mine:
    1 - I think Feral Spirit should have no limited duration, but drain a % of your base mana every 5 sec.
    This would give Shamans a mana concern to manage during combat.
    1a - Spirit Walk should teleport the shaman to the location of the wolves & provide an undispellable ~3 sec speed boost & snare immunity.

2 - Static Shock should have higher proc chance indeed, and also affect Water Shield, providing you a choice between extra dps and extra mana regen during combat, almost like Aspect of the Hawk vs Aspect of the Viper.

3 - Molten Boulder - from Diablo 2 Druids Elemental tree - Instant. 15 sec cd. 5 sec duration. Shares cd with Frozen Spire. Spew forth a huge boulder of lava, that would slowly roll forward - no target, just a direction - pulsing damage, knockback & 3 sec daze every second to nearby targets, and exploding in the end.
    This would get Melees on their toes, without actually Snaring or stopping them. Just encourages them to stay out of your way.

4 - Frozen Spire - Instant. 40 yds range. 15 sec cd. 5 sec duration. Shares cd with Molten Boulder. Slowly form a Frozen Spire beneath the initial location of the target, pulsing frost damage & 20% speed reduction for 3 sec every second to all enemies within 8 yds. This effect stacks up to 5 times. When it reaches 5 stacks on anyone, it shatters after the 3 sec dealing twice the stacked damage amount.
    This ability keeps ranged on their toes instead, without actually immobilizing or CCing.

5 - Drums of the Earth - Instant. 30 sec cd. Allows your next totem, Call of Elements, Call of Spirits or Call of Ancestors spell to target an area within 30 yds, spawning the totem(s) in that location.

6 - I think there should be less totems.
    The totems would only be the "buff totems" - Strength of Earth, Windfury, Wrath of Air, Flametongue, Resistance, etc.
    Totems would no longer have a duration, but disappear once you die, move more than X yds away (like a hunter/lock pet does), logout, or cast new ones.

All other types of totems would be converted into "Spirit" spells, that would work as a buff on the respective element totem.
    Each of your totems could only be affected by 1 Spirit at a time.
    Spirit spells would automatically affect the respective totem - just like Fire Nova.
    Fire Nova is not a Spirit Spell and does not affect them.

Earth:
    - Earthbind Spirit - causes active earth totem to pulse the slowing effect for X sec. 15 sec cd.
    - Stoneclaw Spirit - causes active earth totem to shield all totems for X damage for 15 sec. 30 sec cd.
    - Earth Elemental Spirit - bind an earth elemental spirit to your active earth totem for 2 min. 5 min cd.
    Air:
    - Grounding Spirit - causes active air totem to absorb the next targetted harmful spell directed at a group member within X yards, freeing the spirit. 15 sec cd.
    - Sentry Spirit - causes active air totem to greatly increase stealth detection to all group members within 30 yds for 15 sec. 15 sec cd.
    - Air Elemental Spirit - bind an air elemental spirit to your active air totem for 2 min. 5 min cd.
    Fire:
    - Searing Spirit - causes active fire totem to fire searing bolts every 2 sec at the enemy for 30 sec.
    - Magma Spirit - causes active fire totem to pulse fire damage for 20 sec.
    - Fire Elemental Spirit - bind a fire elemental spirit to your active fire totem for 2 min. 5 min cd.
    Water:
    - Spring Spirit - causes active water totem to grant X health & Y mana every 5 sec to group and raid members within 30 yds for 30 sec.
    - Tide Spirit - causes active water totem to restore X% mana every Y sec to group members within 30 yds. 3 min cd.
    - Cleansing Spirit - causes active water totem to attempt to remove 1 poison and 1 disease effect group members within 30 yds every X sec for 12 sec.
    - Mirror Spirit - causes next harmful spell cast at nearby group members within 30 yds to be reflected back at the caster, freeing the spirit. 30 sec cd.
    - Water Elemental Spirit - bind a water elemental spirit to your active water totem for 2 min. 5 min cd.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2010-09-15 at 12:02 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?