Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eregar the Astral Walker View Post
    Surely there was some form of planning, and again, the music says so. Else the zone might as well share the revamped Winterspring theme IMO.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-of-some-sort
    We're kind of getting off-topic here, and I might as well post an Arathi discussion link before some mod locks this thread.
    Indeed. On topic: The stormpike attack places aren't destroyed, well, they are but not in phasing, so feel free to RP there :P

It really dosen't matter that the alliance loset Hillsbrad Foothills ... you will hear people here brag about how balance the zones are now ( and they are ), but the real problem is this... The Hoard, like it or not is the ATTACKER in this expansion and The Alliance is the old lady defending her farm.

You can look throw all the zone you like, they are balance as in territory, but as in who is winning it is clear that the Hoard is, doesn't matter if they raze undead armies or have a Manhattan Project, they have the upper hand.

You can also see that in the quests: Alliance have quests like : defend this defend that
    Hoard have quests like : bomb that raze him/her plague that and that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Can someone explain to me why it matters? Do you have personal stakes in these zones? Is your character going to be negatively impacted by what faction controls what part of certain zones? I understand feeling a sort of pride for your faction, but understand that it is still a fictional faction. Getting worked up into a frothing rage over the story isn't healthy.

Blizzard already stated that when they created World of Warcraft it was more Alliance focused than Horde focused. Cataclysm helps to bring Azeroth back into line.

Blizzard is in control of their story, it's going to keep twisting and changing so it remains interesting for a majority of the players. They aren't going to cater to the minority of people who scream and cry about things being unfair.
    you know what's more disturbing to me than people getting rallied up over virtual factions in a storyline designed to make people engaged in it?

People who pretend to be psychologists on the internet and pretend that they even have a slightest idea regarding what is and what isn't healthy for your mind.

What people are getting upset over from what i've read and what i think isn't that the horde wins in some zones, sure it's a war, it's gonna go back and forth, it's the fact that the alliance wins nothing, and by win i mean Andorhal style annihilate the enemy, not reach a stalemate. And that the forsaken aren't doing what's logical from a storyline pespective, which is loose troop from defending their holdings and casualties of war, instead, they fight under the shielding glory of their plot armour, which lets them have a serious war on five fronts without loosing anything and just keep going using their über-ass-plague-superweapon-of-death and a few Val'kyr to win every zone without any losses at all.

Honestly, it just pisses you off when the faction you support becomes quest mobs for the faction you hate.
    Last edited by mmocf37e5efb08; 2010-09-16 at 09:24 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marojo60 View Post
    you know what's more disturbing to me than people getting rallied up over virtual factions in a storyline designed to make people engaged in it?

People who pretend to be psychologists on the internet and pretend that they even have a slightest idea regarding what is and what isn't healthy for your mind.

What people are getting upset over from what i've read and what i think isn't that the horde wins in some zones, sure it's a war, it's gonna go back and forth, it's the fact that the alliance wins nothing, and by win i mean Andorhal style annihilate the enemy, not reach a stalemate. And that the forsaken aren't doing what's logical from a storyline pespective, which is loose troop from defending their holdings and casualties of war, instead, they fight under the shielding glory of their plot armour, which lets them have a serious war on five fronts without loosing anything and just keep going using their über-ass-plague-superweapon-of-death and a few Val'kyr to win every zone without any losses at all.

Honestly, it just pisses you off when the faction you support becomes quest mobs for the faction you hate.
    He's right though. People are acting like it's real life here, and overestimating the effect it has on their playing experience. The old world was easily more alliance focused, the fact that Horde have more victories (if it is even a fact) is nothing but an effort in bringing some balance in. If you look at the various lists of areas controlled by faction it turns out basically equal, before Cataclysm the Alliance had a clear majority zonewise.

All I know is I'm getting heartily sick of seeing "MY FACTION ISN'T BADAZZZZZZZZZ!!" all the time. I mourn the day the word "badass" became so overused, it's caught on like a verbal disease.
    "The truth, my goal."

Look the simple fact is that Horde players throughout their entire playing experience will never know defeat...and I mean never. Through all the video (at least the ones I've seen in the entire zones) is that they will either completely win or simply end up in a stalemate, and usually in the stalemate positions its events that happen after the Horde player has left such as in Stonetalon or will do a double phasing such as in Stonard. I don't know why Blizz has set it up this way but that is the flow they are going with and I don't expect it to change; simply put if its a Horde/ Alliance questing area, the best an Alliance can hope for is a stalemate rather than defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    The fact that it ends like that doesn't completely nullify the rest of it. The entire chain was cool, and yeah, you 'lost' a quest hub. but it'll still be there next time you go back.

I suppose next you'll say that the entire epic Worgen starting zone means nothing because they 'lost.'
    I see what you are getting at (And it makes complete sense as well) but I don't think many people will want to continue to play a game in which all they see is their faction loosing. I don't really care which way or another about the topic but if I did I wouldn't want to complete a zone on an alt just to see "oh hey we lost this one too. What do we have left?" It gets old fast especially when you see your "hated enemy" doing better by leaps and bounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen Dragonheart View Post
    Look the simple fact is that Horde players throughout their entire playing experience will never know defeat...and I mean never. Through all the video (at least the ones I've seen in the entire zones) is that they will either completely win or simply end up in a stalemate, and usually in the stalemate positions its events that happen after the Horde player has left such as in Stonetalon or will do a double phasing such as in Stonard. I don't know why Blizz has set it up this way but that is the flow they are going with and I don't expect it to change; simply put if its a Horde/ Alliance questing area, the best an Alliance can hope for is a stalemate rather than defeat.
    You are COMPLETELY right. Look, I love Forsaken quests, but you gotta admit it's retarded already (To everyone), how the hell can they go on? I, for once, hope we own the Horde in Arathi, Andorhal style. And NO, we didn't get ONE absolute victory in Eastern Kingdoms, against the Horde. So I hope Blizz sees that, after all the absolute Horde victories only happen in EK, so why not do that for us too? (Well, they happen in both continents, but I'm talking about contested area victories, like WPL).

EDIT: Also, how does Northern Barrens go? To be honest I noticed something. In Horde side the best zones are Forsaken/Goblin. And Alliance side it's Human/Night elf. Fun fact? Those are the most played races of each faction (BE's are the most played race of the Horde but they go with Forsaken). Seems the most popular races of each faction got the best zones. Although I wanted to know about Northern Barrens, I understood it's like Duskwood, awesome but pales in comparison against Silverpine/Redridge.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-09-17 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    You are COMPLETELY right. Look, I love Forsaken quests, but you gotta admit it's retarded already (To everyone), how the hell can they go on? I, for once, hope we own the Horde in Arathi, Andorhal style. And NO, we didn't get ONE absolute victory in Eastern Kingdoms, against the Horde. So I hope Blizz sees that, after all the absolute Horde victories only happen in EK, so why not do that for us too? (Well, they happen in both continents, but I'm talking about contested area victories, like WPL).

EDIT: Also, how does Northern Barrens go? To be honest I noticed something. In Horde side the best zones are Forsaken/Goblin. And Alliance side it's Human/Night elf. Fun fact? Those are the most played races of each faction (BE's are the most played race of the Horde but they go with Forsaken). Seems the most popular races of each faction got the best zones. Although I wanted to know about Northern Barrens, I understood it's like Duskwood, awesome but pales in comparison against Silverpine/Redridge.
    Indeed... the most played races have better intial zones so far

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeierLink View Post
    Indeed... the most played races have better intial zones so far
    Yes, I noticed that checking WoWCensus/Forums :P But it's just what they'd do. Fine by me, although I still hope Arathi gets revamped soon.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Horde have 5 flight paths to hillsbrad, alliance have one at least? ;(
    And how about Alterac? Still with ogres? -__- Thats lame...
    Alterac can have a great storyline

Quote Originally Posted by acenthehole View Post
    Fucking annoying that the horde win against everything at the moment and so many good zones are destroyed by them and where the hell are the alliance videos or are there none at the moment.
    *laughs at your sig*

The reason is this. Horde > Alliance

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

You had a good point...

... And then lost it all by making it obvious that you're a huge Alliance fanboi.

Everything that is happening makes sense lore-wise AND gameplay-wise. Say what you will about Sylvanas going off her rocker and the Forsaken being completley unethical, but they do not have "plot armor" except to Alliance that just want to QQ that they look like Scourge 2.0. "Contested" areas close to Alliance capitals remain dominated by Alliance, while some of the oddball ones close to Horde capitals (Hillsbrad) are now Horde dominated like they should be. This is IN ADDITION to balancing out the zone totals.

And like you pointed out in the first place, there is nothing wrong with some RPing and supporting your side in a CONFLICTED WORLD with controversial elements created by Blizzard to get people more engaged. But I can't stand the people on EITHER side who have no concept other than: LOK'TAR SMASH RAWRRR alliance r all kids and suck. Or: BLIZZ LOVES HORDE ZOMG, Ally gets nuthing EVARR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Can someone explain to me why it matters? Do you have personal stakes in these zones? Is your character going to be negatively impacted by what faction controls what part of certain zones? I understand feeling a sort of pride for your faction, but understand that it is still a fictional faction. Getting worked up into a frothing rage over the story isn't healthy.
    Because it simply not fun to do quest in a zone, and at the end you lose. Then go to the next zone quest there, and your base gets burned down, then go to the next and lose too. I want to enjoy leveling in cataclysm and if all I gonna see is lose here and lose there it's simply not fun anymore. If horde wins in a zone that is not contested (e.g. no alliance quests there), I don't care about. But if you have to quest in a contested zone where both sides have quests, and you lose all the time despite what you do as a player, thats bad. In zones where alliance supposed to win (Swamp of Sorrows, Southern Barrens), after the quests everything remains the same, or Horde nukes the biggest Alliance settlement (Bael Modan).

Btw, I did quest in Southsore, a lot of quest sent you to Alterac, but you still got the quest in Southshore.

I dont care who wins the land A, B or C, but i hate to see a neutral quest like Peacebloom vs Ghouls in a major quest hub for Horde, is a lv 60 quest??? or lv20-30?? Why i ask?? if is low level.... how the hell the low level alliance get there alive???!!!!

Is better if they move the quest to a contested place like arathi to improve the zone at least...

QQ :P

sorry for my english.
    Last edited by Poper; 2010-09-22 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTech View Post
    Because it simply not fun to do quest in a zone, and at the end you lose. Then go to the next zone quest there, and your base gets burned down, then go to the next and lose too. I want to enjoy leveling in cataclysm and if all I gonna see is lose here and lose there it's simply not fun anymore. If horde wins in a zone that is not contested (e.g. no alliance quests there), I don't care about. But if you have to quest in a contested zone where both sides have quests, and you lose all the time despite what you do as a player, thats bad. In zones where alliance supposed to win (Swamp of Sorrows, Southern Barrens), after the quests everything remains the same, or Horde nukes the biggest Alliance settlement (Bael Modan).

Btw, I did quest in Southsore, a lot of quest sent you to Alterac, but you still got the quest in Southshore.
    Indeed. Thats my point.
    We will level zone to zone and lose or get kick assed every time, thats not fun -_-
    And where is the Alliance ofensive? Only in the southern barrens?
    Horde is everywhere...
    Lordaeron(a lot of zones there), Ashenvale, Feralas, Azshara, Stonetalon, Gilneas... =/

Its kinda sad to the Alliance perpective....
    Last edited by MeierLink; 2010-09-22 at 03:33 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hurhur the Forsaken have Nukes and Nerve gases. Thats a total win.

+1 Bio-warfare

Oh look, the Horde vs Alliance crap is back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Land of Transvestite Robot Skeletons AKA Wales.
    So much QQ and butthurt in this thread, honestly, if you care that much about horde shit, reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I will give you twice the rice and half the beatings!
    Set a course for intercourse!

Can't believe no one has mentioned the Swamp of Sorrows questline, and how the alliance get to destroy Stonard in a throwback quest chain that is very reminiscent of WC 1-3.
    Except they don't. It's amazing how many people keep regurgitating this line when it's absolutely not true. The Alliance DOES NOT get to destroy Stonard. From the Horde side of the quests you repel the Alliance attack. From the Alliance side of the quests you just cause damage, but Stonard is still there. I mean, really? Is it to much to ask for the Alliance to be able to just smash the Horde in Stonard to bits the way they smash the Alliance in EVERY OTHER DAMNED ZONE?!?