Deleted

Resto Druid - Raid Healer - 4.0?

Hi,

I am not on the PTR and don't think i will get a chance to be.

However I am curious how you guys are raid healing with the changes.

If I have read the various changes correctly, both rejuv and wildgrowth are getting hit pretty hard, which is our main combo at the min.

So for fights like Queen25(H), Sindra(H) and Fester(H) which are the fights that we currently excel, how are we going to heal them. Are we still rejuv/wildgrowth rotation focused on high AoE fights or are you finding yourself more moving towards spot healing? Are shamans with CH and Holy priests now topping this type of fight?

There isn't many heoric 5mans that have similar healing requirements, but i guess Heroic HoR is close. How are you finding that you are healing this on the PTR? On live, i tend to keep rejuv on everyone and at times put up 5 stacks of LB to keep the tank up whilst swiftmending the party, especially if they are undergeared and losing agro all the time.

Unlike most other classes we aren't going to get any new spells at 81+ so we can look at balancing of spell rotations now for raid healing to a point.

I am also curious about how raid healing feels for the more patch dmg style fights, where a disc priest shields can delay mass dmg to help the raid healers catch up. If they aren't going to be spamming shields as much how does this effect us.

I am guessing no one is going to have done LK(H) on the PTR but i am curious if we are better/worse at this type of fight now, where you have sudden bursts of raid dmg and then nothing for a few secs. Nerfing wildgrowth gives us no spell that will instantly heal several raiders, like a priest can do a shaman with CH (ok not instantly but 1.5secs for 4 raiders)

10+ Year Old Account
    For a fight like LK we will probably be better off. WG wasn't nurfed enough you wont use it. If LK was a fight at 85, you would still be WGing every infest most likely since it would be worth the mana(if it's going to hit the right amount of people).

Besides that, we can still use RJ though so far(in beta), I've only used it as a snip heal. Having RG not suck + efflor will be useful.

The main thing people need to understand is, we didn't gear for spi or crit. Most druids are pretty much crit starved and will only get their crit now from int and talents.

It wont be very balanced for any class that is geared/gemed/enchanted for the way we are healing now. They also aren't balancing us around 80 but 85.

Making new tree and stats in general match with the encounters we have now is apparently screwy on the PTR. So it will be interesting if they decided to fix it before Cata or not since we aren't getting any new raids till.

Deleted
    As it stands, it seems that they are likely going to have to remove the aura style boss fights from the game. For these fights, all healing classes (igorning pala's) use their spells that won't be able to use much. Druids = Rejuv, Holy Priest = Renew, Disc Priest = PW: Shield, Shaman = CH.

The new mana system would tend to indicate a more direct dmg style fight, like Beasts in ToGC etc. Which will encourage heal sniping even more. Fastest finger first.

Looking foward to testing it when 4.0 hits.

I was curious if anyone had looked if nourish was even worth using now with the change to RG on the ptr my nourish has the same cast time as healing touch. The only difference I can see is that HT does more healing for more mana, while nourish does less healing for very little mana. Im just curious what its going to be like for raiding since when i tried healing in Heroics on the ptr i never saw my mana move even when if i needed a big heal i just ended up HT. Also anyone else notice that lifebloom no longer works with clearcasting I liked getting mana back that way.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

when 4.0 hits and they shift the game system over to the new style, your healing style won't change all that much. our mana regen and expenditure will be pretty much the same from what i've been able to tell. Once you get to level 83ish, you really start noticing mana costs a lot more.

The biggest thing that will change in 4.0 will be our haste caps. we are losing 13% haste from GoTM and moonkin/pally auras and another 3% depending on if you spec into the new Nature's grace. Our hots will have the ability to crit though so that will counteract things quite a bit IMO.

Also, all of your spellpower gems *should* convert to int gems when 4.0 drops so that will give you a bit more crit rating.
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2010-09-16 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevos View Post
    As it stands, it seems that they are likely going to have to remove the aura style boss fights from the game. For these fights, all healing classes (igorning pala's) use their spells that won't be able to use much. Druids = Rejuv, Holy Priest = Renew, Disc Priest = PW: Shield, Shaman = CH.

The new mana system would tend to indicate a more direct dmg style fight, like Beasts in ToGC etc. Which will encourage heal sniping even more. Fastest finger first.

Looking foward to testing it when 4.0 hits.
    I think in that environment, aura fights will seem more attractive to Blizzard. Unlike in Wrath, aura fights in Cata are not meant to be overpowered by heals. Right now we can spam Rejuv and completely trivialize the aura. In Cata, we'd actually be challenged to triage our heals. We'd have to do our best to be smart about who we healed in order to keep up with the damage without going oom.

Quote Originally Posted by stevos View Post
    Hi,

I am not on the PTR and don't think i will get a chance to be.

However I am curious how you guys are raid healing with the changes.

If I have read the various changes correctly, both rejuv and wildgrowth are getting hit pretty hard, which is our main combo at the min.

So for fights like Queen25(H), Sindra(H) and Fester(H) which are the fights that we currently excel, how are we going to heal them. Are we still rejuv/wildgrowth rotation focused on high AoE fights or are you finding yourself more moving towards spot healing? Are shamans with CH and Holy priests now topping this type of fight?

There isn't many heoric 5mans that have similar healing requirements, but i guess Heroic HoR is close. How are you finding that you are healing this on the PTR? On live, i tend to keep rejuv on everyone and at times put up 5 stacks of LB to keep the tank up whilst swiftmending the party, especially if they are undergeared and losing agro all the time.

Unlike most other classes we aren't going to get any new spells at 81+ so we can look at balancing of spell rotations now for raid healing to a point.

I am also curious about how raid healing feels for the more patch dmg style fights, where a disc priest shields can delay mass dmg to help the raid healers catch up. If they aren't going to be spamming shields as much how does this effect us.

I am guessing no one is going to have done LK(H) on the PTR but i am curious if we are better/worse at this type of fight now, where you have sudden bursts of raid dmg and then nothing for a few secs. Nerfing wildgrowth gives us no spell that will instantly heal several raiders, like a priest can do a shaman with CH (ok not instantly but 1.5secs for 4 raiders)
    I haven't tried out the new talent build on LK yet but as far as our raid healing ability its never been better. WE now have a new ability to heal raid with swiftmend. WHen ever you heal a target with swiftmend any1 that is within 8 yrds of teh target will recieve 60% of that heal as well over a short time. also even tho our hots durations were nerfed they can now crit so they heal for about the same amount. nourish is no longer a heal of choice, if a player is taking spike damage RG is the heal of choice. since the patch my healing as increased dramatically last night i was pulling about 7.5k hps with out really trying and im not only at a 5.7 GS so i could only imagine what a person that is at 6.2 or better could pull