Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    aye the way were going were heading into feral and spriest territory of difficulty making immune from the tax.

I greatly welcome a mechanic, that is going to shoo away all those fotm rerollers that overpopulate this awesome spec called retribution
    Don't hate the player - hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    hmm well i suppose the BUFF itself is like hunger for blood but the way you get the buff is like slice and dice..

but by your logic it would seem ret pallies are now rogues but with only 3 combo points :*(

guess it doesnt matter. semantics =D
    Again, no, it's nothing like HfB. It's like SnD, no semantics about it. And yes, your assumption is correct. We are now rogues with 3 combo points

oooo my bad, I didnt know inquisition gave us a 20% attack speed buff, i thought it was a 30% holy damage buff.

owait

Quote Originally Posted by TripleSix View Post
    I greatly welcome a mechanic, that is going to shoo away all those fotm rerollers that overpopulate this awesome spec called retribution
    I really don't think this new rotation is going to shy away almost anyone who already facerolls with ret. This rotation is easy. It's FCFS with heavy priority on CS and TV@ 3hp, while keeping Inq. up. That's it. Mods will make this as easy, or easier, than managing 6 cooldowns on live.

oooo my bad, I didnt know inquisition gave us a 20% attack speed buff, i thought it was a 30% holy damage buff.

owait
    The point being HfB you just blindly press as soon as a boss is engaged and dont give 2 shits about its conditions after that
    S&D or a closer relation SR are much better representations of the mechanic

owait
    How many times does it have to be said. They aren't comparing the BUFF EFFECT of Slice 'n Dice with Inquisition. They are comparing the METHOD on which ACTIVATING said buffs! If this STILL DOESN'T GET INTO YOUR HEAD...let me explain

Hunger for Blood can only be activated when there's a bleed effect on the target...no other requirement.

Slice 'n Dice needs you to have combo points on your target (Secondary resource, main resource is Energy)

Inquisition requires you to have adequate holy power (Secondary resource, main resource is Mana)

Now, which of there three match?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

yea Xs, thats why i said.... "hmm well i suppose the BUFF itself is like hunger for blood but the way you get the buff is like slice and dice.."

=D

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol View Post
    Yeah but S&D is based off combo points, and it lasts longer the more combo points you have. It really is a lot closer to Slice and Dice than Hunger for Blood.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by malachi24 View Post
    Reapplying your seal every 30 seconds in vanilla was awful. Does Inquisition feel like this? I really hope they buff its duration to 1 minute, at least.
    In vanilla, you had to reapply seals after every judgement!

yea Xs, thats why i said.... "hmm well i suppose the BUFF itself is like hunger for blood but the way you get the buff is like slice and dice.."

=D
    Because the thread is about the increased damage part. Right.
    He's one of 'em paladins I've been talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malachi24 View Post
    Reapplying your seal every 30 seconds in vanilla was awful. Does Inquisition feel like this? I really hope they buff its duration to 1 minute, at least.
    If you are Ret it has a 75 sec duration...

I suppose what this discussion does do is highlight Pala players.

You're complaining about having to re-apply a skill during a fight, whilst moaning about how a rogue has compared it to one skill they have which they have to re-apply and moaning it's more like ANOTHER skill that rogues have to re-apply.

tldr; rogues re-apply 2 skills, pala's re-apply 1. quit moaning fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    h4rr0d, can you please tell me how to master the 4 button spec known as ret? its so hard and complicated ><
    '
    Stop pull numbers out of your ass(it's 6 in our rotation , more if you add cd's hands and stuff).
    And specs like assasination , arcane and fire mage are they really harder than paladins? No they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    It's like Savage Roar. It doesn't make rotations more challenging it's just an added chore, an extra cog in an already boring machine.
    What would make the rotation more challenging then? I think everyone can agree that a rotation of 1111111111 is as easy as it gets, I think most people would agree that a 11111112111111112111111112 rotation is harder because you need to watch the timer on 2. Will there be mods that make it easier to watch the timer on 2? Sure there will. The fact is that Ret has gotten harder though, right up until the current set bonus I could write a mod on live to predict your next 5 abilities as a ret paladin. With all the changes you can't accurately predict your next 2 moves anymore. Simply put that means you're watching for more procs, and inquisition has you watching for a buff too, so you have a lot more thinking to do while playing ret.

Then again the vast majority of Ret paladins clearly rolled the spec because they don't like thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayl View Post
    No. Just no. Other classes have to use similar buffs for their full potential, do they complain? No. Inquisition is not the same as seals. So don't try to fix something that isn't broken.
    Lolwut, all i ever hear from feral druids is, "OMFG SAVAGE ROAR IS SO ANNOYING IT SHOULD BE LONGER DURATION Q_Q Q_Q Q_Q."

So i'm not sure which World of Warcraft you've been playing.

Deleted
    Is inqusition fine? Yes. Is TV fine? Yes. Is WoG fine? Well... not really, but it's become better each build. Is HP fine? Yes, at least the concept. Is our ways of gaining HP fine? No. Do the above things that are "fine" suffer because HP generation is not fine? Yes. Having your entire dps rotation and offhealing ability, the two things that 'are' Retribution, rely on 1 reliable ability every 4.5 seconds but then very unreliable stuff for the rest is not exactly something that screams "good design".

Without steady HP generation, our dps will fluctuate too much depending on if we are lucky or not. Without steady HP generation, our off-healing ability will be very uncertain and most of all it will most likely not be available to us when we need it.

All the new changes are great, they are certainly for the better. But the way our resources work to make these changes come into play are not for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    If you are Ret it has a 75 sec duration...
    12 * 2.5 = 75??? o.o i think i need to retake arithmetics ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm sorry to say but Blizzard is going WAY over the top in making retribution paladins not 'faceroll'.

Now they're going to be playing something like feral druids with a less reliable way of gaining combo points. They need to draw back on some of these changes. Holy power was a step in the right direction but they need to tweak that mechanic before they thought about giving paladins a buff that have to keep up all the time.
    Beta, test realm yatta yatta yatta.

I'm sure what will end up happening is that after the numbers are adjusted on spells, they'll give some a slight better sense of flow, and then continue to further extend on it with the content patches and what have you.

Then comes the senseless argument "WHY NOT DO IT NOW?".

Because it needs to be stressed tested, they need to see mass player reaction, mass player interaction, how things end up scaling, how things end up working in the long run, yatta yatta yatta.

Be patient, the system works, it might be clunky some, that will get cleared up in due time. We are not broken, no worries.

Alsoooo @the OP if you remember Vanillia, you can not forget consumable seals, just saying.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Beta, test realm yatta yatta yatta.

I'm sure what will end up happening is that after the numbers are adjusted on spells, they'll give some a slight better sense of flow, and then continue to further extend on it with the content patches and what have you.

Then comes the senseless argument "WHY NOT DO IT NOW?".

Because it needs to be stressed tested, they need to see mass player reaction, mass player interaction, how things end up scaling, how things end up working in the long run, yatta yatta yatta.

Be patient, the system works, it might be clunky some, that will get cleared up in due time. We are not broken, no worries.

Alsoooo @the OP if you remember Vanillia, you can not forget consumable seals, just saying.
    yatta yatta yatta is not a proper form of argument!!!!!!!!