Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Go Druid ... Ranged DPS/Melee DPS/Healing/Tanking ... if you ever start to get bored ... respec a new role.
    REAL ID was merely a setback!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    kronical again, reading is hard. go ahead and report my thread with the statement "what should I play". because from what I've just read over, no where in my posts does it say that, all I said was, I'm rerolling which looks the best and is the most fun, not, TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD PLAY. It's ok though, flame on.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoonV View Post
    Go Druid ... Ranged DPS/Melee DPS/Healing/Tanking ... if you ever start to get bored ... respec a new role.
    Pretty much this, druids are pretty diverse so if you ever get bored of range dps you can always switch it up later.

Really most of the dps are the same. Different, abbility name, different name on the proc you are looking out for... Ultiatly you just map similar abbilities to the same buttons you would use on your rogue.

If you are really interested in a change, I would suggest Prot warrior or Holy priest.

Both of these suggestions will definatly have you doing things you wouldnt consider normal.

I understand that you do not feel comfortable healing / tanking, but really, you wont get into a raid straigh away, you will have time too learn the class. Its worth a shot in the end.

(reason for statements above: I have prot / fury warr - Holy / shadow priest - Arc mage - prot / dps dk - enh / resto shami @ 80 and a smattering of classes at lvl50+. All dps is ultimatly very similar)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Timber, you're right on all aspects of it. I guess it's just gonna come down to what I'm going to enjoy the most, and have the most fun with.

Deleted
    I'll refrain from mentioning the rouge part (damn I had something so witty to say) since it has been mentioned before...

On a more serious note: If you have been enjoying the DPS role for the last three years or so then change your scenery by playing either a tank or a healer. A hybrid class could be a good choice for you since you can change specs and thus roles however you see fit. In that category the classes you could choose are: Druids (can be tanks/healers and DPS if balance specced so should you change your mind about tanking/healing you can always go back to the familiar path of the DPS), Paladins (again tanks/healers and DPS), Shamans (limiting the choices between healing and DPSing here though), Warriors (tanks and ofc DPS), Death Knights (tanks and DPS) and/or Priests (healing and DPS).

I have enjoyed both the Druid and the Priest, if my personal opinion matters in any way.

Still you can go straight to a DPS role yet again and try a warlcok or a mage (my personal favorite is the warlock)

15+ Year Old Account
    And some people think it's fun to be tied up when.. oh this a "which class should I roll?" Thread. Well the points the same. Fun is a matter of opinion.