I'm trying to sort out macros for cooldowns. I want one that on the first button press casts one spell (GoAK), then on the next (a few seconds later) casts several things all at once (wings, zealotry, trinket, potion). Using an ordinary /castsequence will make me hit the button 5 times, instead of the desired 2. Is there a way to make this work?

Simple:

#showtooltip
    /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /cast Spell 1
    /cast Spell 2
    /cast Spell 3
    etc
    should work.

Just /cast -ing each on their own line the way you suggest will do all 5 at once. I tried that. I get the greatest benefit however if I cast Guardian, give it 10 seconds to ramp up, then cast the other 4 all together.

Edit:
    I'm at work and can't test, but would something like this work?

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /cast [mod:shift] Guardian of Ancient Kings; Golemblood Potion, trinket, Avenging Wrath, etc?

Shift+click would do guardian, then just hitting it normally would pop everything else. That's not my preferred method (I hate trying to find the shift key when I'm busy), but if it works, it works.

Further editing:
    Is it possible to use a mouse button as a modifier key? Instead of [mod:shift], do [mod:a word to indicate that I'm holding the left mouse button down right now].
    Last edited by Liagala; 2011-02-21 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    Just /cast -ing each on their own line the way you suggest will do all 5 at once. I tried that. I get the greatest benefit however if I cast Guardian, give it 10 seconds to ramp up, then cast the other 4 all together.

Edit:
    I'm at work and can't test, but would something like this work?

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /cast [mod:shift] Guardian of Ancient Kings; Golemblood Potion, trinket, Avenging Wrath, etc?

Shift+click would do guardian, then just hitting it normally would pop everything else. That's not my preferred method (I hate trying to find the shift key when I'm busy), but if it works, it works.

Further editing:
    Is it possible to use a mouse button as a modifier key? Instead of [mod:shift], do [mod:a word to indicate that I'm holding the left mouse button down right now].
    If you're okay with a modifier, you can do
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /use item1
    /use item2
    /use spell1
    /use spell2
    Buth you have to use at most 1 GCD triggering spell in that later list. You cannot use the mouse as a conditional, only shift, alt and control can be used for those, but you can test for which mouse button you use [btn:2] is true only when you use the right mouse button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    If you're okay with a modifier, you can do
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /stopmacro [mod]
    /use item1
    /use item2
    /use spell1
    /use spell2
    This is a tiny variation on the above code, but a significant one. This will make it so that pressing the macro with ANY modifier (shift, alt or ctrl) will cast Guardian, while pressing without the rest. This allows you to use any of the preferred keys, instead of "trying to find the shift key when busy"

Alternatively!

Get a proper mouse, one that will let you map one of the mouse buttons to alt, ctrl or shift so you can do what you intended in the bottom of your post. I have a Logitech MX series wireless keeb and squeek with <- and -> buttons normally for back and forward on internweb pages. In the product software, though, it allows me to map the keys to anything I want. So I made one ctrl and the other alt, which I use a lot on my healer, but not so much on my DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Get a proper mouse, one that will let you map one of the mouse buttons to alt, ctrl or shift so you can do what you intended in the bottom of your post.
    Oooh. I didn't know this was possible. I have those two side buttons on my mouse mapped to strafing right and left, but I know they sell mice with more buttons than that. Looks like it's time for a new mouse!

anyone aware of any "Focus Fear" macros to use? I remember back in BC i had a macro for both Fear and for my mage's polymorph, so that I can set someone on focus and target something else and just chain CC that mob. any help will be nice ^_^

thanks Migari! I will definitely try this out. happy gaming!

Hey I was wondering if it's possible to make a holy shock/penance macro that heals friendly targets when no modifier is used and damages enemies if one is used. this means that if i target a friendly and hit HS it should heal him and if i target an enemy who's targeting a friendly it should heal him aswell but if i hit a modifier and target an enemy it damages him and if i hit a modifier and target a friendly it damages it's target. I came up with:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod: ,noharm] holy shock
    /cast [nomod: ,harm, target=targettarget] holy shock
    /cast [mod: ,harm] holy shock
    /cast [mod: ,noharm, target=targettarget] holy shock
    the bold parts work but the normal parts don't any ideas on how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Primalistic View Post
    anyone aware of any "Focus Fear" macros to use? I remember back in BC i had a macro for both Fear and for my mage's polymorph, so that I can set someone on focus and target something else and just chain CC that mob. any help will be nice ^_^
    Here is what I use on my warlock
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /focus [@focus,noexists]
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][harm,nodead] Fear
    /stopmacro [nobtn:2]
    /run SetRaidTarget("target",2)
    It will set your current target to focus if you have no focus target. Then it casts Fear on focus target, or on current target if you for some reason do not have a focus target at this time in the macro or the focus target is dead or a friendly.

The macro thus goes on to stop if you use a keybind or left mouse button. I can right click to let it pass and set my raid marker on the target. The last bit is useful in the situations where the tank says "mark and CC on your own" or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Hey I was wondering if it's possible to make a holy shock/penance macro that heals friendly targets when no modifier is used and damages enemies if one is used. this means that if i target a friendly and hit HS it should heal him and if i target an enemy who's targeting a friendly it should heal him aswell but if i hit a modifier and target an enemy it damages him and if i hit a modifier and target a friendly it damages it's target. I came up with:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    Proper syntax:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod ,help][nomod ,help,@targettarget][mod ,harm][mod ,harm, @targettarget]  holy shock
    If you were not holding any modifier key down and the currently targeted unit is a friend then:
    Cast Holy Shock on the currently targeted unit

Else, if you were not holding any modifier key down and the currently targeted unit's currently targeted unit is a friend then:
    Cast Holy Shock on the currently targeted unit's currently targeted unit

Else, if you holding a modifier key and the currently targeted unit is an enemy then:
    Cast Holy Shock on the currently targeted unit

Else, if you holding a modifier key and the currently targeted unit's currently targeted unit is an enemy then:
    Cast Holy Shock on the currently targeted unit's currently targeted unit
    Last edited by Mordret; 2011-02-22 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Code:
    #showtooltip
    This should do it
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod,harm][mod,@targettarget,harm][help][@targettarget,help] Holy Shock

Deleted

Code:
    #showtooltip
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [help][@targettarget,help,nomod][]Penance

can anyone tell me a macro that will /w Myself every 59 secunds? i have a 1 minute cooldown spell and i want to /w myself when its almost off cooldown. Thanks
    You're Pro, or You're Noob, That's Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrejrulz View Post
    can anyone tell me a macro that will /w Myself every 59 secunds? i have a 1 minute cooldown spell and i want to /w myself when its almost off cooldown. Thanks
    If you have an addon with Ace2 or if not, SlashIn you can make a macro yourself that says for example...

/cast Pillar of Frost
    /in 59 /w Allaboutme Pillar of Frost ready now!

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

k This I am wondering if I can make these macros:

1. I want to cast hunters mark, serpent sting, Bestial wrath, intimidation and wait 2 secs for kill command as my opener.

2. With out having to switch my target for my spirit to heal me or my partner, i currnetly have very basic macros

/target (arena partner)
    /cast Spirit Mend

and 1 for myself,

Is there a better way ??

Quote Originally Posted by Supafly87 View Post
    k This I am wondering if I can make these macros:

1. I want to cast hunters mark, serpent sting, Bestial wrath, intimidation and wait 2 secs for kill command as my opener.

2. With out having to switch my target for my spirit to heal me or my partner, i currnetly have very basic macros

/target (arena partner)
    /cast Spirit Mend

and 1 for myself,

Is there a better way ??
    1: You can create a castsequence, like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 hunters mark, serpent sting, Bestial wrath, intimidation, kill command
    You have to manually wait the two seconds before kill command

2: If you are in 2v2, then this should do it:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@player][@party1,nodead] Spirit Mend
    Pressing shift will cast it on yourself, replace shift with proper modifier, or remove ":shift" for any modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    2: If you are in 2v2, then this should do it:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@player][@party1,nodead] Spirit Mend
    Pressing shift will cast it on yourself, replace shift with proper modifier, or remove ":shift" for any modifier.
    I believe this is an error, since isnt the player always party member number 1? so the second set of conditionals should be [@party2,nodead].

hey guys,

i need macro for my warlock

i want to Fear my ( Foucs ) when im target another player ,, or if i dont have foucs Fear my target .
    and can any good warlock give me some good Destro macros
    and thanks.
    Last edited by Cry Me A River; 2011-02-23 at 12:47 PM.

Possible to macro my holy shock only to heal/only deal damage? For example if I accidentially cast the damage one on a friendly target it wouldn't work?