10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to make a macro that invites a specific realID friend to my party when I press it. Any help is appreciated.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Improve my discipline macro:

--1. cast Radiance 0-2x to buff allies
    --2. shield self
    --3. spam macro
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod:alt,@player] reset=2 Power Word: Shield;Purge the Wicked,Schism,Penance,Smite
    /castsequence Power Word: Solace,Divine Star

I use this in BGs and it seems pretty strong, but I just made it up on my own and maybe someone has ideas on how to improve it.

1. I open by holding alt and pressing the macro to shield myself.
    2. I cast PW:radiance 0-2x depending on how many allies are around me.
    3. Spam macro.

It keeps casting for the most part. I notice if both PW: Solace and Divine Star are BOTH on CD, it sometimes gets stuck and does nothing until one of them come off CD.

Can I work shadowfiend into the macro somehow?

I tried adding this line to the end:

/castsequence shadowfiend

But I only saw it get cast once in like a long time testing it. If I put it as the first line the entire macro dies.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

There a macro to change the Icon so it reflects on the skin of the Artifact you're using?

Example: the icon for the Ashbringer changes if you use the default skin, or its Hidden Skin.

Currently I'm using this one:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Sheilun's Gift(Artifact)
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Sheilun's Gift(Artifact)
    But I want to add a modifier to it, so it casts Effuse when I hold Shift down, can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip Effuse
    /cast [mod:alt,@player] Effuse
    /cast [@mouseover] Effuse
    So, a basic mouseover macro with an ALT-modifier for self cast. Is it possible to add a no-target modifier in there, so it auto-casts on myself when there are no targets? I tried some things, but they fucked up the mouseover part.

Basically: mouseover -> casts on mouseover target, no target -> casts on self, ALT-modifier -> casts on self. Might be redundant, but anyway.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I don't know much about macros on wow, or how to actually make one.

But is there a macro for RET that would cast Judgement if its not on CD and cast Templars Verdict if its on CD?

I tend to miss casting judgement for a few TV's as I pay attention to where im standing so i dont die(dead dps =/= dps) and would like this if its possible if not its fine either way im not too hardcore to care about like 2%? dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Effuse
    /cast [mod:alt,@player] Effuse
    /cast [@mouseover] Effuse
    So, a basic mouseover macro with an ALT-modifier for self cast. Is it possible to add a no-target modifier in there, so it auto-casts on myself when there are no targets? I tried some things, but they fucked up the mouseover part.

Basically: mouseover -> casts on mouseover target, no target -> casts on self, ALT-modifier -> casts on self. Might be redundant, but anyway.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help][] Effuse

Quote Originally Posted by Nozari View Post
    I don't know much about macros on wow, or how to actually make one.

But is there a macro for RET that would cast Judgement if its not on CD and cast Templars Verdict if its on CD?

I tend to miss casting judgement for a few TV's as I pay attention to where im standing so i dont die(dead dps =/= dps) and would like this if its possible if not its fine either way im not too hardcore to care about like 2%? dps loss.
    Macros cannot "auto cast" on cooldown. Any macro you make with Judgment and TV will stop at Judgment and wait for it to be off cooldown.

Personally, I suggest using Hekili. It's a rotation helper you can place near the middle of the screen and it'll show you the icon of the next ability to use.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I need help with a macro, not sure if its possible, but....

When making a macro that is replaced with another spell when you change talents, is it possible to have one macro cast either spell, depending on which you have selected.

For example, I want my Protection Paladin to have a macro that self-casts Hand of the Protector or Light of the Protector, without having to go into macros or the spell book to replace the button in question.

I tried this macro with no luck, thinking it might ignore the first one if the the spell doesn't exist.

*edit, it wont let me show my exact macro, cause I have too few posts, but it goes like this...

#showtooltip
    /cast [at symbol* player] Light of the Protector
    /cast [at symbol* player] Hand of the Protector
    *at symbol is the correct symbol, it just wwont allow me to use it in my post.

The macro works as intended for the first spell, but it does not change when I change talents.

Can it be done?
    Last edited by ArkAngel06; 2017-04-23 at 10:42 PM.

When making a macro that is replaced with another spell when you change talents, is it possible to have one macro cast either spell, depending on which you have selected.

For example, I want my Protection Paladin to have a macro that self-casts Hand of the Protector or Light of the Protector, without having to go into macros or the spell book to replace the button in question.

I tried this macro with no luck, thinking it might ignore the first one if the the spell doesn't exist.

*edit, it wont let me show my macro, cause I have too few posts, but it goes like this...

#showtooltip
    /cast [at symbol* player] Light of the Protector
    /cast [at symbol* player] Hand of the Protector
    *at symbol is the correct symbol, it just won't allow me to use it in my post.

The macro works as intended for the first spell, but it does not change when I change talents.

Can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkAngel06 View Post

*edit, it wont let me show my exact macro, cause I have too few posts, but it goes like this...

*at symbol is the correct symbol, it just wwont allow me to use it in my post.

Can it be done?
    LotP will automatically change to HotP when you spec it. Shouldn't have to macro it.

Yes, but I want a button to force self-cast it.

I have Grid to easily heal others with it, but in times when I am about to die and I accidentally click a friendly and press my button to save my life, I heal them instead...It doesn't happen often, but it did once or twice, and that's enough of a reason for me to need a button for a self heal.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkAngel06 View Post
    Yes, but I want a button to force self-cast it.

I have Grid to easily heal others with it, but in times when I am about to die and I accidentally click a friendly and press my button to save my life, I heal them instead...It doesn't happen often, but it did once or twice, and that's enough of a reason for me to need a button for a self heal.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:5/1,@player] Hand of the Protector; Light of the Protector

Is it possible to use a trinket as an alt modifier? For example if I want my 5 button to normally be Rupture, but if I hold shift I want it to use a trinket instead, how would that be written? I know you use /cast for spells like Rupture, and /use for trinket, but not sure how you make that into a modifier. The trinket is in slot 14.

A request if possible.

Two diffrent macros where one casts a spell that uses charges, and if the spell dont have charges it casts another spell.
    As in Blood DKs Blood Boil whenever it has charges and then cast Heart Strike when it doesnt.

And the second where you whould use one button for two diffrent talents and shows the tooltip of whichever is talented.
    Such as Bonestorm & Blood Mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladed View Post
    Is it possible to use a trinket as an alt modifier? For example if I want my 5 button to normally be Rupture, but if I hold shift I want it to use a trinket instead, how would that be written? I know you use /cast for spells like Rupture, and /use for trinket, but not sure how you make that into a modifier. The trinket is in slot 14.
    You can use /use for everything, /cast is not required. As for the trinket, just put 14 in like any other spell name.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] 14; Rupture

Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    A request if possible.

Two diffrent macros where one casts a spell that uses charges, and if the spell dont have charges it casts another spell.
    As in Blood DKs Blood Boil whenever it has charges and then cast Heart Strike when it doesnt.

And the second where you whould use one button for two diffrent talents and shows the tooltip of whichever is talented.
    Such as Bonestorm & Blood Mirror.
    The first one is not possible. You cannot make a smart macro that casts one thing when something else is on cooldown. Having no charges available is the exact same thing as a single spell on cooldown.

For the second one, there is the [talent:row/column] conditional. The conditional returns true if the talent in that row/column spot is learned. The macro icon will be ? if you use Purgatory.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:7/1] Bonestorm; [talent:7/2] Blood Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    You can use /use for everything, /cast is not required. As for the trinket, just put 14 in like any other spell name.
    Code:
    #showtooltip

Thanks! I gave it a try putting it on my Vendetta but the shift doesn't seem to be working. This is the code that I have in my macro

#showtooltip vendetta
    /use [mod:shift] 14; Vendetta

Shift and that button does not activate the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladed View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip

Thanks! I gave it a try putting it on my Vendetta but the shift doesn't seem to be working. This is the code that I have in my macro

#showtooltip vendetta
    /use [mod:shift] 14; Vendetta

Shift and that button does not activate the trinket.
    In most cases this is a problem with keybinds. You probably have already bound something to shift+your key. Take a look at your keybindings (there are many standard keybinds that can interfere).

Could i get a few equip macros please?

Change spec blood, equip item set tank
    Change spec frost equip item set dps

Unequip legendary x, equip legendary y. Cast fury of sindragosa, Unequip legendary y, equip legendary x.

Also a question can u still interrupt add without changing your current target like

cast [@addname] mind freeze. (or smth like that)
    Last edited by Nephcyte; 2017-05-16 at 02:43 AM.

is it possible to have a macro "announce" the current cooldown time left on an ability? similar to overwatch or heroes of the storm, if i alt click on an on-cooldown ability, i want it to say in party chat "Consume Magic up in 7 Seconds!" or something like that.

Deleted
    So as a brewmaster monk I have a Black Ox Statue that I can taunt for AoE aggro. I would like a provoke macro that Targets the Black Ox Statue, cast Provoke and then target the last target. When I hold Shift and press my taunt button I want it to taunt my current target.

Problem I have now is I don't know how to do the Shift Part but I do know how to do the Target Black Ox Statue -> Taunt -> Target Last Target, however when I dont have a Black Ox Statue and just want to taunt my current target, it deselects my current target