Quote Originally Posted by VuRkka View Post
    This is what I'm currently using;
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming,nomounted,mod:shift] Sea Turtle; [flyable,nomod,nomounted] Sandstone Drake; [outdoors,mod:ctrl] Traveler's Tundra Mammoth; [outdoors,nomounted] Mekgineer's Chopper
    /dismount [noflying]
    Any way to make it show icon of the mount in question rather than a question mark while mounted?
    Take out the nomounted conditionals.

I'm trying to make a Demonic Circle macro that will summon with a shift modifier, and cast with no modifier.

Code:
    #showttoltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Demonic Circle: Summon; Demonic Circle: Teleport
    This works fine for the teleport part, but not the summon.

Shift + Click works, but shift + hotkey doesn't.

Any idea's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    I'm trying to make a Demonic Circle macro that will summon with a shift modifier, and cast with no modifier.

Code:
    #showttoltip

Any idea's ?
    Make sure you don't have any button keybound to Shift+Hotkey. It didn't work for me either until I looked at my hidden action bar, and there I found an unused button keybound to Shift+Hotkey. Remove it and it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post

Code:
    #showttoltip

Any idea's ?
    Shift+hotkey is probably bound to something else. Make sure you clear it. Check your default self and focus cast mods too.

Also, shift doesn't work with numpad keys. If this is on a Naga, you have to use a different mod.

Hi All, Trying to make a macro for my monk. If it's a friendly target, it casts Detox. If enemy target, it casts Crackling Jade Lightning. If no target, it casts detox on myself.

I've got the first two parts, just can't figure out why the last part isn't working on my monk but works on my priest. (casting on self if no target) (I have a similar macro for smite and purify on my priest.)

/cast [target=target,harm,nodead] Smite; [target=target,exists,noharm,nodead] Purify; [target=player,noharm,nodead] Purify;

Above works on priest. When I try the following on my monk, the last part doesn't work:

/cast [target=target,harm,nodead] Crackling Jade Lightning; [target=target,exists,noharm,nodead] Detox; [target=player,noharm,nodead] Detox;

Auto Selfcast is enabled. Any ideas why it works on one char and not another? or if there's a different way to make it work?
    Last edited by Purplekitti; 2012-11-20 at 06:39 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Purplekitti View Post
    Hi All, Trying to make a macro for my monk. If it's a friendly target, it casts Detox. If enemy target, it casts Crackling Jade Lightning. If no target, it casts detox on myself.

I've got the first two parts, just can't figure out why the last part isn't working on my monk but works on my priest. (casting on self if no target) (I have a similar macro for smite and purify on my priest.)

/cast [target=target,harm,nodead] Smite; [target=target,exists,noharm,nodead] Purify; [target=player,noharm,nodead] Purify;

Above works on priest. When I try the following on my monk, the last part doesn't work:

/cast [target=target,harm,nodead] Crackling Jade Lightning; [target=target,exists,noharm,nodead] Detox; [target=player,noharm,nodead] Detox;

Auto Selfcast is enabled. Any ideas why it works on one char and not another? or if there's a different way to make it work?
    I cleaned it up, should work:
    Code:
    /cast [harm,nodead] Crackling Jade Lightning; [help,nodead][target=player] Detox

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a rather simple (in my head at least) macro, but since I know close to nothing on how to do them I was wondering if you all could help me.

I want a Lynx Rush/ A Murder of Crows macro where depending on the talent I have the tooltip shows it and uses it. I can just go to my spellbook and swap, but I was wondering if there's anyway to do with a macro.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreld View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a rather simple (in my head at least) macro, but since I know close to nothing on how to do them I was wondering if you all could help me.

I want a Lynx Rush/ A Murder of Crows macro where depending on the talent I have the tooltip shows it and uses it. I can just go to my spellbook and swap, but I was wondering if there's anyway to do with a macro.

Thank you.
    From a few pages back:

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    /use Holy Prism
    /use Light's Hammer
    /use Execution Sentence
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("t90", G"Holy Prism" or G"Light's Hammer" or "Execution Sentence")
    You'll have to hit the macro once after changing talents for the macro icon to change.

Alternative methods:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147396102#2
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentmacros
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentspellmacro
    Just plug your stuff in. Replace t90 in the macro with the name of your macro too.

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate it!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelothian View Post
    Hello guys
    a simple question. I'm trying to create a macro to merge some spells because I have some "physiological" difficulties with the keyboard (nothing serious but enough annoying to create me problems during the raids). The rotation of the moonkin is divided into two phases. My problem is during the first part. Too many buttons to press.
    Briefly... I would like to create a macro with a simple sequence, but within this sequence there's a spell with a cooldown (3 mins). So, if I use the macro when this spell is ready, everything works. But if the spell is on cooldown, the macro stops and doesn't continue.
    Question: is there a way (via scripts / variables) to ensure that the macro continues, however, even if a particular spell is not ready (cd)?
    It could be fine use the command /click ActionBotton# only for this spell or the macro execute only this command without continue with /castsequence?
    Any ideas or suggestions about this are welcome.
    Thank you.
    Here's an example of how I do this...

/castsequence reset=6 Shadow Form, x
    /castsequence Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay

So, in this example, on the first keypress it would cast Shadow Form. on the next keypress, it would try to cast a spell called x ... which, of course is invalid. So, the sequencer gets "stuck" on this fake spell, and doesn't trigger the "this macro has already cast one spell" thing.
    So, on the next keypress, it tries to cast x, then moves on to cast Mind Blast. (which does exists, so it works).
    On the next keypress, it casts Mind Flay. then Mind Flay. then Mind Flay again.

So, after that second Castseqence macro runs out of spells, the first castsequence is still stuck on the x, and still doesn't do anything. The second castsequence line resets to Mind Blast... and it just keeps going. basically, you get the following sequence:

SF, MB, MF, MF, MF, MB, MF, MF, MF, MB, MF, MF, MF, MB...

To reset this, you have to NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON for 6 seconds. after 6 seconds on not pressing the button the first castsequence line resets and is again willing to cast Shadow Form.

to make it clear, this will NOT keep track of the cooldown and reuse the ability after 3 minutes... it would just use it ONCE, and then the macro would have to be reset (via 6 seconds of not using it)...

the reset command can also use combat ends or change of target to reset... You would probably want to use the combat flag to reset the sequence... but then you run the risk of the whole macro not working again if you reset the macro before the spell actually comes off cooldown...

alas, nothing's perfect for this.
    Last edited by trimbleepic; 2012-11-22 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trimbleepic View Post
    /castsequence reset=6 Shadow Form, x
    /cast Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
    This macro wouldn't work at all unless everything I know about macros is wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    This macro wouldn't work at all unless everything I know about macros is wrong.
    Just tried it on my priest, and it does not work.
    It skips the first cast sequence completely and just starts using mind blast right away.

Edit, well wad'ya know, it actually does work, didn't notice he wrote "shadow form" instead of "shadowform"
    Last edited by mmoc161c352136; 2012-11-22 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    Hi, I am trying to make the following macro for my priest:
    Whenever I cast flash heal I want my macro to cast inner focus before the heal. The problem is, when i use:
    /cast inner focus
    /cast flash heal
    then I am unable to cast flash heal when inner focus is on cooldown. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickghost View Post
    Whenever I cast flash heal I want my macro to cast inner focus before the heal. The problem is, when i use:
    /cast inner focus
    /cast flash heal
    then I am unable to cast flash heal when inner focus is on cooldown. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    Unfortunately, not really - the macro is designed not to be able to detect if inner focus is on cooldown.
    Closest you can get is with a modifier (control in this example), normal press uses flash heal, ctrl+press uses inner focus then flash heal.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Inner Focus
    /cast Flash Heal

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all! Is it possible to make a @mouseover macro with modifiers in it?

Mouseover click = skill1
    Mouseover shift click = skill2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Hey all! Is it possible to make a @mouseover macro with modifiers in it?

Mouseover click = skill1
    Mouseover shift click = skill2
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, mod:shift] Skill2; [@mouseover] Skill1
    ideally you'd put some more options in there, to cover cases like "I don't have a mouseover" / "SkillX is a healing spell but I'm mouseovering an enemy" and so on.
    If you specify more exactly what the macro si supposed to do we can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Unfortunately, not really - the macro is designed not to be able to detect if inner focus is on cooldown.
    Closest you can get is with a modifier (control in this example), normal press uses flash heal, ctrl+press uses inner focus then flash heal.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Inner Focus
    /cast Flash Heal
    Thanks for this I had the same question

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, mod:shift] Skill2; [@mouseover] Skill1
    ideally you'd put some more options in there, to cover cases like "I don't have a mouseover" / "SkillX is a healing spell but I'm mouseovering an enemy" and so on.
    If you specify more exactly what the macro si supposed to do we can help you out.
    It's not ideal to have macros that cover all the cases. The player, a human being, doesn't always want this, especially when modifiers come in (with different spells). When you press shift you know what you are casting and what target you need.
    I don't support the automating of actions (e.g. castsequence, cast1 when enemy or cast2 when friend) at all, why should I play the game when the game plays for me? But I won't blame on people who like and use these kind of macros.

This may be a PvE issue, I might be wrong but I've never heard of a PvP player using these kind of macros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickghost View Post
    /cast inner focus
    /cast flash heal

Thanks
    Code:
    #showtooltip Flash Heal
    /use [combat] Inner Focus
    /cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead][target=target, help, nodead][target=player] Flash Heal

Quote Originally Posted by sshika View Post
    It's not ideal to have macros that cover all the cases. The player, a human being, doesn't always want this, especially when modifiers come in (with different spells). When you press shift you know what you are casting and what target you need.
    I don't support the automating of actions (e.g. castsequence, cast1 when enemy or cast2 when friend) at all, why should I play the game when the game plays for me? But I won't blame on people who like and use these kind of macros.

This may be a PvE issue, I might be wrong but I've never heard of a PvP player using these kind of macros.
    You can save a lot of keybinds by doubling up harm (offensive spell) and help (healing spell) abilities on one hotkey. This is more important for certain classes (hybrids and healers that have a million abilities) and is certainly not considered automation.

Castsequence is limited enough that it doesn't really come into play most of the time. You can't automate anymore to the level, say, Hunters could in Wrath. One button, nearly optimal rotation made Naxx even more boring.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-23 at 06:50 PM.