Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I'm doing fishing on my main (death knight; in current content, I solo-quest as blood, and when I out-gear content, I solo-quest as frost).

How do I know which spec is which?

So, for instance, line 2, I know I'd do [spec:#] Maw of the Damned; [spec:2] Blades of the Prince (or whatever they're called). But I've never been clear on what spec is what #.
    Alphabetical. Open your Specialization window, then look at the order of the three specs on the left. Top is 1, middle is 2, and bottom is 3.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Is there a macro I can make (or does anyone know of an addon) that will hide all player and npc names or enable them? I would like all that stuff to hide when I hide my UI, since I am usually doing that to take screenshots. But I would like to quickly re-enable it too. Ideally something that hides all of that in one go / turns it back on would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyajna View Post
    Is there a macro I can make (or does anyone know of an addon) that will hide all player and npc names or enable them? I would like all that stuff to hide when I hide my UI, since I am usually doing that to take screenshots. But I would like to quickly re-enable it too. Ideally something that hides all of that in one go / turns it back on would be amazing.
    Aren't there already existing keybinds (Ctrl+V and Ctrl+B, if I recall correctly) that do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alyajna View Post
    Aren't there already existing keybinds (Ctrl+V and Ctrl+B, if I recall correctly) that do that?
    V toggles Enemy Nameplates.
    Shift + V toggles Friendly Nameplates.
    Ctrl+V toggles all Nameplates.

Alt+Z toggles the UI.

Assuming none of those bindings have been changed.

As for scripting them, I am sure there are ways to do at least some of that.
    Will have a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=Target/Combat Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption

Is the macro I'm using to cast all 3 dots with 1 button/hotkey in 3v3 arenas. The problem is that for 2v2 I usually switch from the dot siphon life to the passive talent death's embrace breaking the macro in the process. Is there a way to make this macro work even when the siphon life dot talent isn't active/selected and just cast agony and corruption?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=Target/Combat Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption

Is the macro I'm using to cast all 3 dots with 1 button/hotkey in 3v3 arenas. The problem is that for 2v2 I usually switch from the dot siphon life to the passive talent death's embrace breaking the macro in the process. Is there a way to make this macro work even when the siphon life dot talent isn't active/selected and just cast agony and corruption?
    There is the condition [talent:3/2] where 3/2 means 3rd row second talent. Evaluates true if this talent is activated.
    Can't test right now, but this should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    There is the condition [talent:3/2] where 3/2 means 3rd row second talent. Evaluates true if this talent is activated.
    Can't test right now, but this should help.
    Just tested it. Doesn't work if siphon life isn't the active talent.

Additionally with the siphon life talent selected the macro only works if the command [talent:7/2] Siphon Life is placed before agony and corruption which isn't very practical since agony is the biggest priority dot and should be cast /refreshed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Just tested it. Doesn't work if siphon life isn't the active talent.

Additionally with the siphon life talent selected the macro only works if the command [talent:7/2] Siphon Life is placed before agony and corruption which isn't very practical since agony is the biggest priority dot and should be cast /refreshed first.
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [talent:7/2] reset=Target/Combat Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption
    /castsequence [talent:7/1][talent:7/3] reset=Target/Combat Agony, Corruption

Simple macro request.

I'm finding that, in group instanced PvE, I need a macro that will pick a new target if the current target is dead or a friendly or there's no target at all.

I'm spending a lot of time pressing buttons with no damage happening. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [talent:7/2] reset=Target/Combat Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption
    /castsequence [talent:7/1][talent:7/3] reset=Target/Combat Agony, Corruption
    Seems to be working. Thank's a lot!

Deleted
    Simple macro request.

I'm finding that, in group instanced PvE, I need a macro that will pick a new target if the current target is dead or a friendly or there's no target at all.

I'm spending a lot of time pressing buttons with no damage happening. :-)
    Code:
    /targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]
    should do what you want. You could even macro it before your main attack.

Thanks! My hunter, and my wife's hunter, thank you! :-)

New macro request (or possibly an add-on?).

My shaman, I want to customize by allowing him to pull a random Pandaren Spirit from his pet collection. I haven't figured out how to pull even one pet via macro.

Is there a macro for that? Or (I guess?) a toy?

Deleted
    https://imgur.com/a/bkOCh

Do you guys have any idea how he is able to get borders around those WA Icons ?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFella View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/bkOCh

Do you guys have any idea how he is able to get borders around those WA Icons ?
    Masque and the skin looks like Masque:Caith. use Ask it! UI/Mods Edition next time ^_^

hey there!
    so, I got this macro from when I played my shadow priest back in cataclysm:

Code:
    /run SetCVar("TargetNearestDistance", "700")
    /targetenemy
    /cast [spell name]
    /run SetCVar("TargetNearestDistance", "200")
    the thing is I would like to use it on my warlock to lazy multidot, but it would be better if I could put a mod key in it so it only do de changing target thing when the key is pressed. I gave a shot at /run [mod:shift] SetCVar... but it doesn't work.
    is it possible to make it happen?
    thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Teodas View Post
    hey there!
    so, I got this macro from when I played my shadow priest back in cataclysm:

Code:
    /targetenemy
    /cast [spell name]
    the thing is I would like to use it on my warlock to lazy multidot, but it would be better if I could put a mod key in it so it only do de changing target thing when the key is pressed. I gave a shot at /run [mod:shift] SetCVar... but it doesn't work.
    is it possible to make it happen?
    thanks in advance!
    Try putting /stopmacro [nomod:shift] at the top.

TY so much!!
    It worked like this:
    Code:
    /cast [nomod:alt] Agony
    /stopmacro [nomod:alt]
    /targetenemy
    /cast Agony
    somehow shift wasnt working..
    thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Teodas View Post
    somehow shift wasnt working..
    What key is your macro on? Do you have something assigned to shift-key? Let's say your macro is on E and you have your demonic portal on shift-E. The game will prioritize the demonic portal instead of the macro's shift mod. If you had something assigned to alt-E, the macro you have now wouldn't have worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to make a macro only work when I'm not casting?
    Playing on my druid, pressing Solar beam interrupts spellcasts, which can be quite annoying on longer casts

It was bound to my 1 key.. however shift + 1 is by default bound with the main actionbar page change... the thing is because I use bartender, there is no page changing happenig, so it wasnt very obvious to see at first, only when I went to look for it.