Thread: New BG

New BG

This new battleground Gil'neas or whatever its called, does the capture points seem a bit ally favored? Two of the three seem alot closer to allies than horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    looking at the screenshot, it looks like it does favor alliance greatly.

i knew before that they were rebuilding wsg but now ab? if they end up removing the originals, ill be upset.

I thought it favoured horde.

Mines is the clear first cap for horde, and looka much closer than lighthouse or waterworks. To me it looks like lighthouse would be first cap for ally.

Then look at GY placement. Mines GY is much closer than ligthouse GY, making cap of waterworks easier via the little backdoor path.

The hill choke point mentioned as being a key strategic position, looks to be more accessible to the horde starting point. If it turns out to be that important..advantage horde.

What is not on the zone map is where the "flags" are for capture points. IN the end they all may be just as far apart for both sides. I doubt with all the BG whining about imbalance and starting points...Blizz would purposely give one side an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by bkt86 View Post
    This new battleground Gil'neas or whatever its called, does the capture points seem a bit ally favored? Two of the three seem alot closer to allies than horde?
    yes because all battlefields are the same never in battle has 1 side held the advantage right?
    tired of blizzard making everything even

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    yes because all battlefields are the same never in battle has 1 side held the advantage right?
    tired of blizzard making everything even
    it has to be even...no one's going to queue for a bg that they lose 90% of the time because of map layout. use your brain.

If alliance spawns at the western part of their base and the flag of the waterworks is at the central/northern part of it then the distances look equal. This BG looks disappointing tbh, it's basically AB cut in half. Way less space/bases = more mindlessly bashing the opposing team and less tactical play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    it has to be even...no one's going to queue for a bg that they lose 90% of the time because of map layout. use your brain.
    /quit if you are that fucking bad...

Deleted
    has this been tested yet on the Beta?

Which races is it based around? Worgen obviously and Goblin I guess?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually prefer for them to reuse a old and good concept and put a new design on it, rather than inventing "awesome" new techniques like they did in the WotLK BGs...

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Worgen and Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Worgen vs Forsaken
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    i know several people who would do it just because the enemy has an advantage it makes the win so much more rewarding and ppl did av untill some fucking titty baby cried over our cave and had to make everything perfectly even

Quote Originally Posted by Cricke View Post
    /quit if you are that fucking bad...
    there is a difference of beeing bad and loosing to one with a head start.

Are you bad if you can run faster then X on 100 meters but X gets a 50m head start and you loose even if you run faster?

I havent got into depth with this BG so I cant comment if its un-even or not. But I cant resist on responding to retarded comments

i dont normally see anyone complain when alliance hop the fence in ab and cap 1-2 flags they just get pissed and say lets kick their cheatin asses and then we normally end up winning just to prove we can beat them alliance without the advantage