Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    AB has always been my absolute favorite BG. I'm thrilled there'll be a new BG with similar mechanics.

I think it'll be awesome, personally. Besides, you can only have so many types of ideas for battlegrounds. A change of scenery is always appreciated.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

AB and WSG are the best imo, new sceneries for the same objectives is more than welcome.
    " 'A real man makes his own luck.' - Billy Zane, Titanic " - Dwight K. Schrute

so it's gona be called BFG, sorry but whenever i see that all i think of is that movie, bfg (big friendly giant)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for new direction but lest we forget:
    SotA

Strand of the Ancients

*shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Power20 View Post
    Why wont they make a map where the only objective is to kill each other >_> is it to much to ask for?
    Yeah, why not make one... oh... wait, it already exists!

It's called "Arena"!

I couldn't be happier with new versions of AB and WSG. I don't think many people are begging for new Strand of the Ancients or Isle of Conquest Maps.

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    The title says it. Aren't we bored of AB to tears already? I understand - new landscape and names everywhere - but the principle is exactly the same, 1:1 copy, WHY? No new ideas? I refuse to believe it.
    I think they should have just used the standard PvP strategy. Create 1 rules set that can be used on many maps. I don't understand why each map has to be unique.

You'd get less complaining over maps since people could play the game they want to and not have to do the same map all the time.

Having said that, PvP in MMOs doesn't make a lot of sense because of the gear imbalances. The only motivation has always been a gear grind rather than actually performing and winning in PvP.

I'm all for new bgs, the only problems I have with this new bg is (1) with so few bases, this bg pretty much zerg friendly, requiring no strategy, and (2) the fact that we aren't getting a more urban warfare bg like they promised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    I think it'll be awesome, personally. Besides, you can only have so many types of ideas for battlegrounds. A change of scenery is always appreciated.
    I agree completely. Look at the reactions to IoC and SotA - most people hate them. A redone AB in a different setting is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    so it's gona be called BFG, sorry but whenever i see that all i think of is that movie, bfg (big friendly giant)
    Whenever I see BFG I think about the PC game DOOM. :-)

My only problem with doing 10s was that I wouldn't get to do AB, now I get to. Capture points have always been my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcyz View Post
    Whenever I see BFG I think about the PC game DOOM. :-)
    I feel old, knowing that Doom has to be specified as a PC game.

Quote Originally Posted by hightides24 View Post
    Am I the only one that's never bored with AB... ever? From what i can see, I'm gonna enjoy BFG. Besides, I'm scared of change.
    I LOL'ed at "BFG".

Technically EotS is a zone control map as well, with a CTF element. You find the same play mechanism available in Halo, TF/TF2, and others. So yes, the play will be similar - you'll be trying to take and control zones to accumulate resources. You're still gonna have the same set of abilities as you normally do.

But:
    • 3 control points instead of 5 will concentrate the fighting.
    • A specific, non-control-point choke point (The Overlook) will further concentrate fighting.
    • 10 per side will make a win more dependent on everyone pulling their weight. This might not be as good a thing without better means of eliminating AFKs.

Sounds like this will be much more of a rolling skirmish than AB.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    New scenery is good enough for me. I'm just disappointed that we're not getting our Gilneas City urban warfare BG. :P
    Argh.... wonderful moments I've spent at WAR's zone, Praag (http://warhammer.gamepressure.com/map.asp?ID=105). I love urban fights. I was hoping to fight at narrow alleys etc, but... yhh.

And about topic itself: I think that AB and WSG are two, best BGs in WoW. I'm looking forward to Battle for Gilneas and Twin Peaks. They are (as it looks at screenshots) not so big, and that can guarantee intense fight, not runnin around and searching your enemy.
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand

Because AB is fantastic

They could put six different ABs in and I would not complain.
    At the very least, it's better than SOTA
    Last edited by thecomicrelief; 2010-09-17 at 12:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    The title says it. Aren't we bored of AB to tears already? I understand - new landscape and names everywhere - but the principle is exactly the same, 1:1 copy, WHY? No new ideas? I refuse to believe it.
    If you don't like it, I suggest you start throwing out your ideas instead of just bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I feel old, knowing that Doom has to be specified as a PC game.
    I knew as soon as I just said "DOOM" I'd either get "wtf is that?" or "oh yeah I saw that movie!" replies. Felt I should specify on the front end.

I thought PvP had it's own forum?

I personally enjoy ab so im all down with it the only BG i really dislike is ancients that place is stupid and u get it every other random BG que