Deleted

Question SW Portal in cata

So, I'm not sure if this has been asked before, I can't imagine otherwise, but couldn't find anything in the search engine.
    If there is another thread and you can find it, just link it

But here goes: The instance portal behind gates in Stormwind City right? The one you can't enter. Well is there anything new in that area in Cataclysm? I know it was supposed to be an instance in vanilla beta, but has it been deleted in cata?

Cheers, the hobbit.

As in the one that's still there from alpha? Wasn't it the spot they were going to drop in player housing (but then was abandoned?).

OT, pretty sure that the portal is being removed (bluepost?)

Late. sorry. cbf proper typing

Deleted
    Technically you can get behind it from under stormwind. Theres nothing there though, just a gatehouse thing like by the canals with a fall-to-your-death hole at either end.

Deleted
    Yeah all right. I was just tabbing through a random thread today which mentioned an early alpha/beta map of "the instance in Stormwind that never got launched" and 2 days ago I walked past it inside the game.
    I've been looking at one of the vids from Stormwind in Cata, but I can't seem to find that spot

It was between Trade and Old districts, right? It's gone, it's a fountain now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    Yep, big lion figurehead now.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Deleted
    Yep it was, and thanks for the info Guess they finally dropped their idea of another instance there.

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    Yep it was, and thanks for the info Guess they finally dropped their idea of another instance there.
    That was player housing.

The tower in Stormwind is The Vault. Basically, Stockades 2: Hyper Fighting Edition. I imagine it wasn't put in because of difficulty of Horde reaching it. Same reason that Stockades has no gear.

Ignore the fact that RFC has blues, mind you.