Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why are so many tanks so unsocial ?

I wonder why some tanks behaive so unsocial?

maybe it's just my realm. But me as a tank wonders why ome tanks don't know the meaning of teamplay.
    My Raidleader set me to be maintank. I have to pull everything and tank every boss in main place. My offtanks ( Pally Pally Druid Dk ) are all behaiving so non raidable. they taunt every mob i tank even bosses. i don't know why they act so but i let them do what they want , less work for me at all. but i think its a non raid behaivior. in a 5 man dungeon its ok to taunt every mob away from everybody, but in a raid?

two examples:

1. lord marrowgar after bonestorm the offtanks , both , taunt him. regardles where they stand so some wipes were caused by them because they taunt him while standing in front of the raid...

2. pleageworks the first trash mobs there. we usualy do them like one pally is holding all the geists and the scientists and i pick the big two exploding guys out and tank them apart. actually the pally tauts everything he can get but not realy tanks the whole mess of mobs. so some dps and healers get aggro from the geists and die because im trieng to get my two mobs back.

so my question is why do the tanks behaive so unsocial ?

( sorry for bad spelling its early in the morning and the coffeemachine is broken -.- )

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you talking about 'tanks' as a single unit? It's like asking, why are all hunters noobs? Why are all healers women? Why are all Norwegians living in igloos?

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be that they're just bad tanks to be completely honest. I've seen a lot of tanks of all kinds of specs that macro taunt to just about every other button simply because they can. It's something bad tanks just do because they have threat problems for one reason or another (I've seen a lot of DKs and nub pally tanks do this). I tank myself and the only time I might taunt off one of the other tanks is simply because that's just what mobs got hit by the still wonky-mechanic Righteous Defense. Though that's only for trash. OT's that taunt bosses are just bad tanks.

I don't know why you behave so unsocial. I don't think the cataclysm forums know either.

I think you just have bad off tanks.

Yeah, must be just your realm. Just sounds like those guys don't know the encounters.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried, I dunno, talking to them about it? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    This is almost leaning towards becoming a poll if you think about it. Haha. *clicks bad tanks* option.

If they're guild tanks then kick them, because tanking is about team work. If you're PuGing, then there's unsocial people in every class. Unsocial tanks that don't listen to tactics should be replaced.

As for your points:

1. Makes sure the tanks know who the MT is and what tactics you are using. Some tanks always bring the boss back to the same spot, some go where Marrow is last. If you're using different tactics the tanks get messy.

2. Did you define that tactic before doing it. When I clear that pull: we pull the 2 aboms without the rest of the pack, kill them; pull all the other guys together and raid mark the exploding horrors for death. If your tanks don't know what tactics you are using its no wonder it gets messy with taunts.

your off tanks are bad raiders, if they're behaving that way.

If they other 24 people in raid would learn how to play their class and do anything other then watch meters then tanks would be a lot more friendly. I can't wait for Cata where DPS won't be allowed to just spam AoE any more.

Maybe you are losing aggro, maybe it's because OTanking is bloody boring! Sounds like people don't trust you, don't trust you to taunt after Bonestorm, don't trust you to keep high aggro etc

Deleted
    first of all , can somebody please move this post to the right forum ( brain afk while posting -.- )

i talk to the tanks very very much ... i' mthe most talkin person in our raid btw some people hate me for talking so much

every time some otehr tank taunts a mob away i ask him/her ask my raidleady ask my girlfried (who is also a maintank in another raid) why are they doing so ? nobody knows why even the offtank doenst know -.-

replacing is not so easy since there are realy realy few tanks on ourt realm exspecialy icc 25 hc geared tanks.

sometimes it goes without a problem, the tries i give advices on each step the ot has to do... but it cant be that i have to pray them every key they have to press

edit:
    they do trust me. they know me to have ah hughe knowlage about wow an mechanisms and bossfights and tactics thats not the problem.
    and its no aggro issue i stand right he left and the mob runs from me over to him, must be a taunt^^
    Last edited by mmoc34b03de7f7; 2010-09-17 at 08:40 AM.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

The World (of Warcraft) will never know...

Why is this on the cata forum again?
    Is the answer to the Question...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata's going to be a nightmare for everyone initially. The meter worshipers will cry because they have to manage their threat, tanks are going to get annoyed at the reduced threat production and the dps that wants to do nothing but spam and not watch their threat still (but then get a laugh as they die), and healers are going to be ripping their hair out because they can't just spam heals anymore. Everyone ready for the trip back vanilla-style player skill reqs? Audios casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    Maybe you are losing aggro, maybe it's because OTanking is bloody boring! Sounds like people don't trust you, don't trust you to taunt after Bonestorm, don't trust you to keep high aggro etc
    You don't need to taunt after Bonestorm anymore btw. Blizz made it so it doesn't reset aggro a long time ago. Like its been stated numerous times, bad OT's taunt bosses off the MT and should be replaced. Simple as that. If they're pulling because their threat gen is higher or they're just getting lucky crits, then they need to stop using abilities and just auto attack. Go make a sandwich or something in the mean time.

During bonestorm, you also don't need to be taunting during that to make him go the direction you want him/her to. I'm not sure if it's just how the mechanic works or it's some minor bug, but 95% of the time Marrow will go to the person that's farthest away from his current point. Or at least that's been my experience.
    Last edited by Celerun; 2010-09-17 at 08:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed there's a subset of tanks who think being an "offtank" is an insult, they want to be the MAIN TANK. So they taunt off you, even if you have better gear, or more health, or more experience, or better TPS.

It gets really frustrating when you get a taunthappy second tank. For example, that boss in VOA where you have to swap taunts because of the debuff stack (don't know the name, I do VOA once in a blue moon) I had the other tank taunting off me every time I taunted because he had four stacks. Needless to say, we wiped, and he blamed my "terrible threat" because he "never taunted, I just out-threated it off you." Even though Taunt forces the target to attack me for six seconds and it immediately went back to him. Yeah :|

In short, they're bad tanks who want to be the star of the show and center of attention.

OT - Tanks are probably quiet because they are concentrating on generating threat and trying to stay in range of healers (good healers move with the tanks not wait for them to run back into range). At present many DPS classes thanks to large amounts of haste have an autoshot/auto swing as one of thier main sources of DPS or have 2-6 buttons which are spammed on rotation. Most good tanks use every ability they can to ease the healers work load and increase the DPS'es output if they can. You dont have time to type in chat its not that they are anti-social its that you don't just have to try to keep yourself alive as a tank you are trying to keep everyone alive (especially if there are adds in boss fights). The excuse 'bad tank' isn't always a valid one as it could be applied to anyone who don't decurse/debuff making everyone elses job harder. A good raid group has a team of people all with a job to do to boost the whole raid groups healing/tanking/Damage abilities not just their own.

Back on topic
    Sounds like you need to sort out who does what with your fellow tanks seems your not doing your job as MT and telling them what they shoudl be doing or they are not listening either way try pulling smaller groups and moving them out of the way of the patrols most ICC25 trash can be done with 2-3 tanks now and from the sound of it you have like 4 off tanks which is really way to much for my liking.
    Last edited by Daffy101; 2010-09-17 at 08:55 AM.

I think this troll (the OP) just derailed the Fail Train.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Deleted
    You have bad OTs

Quote Originally Posted by Celerun View Post
    Cata's going to be a nightmare for everyone initially. The meter worshipers will cry because they have to manage their threat, tanks are going to get annoyed at the reduced threat production and the dps that wants to do nothing but spam and not watch their threat still (but then get a laugh as they die), and healers are going to be ripping their hair out because they can't just spam heals anymore. Everyone ready for the trip back vanilla-style player skill reqs? Audios casuals.
    So true. I found great humor when a tank friend of mine, on the ptr realms, was crying that his group kept wiping on WotLK heroics. The humor of course coming from the week previous. When, he was saying he was going to switch back to dps. He said tanking was so boring because it was so easy.
    Is the answer to the Question...