Poll: Do you like Earthquake?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Earthquake is probably the most Iconic spell of the farseer from WCIII and was long awaited by shamans. The single target elemental rotation is already interesting and does not need additional spells. Earthquake has immense CC potential on any BG bottleneck situation. It's AoE Damage is acceptable for cases where such AoE will be required which is unlikely in 5mans but certain to occur at least in some boss fights (many whelps, handle it!). Also what are you weighing the 1 point Earthquake would use against?
    Earthquake has been long awaited! But not like this, it sucks. What bottle necks are you talking about, the bridge when alliance are defending it? The ability simply put is useless in bosses and 95% of pvp situations, and likely to be useless on even trash if blizz sticks to their guns with CC.

Ele Shaman don't need another situational talent like T-storm (which has massive use in pvp), they need something useful like every other spec has. That 10% proc is almost nothing, it needs to be at least 30% for it to be worth while, it's only one second after all.

Finally giving us earthquake and then making it inferior to the options of every other class is just another example blizzard leaving shaman an expansion behind.

15+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, Earthquake was also kinda useless in the RTS. i guess it was good for slowing down huge batches of enemies and then using splash damage on them to destroy them, but other than an escape or slowing mechanism, it was only really good for doing massive amounts of damage to buildings.

you could practically level someone's base with that spell.

My big issue with it is that the current setup says:

If you have one target, use your rotation.
    If you have 2-3 targets, use chain lightning in your rotation.
    If you have >3 targets, use Earthquake.

This seems like a really narrow gap to use either spell. If I become lazy (as many of us are with current heroics), I just say screw it and use earthquake on >1 target. Unless damage is significantly greater with CL than earthquake, why use something different? I also don't understand why they would lower the cooldown on Chain Lightning to make it more attractive, then give us a different AE to use. Chain Lightning is a pretty identifying spell with shaman lore. One of the major reasons I looove ele sham is proccing Lightning Overload with Chain Lightning.

I don't see much use in PvP besides chokepoint battles. The knockdown mechanic is too RNG to be of any reliable use. Best use for that for us in PvP is getting hunters out of Camo without having to run up to them and drop a totem...

I'd like to see this on a cast time + cooldown, maybe similar to DnD. Another idea was to make it ground target, similar to a hunter trap or Wild Mushroom. I think it needs to work WITH other forms of AE rather than replace them.
    Last edited by mnyeh; 2010-09-18 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    What?

Yes, base mana jumps as hell.

Why exactly would I make these numbers up, when there are other betatesters, who could obviously come and make me look like a liar?

http://img696.imageshack.us/f/shambasehpmana.jpg/
    http://img710.imageshack.us/i/shambasehpmana2.jpg/
    http://img801.imageshack.us/i/shambasehpmana3.jpg/

Maybe next time dont jump to conclusions, thank you very much. insane base mana is the main reason why healers will have a much harder time, since their heals jumped in mana too.

edit; almost forgot, in before "your ilevel is 293 you liar!"
    http://img36.imageshack.us/i/ilevelwut.jpg/

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 12:57 PM ----------

It has not. its 10%. You know whats 10%? thats same 10% like to hit rogue with spells while he is in CloS. How many times did you actually had such a luck to fire a spell through his CloS? not to mention for example twice in a row? 10% is garbage.
    I stand corrected. I had a hard time believing that Blizzard would be that retarded to increase base stats over 500% in one expansion. With that being said, EQs use will be more than limited considering you lose 1/4 of your mana every channel, not looking forward to it.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    First of all, let's keep this thread devoid of flamewars saying that it's good or bad.

It's extremely good when you actually have to randomly interrupt a group of very tightly clustered casters at range while not killing them through damage that use extremely long casted spells and no other melees can interrupt them.

Oh wait... that sucks.
    Last edited by Baabinator; 2010-09-18 at 09:31 PM.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

honestly id be happy if they made eq baseline removing the knockdown and giving us a new 31 pt talent

Quote Originally Posted by Mavromoeny View Post
    Use mind sear for interrupts, this is a stable aoe spell, like blizzard, hurricane etc, its only has a side effect. and about the mana, its 60% base mana ATM, blizzard has 70% and hurricane 81%. so don't QQ about the mana cost
    my moonkin's hurricane costs almost 15k ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Shamzeus View Post
    honestly id be happy if they made eq baseline removing the knockdown and giving us a new 31 pt talent
    Yes.

Sig by Visenna

Quote Originally Posted by Shamzeus View Post
    That'd be ideal, but dream on...Blizz hasn't addressed all the Earthquake QQ yet, and seem like they're sticking with it despite all the negative opinions about it.

Unfortunately that's the point. They tend to listen to 'good feedback' compared to 'a whole bunch of bitching'. Most people bitch. It's just a natural thing to do when upset.

The problem is that shamans are just so happy to have a channeled AoE that they are ignoring the glaring problem...it's not worthy of a 31-point talent spot, plain and simple. A 31-point ability shouldn't go unused for 99% of WoW's content.

We're not upset with having a range aoe, we're upset with having a range aoe we have to talent and isn't helpful in most boss fights. I'll gladly take it atm, and with our changes to our current single target rotation, we'll have to see if it'll even out or not. If numbers even out I think ppl will enjoy EQ more cuz we wouldn't need a raid 31 talent pt. to make ourselfs more so equal to other dps classes. A pure dps class will come out on top of a hybrid, though other hybrids are doing top dps, is what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    I've ran into far more stupid players.

OP, you'll never win in an argument with trolls/idiots/ret paladins/etc. etc. The best you can ever do is ignore it, or leave the group
    lol, ret paladins

Quote Originally Posted by brokeasamug View Post
    We're not upset with having a range aoe, we're upset with having a range aoe we have to talent and isn't helpful in most boss fights. I'll gladly take it atm, and with our changes to our current single target rotation, we'll have to see if it'll even out or not. If numbers even out I think ppl will enjoy EQ more cuz we wouldn't need a raid 31 talent pt. to make ourselfs more so equal to other dps classes. A pure dps class will come out on top of a hybrid, though other hybrids are doing top dps, is what I think.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the "hybrid tax" was originally implemented because hybrids were able to bring something else to the raid (usually buffs) that pure dps did not bring. So if they did the same damage, hybrids would have been more wanted than pure dps.

Now that they are consolidating buffs, I believe they are removing this "hybrid tax," and so every class should do equalish damage if they get their numbers right.

Slightly modifying msdos's idea:

Earthquake - You cause the earth at the target location to tremble and break, dealing X damage every 1 sec to enemies in an 8 yd radius. Lasts 8 secs. If Earthquake is channeled for the full duration it will spawn 3 lesser earth elementals at the epicenter.

Glyph of Searing - Your Searing Totem critical strikes have a X% chance to spawn a lesser fire elemental at the center of the target. Only 3 lesser fire elementals can be active at the same time.

Get rid of the rng knockdown
    give it like a 100% knockdown at the start and then continue to do dmg over 10 secs as normal
    just anything thats realiable