Poll: Which Warrior main spec will you play in Cata?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When my warrior was below 60, i went Arms because duel wielding 1H's sounded weird, and now that im fury at 80 and cata is around, i feel like using Arms again to test out my old rotation, i loved prot too, but getting gear is a chore so overall, i WANT to do prot, but it's too time consuming to get prepared

Fury/Prot, as i am the guild's third tank, and go prot on the encounters that require 3

Not sure, I've played prot since vanilla but looking at the stam on tank gear relative to other gear I may switch to arms and use prot as an offspec.

I never got a wrrior past lvl 45 before, don't ask me why. I do have a pally, druid and dk at 80 now, and I've decided that i really enjoy melee DPS and tanking. So, my plans for cata is to roll a worgen warrior(don't be hatin, most of you will roll worgen too, just to see what they're like to play) and plan to go Furry, errrr...Fury. I saw a screeenshot of a worgen warrior dual wielding axes and that did it for me. Pure badassery right there. Eventually I'll dual spec him to prot, but i want to level up questing, to see how they changed it all. Especially Ashenvale, I hated that place when leveling my druid.
    But there's not a single buff in there that will make Puggy McGee do any less than UberGuildMaster Joe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms & prot

Same as through Wotlk, MS Fury - OS Prot

Deleted
    Fury , i suck as tank and i admit that.
    I'm not going to drag other people down for faster queue times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot /Dps(what ever is higher)

I will be MT for my guild so should be prot the entire expansion, I enjoy tanking more than dps but due to me also liking meter whoring as fury (I rolled a warrior because "they are top dps late game") I fell behind in gear and as many of you will know if your not a MT early in expansion it is very hard to get into a guild with established tanks as tanks seem to be one of the things guilds keep for longer than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been prot since vanilla. =) It's always good playing a spec that doesn't get everything handed to them.

Fury/Fury probably. Might be Arms at the start of the expansion, depending on the dps output.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been Protection for 5 years now, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

If they make it work for PvE... most definitely Arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

After Ulduar I was Arms for both PvE and PvP, in Cata I'll definately go fury for PvE, but Arms is still probably going to be better for PvP. Never really have tanked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maro View Post
    Both Fury and Protection, and will switch to my liking. Arms never attracted me tbh.
    ^ this

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 03:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aggronought View Post
    Fury/Fury probably. Might be Arms at the start of the expansion, depending on the dps output.
    You will probably be better off as arms/ prot for levelling unless they do some major changes to numbers for fury.

15+ Year Old Account
    my main has been a shaman for forever now, i think i'm ready to take on the tank role.

i've kinda been waiting. i'm a patient person, but i think tanking is going to be pretty interesting in Cata.

i remember in Vanilla you only really AOE tanked stuff in emergencies and when you did AOE tank, you literally tanked the mobs forever and no one was meant to DPS them, so there was no -serious- fear of losing aggro (Fankriss and Panther in ZG to name a couple).
    but in BC i remember thinking, "wow, tanking is getting pretty cheesy now" when paladins had more demand and were generally more efficient at AOE tanking than warriors.
    then in Wrath, the game became completely AOE tank-fest, especially with DKs stepping in; it's almost like warriors got a slap in the face, punished for playing a warrior, if you will.

seems like Cata is trying harder to meet the demands of the Warrior player-base and they've been excluded from the AOE-fest for a long time now.

i'll play prot/prot at first, then most likely switch to arms to PVP with later on.

prot for pvp and tanking.

Deleted
    Arms and Fury PVE

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms, I really like this spec, it's going to be my primary spec in cata too
    Love my blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    Now that's a troll, Vol'jin could ghost Jesus without God noticing, he's a shadow's shadow.
    Vol'jin for Warchief 2010

Fury probs, but i'll see if Arms is any good as well, overise, Fury + prot.

I always was a fury guy, but now seeing how much cool shit arms gets...arms for sure! Arms looks more "Vanilary"