Poll: Which Mage main spec will you play in Cata?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Arcane for leveling and whichever spec is the highest dps for raiding. Fire will probably be the most fun to raid with though imo.

Dude·face
    –noun
    1. Random person of unknown identity.
    a: "I had a great dream last night."
    b: "I couldn't care less, go tell dudeface over there."

Definitely Fire. I miss being Fire. In fact, I might even spec Fire before 4.0 comes out even though my gear probably isn't suited for it. I just prefer the spec.
    Although I will miss using Frostfire Bolt... I love that spell. It's what I used until 3.3.

Deleted
    If only frost could rise to the occasion and be the best dps spec for PvE in Cata... or atleast some encounters where it would be better than the other specs! Create some diversity and so on. ;>

Gonna play the spec that gives me top dmg. Since i'm not in beta, you'll have to wait till release for my answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardod View Post
    Gonna play the spec that gives me top dmg.
    Even if the top damage spec is boring like hell? :/

Fun > Dmg, for me. So i'll go where the fun is. <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Fire all the way. Of course, this depends on what the other specs will be like with DPS and damage done, but I prefer Fire over the other specs.

I'll most likely go Frost for leveling, since that's the easiest way to level. Decent damage, fast casts, but especially the slow on your main ability is what makes me love Frost for leveling. Now with being able to have a permanent Water Elemental, it should be even better.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirash View Post
    Fire. \o/
    Also, big balls. Everybody likes big balls.
    Fixed.

Edit: Oh yeah, voted fire, because it's hot. Dwarf Mages, mmmmm, juicy!
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2010-09-20 at 12:12 PM. Reason: The heat

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire
    They're buffing it up
    Probably will have more DPS than arcane.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing about fire....I really hope they change Pyroblast's mew animation. Looks like glittery sparks fly out of your hands each time you cast it.
    BfA Beta Time

Kill it with fire.

Enough said.

Edit: First part of my sig somewhat gets my thoughts across :P
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire <.<

15+ Year Old Account
    I really want to go fire, even though it makes more sense to try them all out. I'll be fire and arcane and switch between them at 85 to see which one I like more for doing heroics.

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    One thing about fire....I really hope they change Pyroblast's mew animation. Looks like glittery sparks fly out of your hands each time you cast it.
    Oh, but we like glittery sparks. We should shoot sparkle ponies. Flaming, sparkly unicorns that whisper "Always..." as they shoot towards your target. >.<
    For the Alliance!

If I can a choose I will be Frostfirebolt (voted Fire), with a Frost offspec. These are my two favorite ones, and I really dislike Arcane. Fire is fine, it's basically the same as Frostfirebolt. Obviously if one spec will be superior to the others in terms of dps, I will have to use that.

I voted fire as an end game spec but as far as leveling goes it will most likely be frost.

Frost made it so much easier in comparison to the other 2 builds.