Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    there's a reason all the trainers are hiding. just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    I'm proving a point Eredar can hide around also lol like them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourty-two View Post
    A eredar infiltrating the draenei in a plot to kill them all doesn't mean the eredar would ever join the Alliance.
    Did not make my point due to sleepiness. Point is that you cant say "oh the eredar wont join the allys" because they could very simply rebel from the Burning Legion to rejoin their Draenei brethren Nelf Mage style. And thus you have draenei warlock trainers.

Not saying I want it because it would seem half-assed just to balance out races but...Blizz could pull it off

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to have to call trollin' on this thread. Contradictions left and right by the OP being the biggest giveaway. The other being
    Then explain the other allaince locks are they alli remember using warlock magic is illegal in the Alliance then explain those twilight cultists in Ironforge Forlorn Caverns.
    If you read the lore about warlocks, they are not welcome in the Alliance. Or in the Horde for that matter. The two factions only allow them entry due to the drastic time of need throughout the game. If all were peaceful, there would be a separate faction consisting of only warlocks more than likely.

Oh and OT, Draenei warlock = no. Reread the draenei lore. It tells exactly why they can't, aren't, and never will be warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

Quote Originally Posted by SanguinHunt View Post
    Then explain the other allaince locks are they alli remember using warlock magic is illegal in the Alliance then explain those twilight cultists in Ironforge Forlorn Caverns. Another thing to add The dragonmaw are rejoining the Horde with a few Fel rocs now what the heck is that!
    This doesn't make any sense trying to prove that the draenei could become warlocks...

Both the Horde and the Alliance allow people to use fel magic; they might not like it, but warlocks are powerful allies so they allow it. It is not illegal.

And what do the Twilight Cultists in Ironforge and Undercity have to do with anything?
    Is the answer to the Question...

Dwarf lox makes even less sense if you ask me.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

10+ Year Old Account
    A dwarf lock does makes sense the Twilight cultists imo lol or the Dark iron....

Quote Originally Posted by Addamus View Post
    I'm going to have to call trollin' on this thread. Contradictions left and right by the OP being the biggest giveaway.
    Of course its a troll. Anyone that knows anything about lore could pick that up. I'm just posting because im bored, and i like to argue.

the Draenei WERE once part of the eredar, BUT!!!!!! that was BEFORE the eradar was demonic. Veleen and a group of eredar left (draenei means exiled) These group of eredar, the draenei are really in tune to the light, and shun must demotic stuff. that is why. Though they were going to be warlocks in bc beta, but i guess blizzard released how silly it was or something. (and before anyone asks the eredar used to look like draenei but when given demonic powers they turned big and red like that, like the hoofed goat guys used to be night elfs. and while were at it the broken are draenei that forsaked the light. proof? watch the black temple trailer. )

Despite the fact this was probably a troll thread, I still think Warlocks could be a fun addition for Draenei.

Considering the huge threat the Legion still poses both for the Draenei and the rest of Azeroth, I could certainly see a group of Draenei purposely taking up the darker arts to try and understand their enemy and find out their vulnerabilities. They could be sanctioned by Velen and watched over closely by the Vindicators.

It'd be a slightly unique take on a playable Warlock, one who delves into darkness in order to protect the light. He could still be a holy warrior, simply one who feels he has been forced to take desperate measures because of desperate circumstances.

It should also be noted in regards to the bit about the Broken that the Man'ari Eredar who practiced the Fel were not transformed into Broken. Because of this, perhaps there is some way using knowledge of the Fel itself to halt such a transformation for the playable Draenei Warlocks, and I think you could then even go one step further and develop interesting plot lines in which the Draenei Warlocks actually manipulate the Fel to help cure the Broken of their horrible mutations

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SanguinHunt View Post
    I'm proving a point Eredar can hide around also lol like them!!
    ya, but it just seems weird. like a tauren with a pet cow, or a worgen hunter with a pet wolf. why would something like an Eredar enslave its own kind and force them to do their bidding. Its not exactly the legion where they have superiority based on rank or whatever, Warlocks dominate the demons will.

at least I think
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Critterbot View Post
    Dwarf lox makes even less sense if you ask me.
    The dwarf warlocks are coming in threw the Dark Irons. It would seem that since Cata the dark iron dwarves are split politically. Half follow their Empress to IF and the other half remain with the Twilight cultists.

Obvious:

Is obvious.
    Meanwhile, in Finland...

Only if they had RED SKIN and they were somehow a rogue faction.... i would SOOOOO freakin play Draenei if the dude looked like Jaraxxus

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    Despite the fact this was probably a troll thread, I still think Warlocks could be a fun addition for Draenei.

Considering the huge threat the Legion still poses both for the Draenei and the rest of Azeroth, I could certainly see a group of Draenei purposely taking up the darker arts to try and understand their enemy and find out their vulnerabilities. They could be sanctioned by Velen and watched over closely by the Vindicators.

It'd be a slightly unique take on a playable Warlock, one who delves into darkness in order to protect the light. He could still be a holy warrior, simply one who feels he has been forced to take desperate measures because of desperate circumstances.

It should also be noted in regards to the bit about the Broken that the Man'ari Eredar who practiced the Fel were not transformed into Broken. Because of this, perhaps there is some way using knowledge of the Fel itself to halt such a transformation for the playable Draenei Warlocks, and I think you could then even go one step further and develop interesting plot lines in which the Draenei Warlocks actually manipulate the Fel to help cure the Broken of their horrible mutations
    The Draenei only turn into broken because they have grow relient on the Light. They are kinda like the Blood Elves and the Sunwell in that regard. You take away their source of magic and they turn into wretched/broken.

I think every race should get to be everything... but that's just me valuing gameplay over teh loers.

There lock humans and night elf mages who says Velen wouldn't bring a few in to redeem them like he did the blood elfs lols.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei don't need another goddamn class, they are such a weird race would do not need Knak to hit this subject again, Burning crusade is over let it die, I say the Draenei should just be forgotten, I am currently neutral on their stand, they are a little bit of lore rape, and then they had some holy crap going on so they don't piss me off but going "We are now druids! and Warlocks!" no. I don't want to hate the Draenei like I hate the blood elves, and deathknights, they are the only expansion race/class I don't care for, and first of all Draenei warlocks are self defeating, a race of blessed people who escaped the terrors of a denomic enemy, using denomic energy. A warlock would not be allowed to have left the Exodar crash site without their heads chopped off, and as for the whole "We are druids" we have an equal amount of druids, and night elves influencing them so quickly shows them as a very shifty people on belief going from the light to shamanism and then Druidism. Imagine a race that can't hold on to their beliefs for a second, Shamans make sense cause they have been on Draenor thousands of years before that happened, and don't say they are just very accepting, that looks like a stupid race that hops on a new type of magic they just happened to sue after three years of seeing it, they don't know much of it yet so no, just no. It takes long long years of training to become a druid, also Draenei have a large class selection so there is nothing they are really missing out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourty-two View Post
    The Draenei only turn into broken because they have grow relient on the Light. They are kinda like the Blood Elves and the Sunwell in that regard. You take away their source of magic and they turn into wretched/broken.
    The only reason any of them can't use the Light is because they've been too infused by Fel energies. A Warlock, who can manipulate Fel energies, might be able to reverse the process.

Despite seeming somewhat trollish, I find some sense in this. People saying "well it's an outcast group, they don't really appear to often", that would work, if Night Elves weren't getting mages...which is considered just as bad as warlocks to Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    there's a reason all the trainers are hiding. just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    What about..the great WILFRED FIZZLEBANG.....(lol, Jaraxxus)