Casting with Weapons?

I have a question for you Beta testers. I was having a gander at videos of the new character creation screen and noticed that when you select a caster, they show a casting animation while they have their weapon unsheathed. I was wondering if this carries over to actual gameplay. I always liked the concept of channeling your spell casting through your staves or spellswords/daggers and what not, and it's always bothered me that you automatically sheath your weapon when casting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be more realistic if Mages and Warlocks shoot (Shadow Bolts/Fireballs ect. ) with their Wands. I saw Lvl 1 Hunters with Polearms as their starting weapon and also saw shoulders and heads for lvl 13. So I demand Warlocks and Mages and Priests get a standard Wand at lvl 1!

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice, but all the other games already do that, and it's not that great to look at. Stabbing air and magically stuff comes out. The Dragonball Z casting is much much cooler.

Video for proof.