Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Possible worgen/goblin transfer right at launch?

Realm First! Level 85 Lost Isles Goblin - First goblin on the realm to achieve level 85 who completed the Lost Isles quest chain.

Realm First! Level 85 Gilnean Worgen - First worgen on the realm to achieve level 85 who completed the Gilneas quest chain.

Why note the quest chain bit, unless they were allowing others to transfer, whom in fact cannot do these quests.. Discuss!

well theres no real reason tos top transfers only objection was for achievements, more cash for the might yacht fund id expect you can meself

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Blizzard saying that they're going to allow race changes right off the bat. But as i've said countless times before don't expect first class service when there's thousands of other people doing the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I noticed that and it seems likely that it will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I remember Blizzard saying that they're going to allow race changes right off the bat. But as i've said countless times before don't expect first class service when there's thousands of other people doing the same thing.
    They said that a year ago, long before this.. Just speculation over the addition of the quest line part of the achievement.

Going Goblin mode as soon as possible. Seriously cannot wait for this game.

Making paid race change available at the start for people to change to goblin/worgen or any of the new race/class combinations. One of the major points of this expansion was for people to start with fresh characters and experience new old world content. Just changing your 80 belf pallie to a tauren or tauren druid to a troll and plunging into Hyjal or Vashj'ir seems self-defeating to me.

But if Blizzard wants to cash in on potential revenue from races changes, that's their business.

I would find it very amusing if "first goblin/worgen to complete starting chain" achievement was a prerequisite for "Realm first level 85 goblin/worgen". Jesus that would piss some people off, but rightly so IMO. Fuck those who want to cut corners. Leave the achievement for people who actually deserve to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeryx View Post
    Going Goblin mode as soon as possible. Seriously cannot wait for this game.
    Likewise. I wasn't looking forward to powerleveling one to 85 to catch up with my guild, but now I can racechange one to do guild work, and casually level another to enjoy the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    Making paid race change available at the start for people to change to goblin/worgen or any of the new race/class combinations. One of the major points of this expansion was for people to start with fresh characters and experience new old world content. Just changing your 80 belf pallie to a tauren or tauren druid to a troll and plunging into Hyjal or Vashj'ir seems self-defeating to me.

But if Blizzard wants to cash in on potential revenue from races changes, that's their business.

I would find it very amusing if "first goblin/worgen to complete starting chain" achievement was a prerequisite for "Realm first level 85 goblin/worgen". Jesus that would piss some people off, but rightly so IMO. Fuck those who want to cut corners. Leave the achievement for people who actually deserve to have it.
    Agreed. I personally don't care about the achieve but I will be starting fresh as a Goblin or Troll Druid.

Do you even read posts before responding or just assume what it's about and throw in your 2 cents? I believe it's shown on the front page as well as the first post that it is required for realm first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand people who want to race change anyway. Missing out on the new revamped world, getting to 85 too early and then sitting in a city 90% of the time

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand people who want to race change anyway. Missing out on the new revamped world, getting to 85 too early and then sitting in a city 90% of the time
    Race change the main for new looks and racials mainly. Other than that, missing out on the new world, doubt it, we'll always have alts. Sitting in a city 90% of the time, sure, but it'll be fun for a few months till you're bored of tears seeing the same ol flying mounts in Ironforge/Stormwind/Thunderbluff/Undercity/Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Do you even read posts before responding or just assume what it's about and throw in your 2 cents?
    EDIT: Ah, sorry I missed the "first to 85 AND to complete starting quest part" my bad on that.

But I don't see how that changes my original arguement much. The straight up "First to 85" achievement should not be available to people who do a paid race change.
    Last edited by willjones410; 2010-09-18 at 08:01 AM.

I kind of gave that reason already but I'll go more into detail

Without racechange, I would either A) Not see new content at all as I'd be pushing to 85 with the guild. B) Powerleveling to get to 85 with a new worgen so I wasn't left behind in said guild and thus ruin the experience, or C) Level my main, while off to the side leveling another alt to enjoy the story.

This way, I get to to C, while being a worgen, while still seeing all the other new content slowly and to enjoy the lore.

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 08:03 AM ----------

EDIT: Ah, sorry I missed the "first to 85 AND to complete starting quest part" my bad on that.

But I don't see how that changes my original arguement much. The straight up "First to 85" achievement should not be available to people who do a paid race change.
    Think you read wrong, there were two achievements, one for goblin and one for worgen. The ONLY realm first for them is if they did the starter quests, which transfers cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Think you read wrong, there were two achievements, one for goblin and one for worgen. The ONLY realm first for them is if they did the starter quests, which transfers cannot do.
    Thanks for the heads up, and that's good to know.

It won't be (as of right now) there hasn't been any achievements added for "Realm First 85 "Race"" up until this build so currently that is the only way to get the realm first for goblins/worgen. By doing the starter chain, which can't be completed by someone doing a PRC, and leveling to 85. Now of course that could all change if in a later build there is just a generic "Realm First! Level 85 Goblin/Worgen" FoS added.

And btw sorry for being so snappy it's late and my coffee supply is running low.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2010-09-18 at 08:11 AM.

Can't wait to have my Worgen army set up, but I would still like to level from 1-85 with one.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Why shouldnt it be avaiable? they are still leveling from 80-85 like all the others lvl 80's battling for the right so in my opinion it should be available

Quote Originally Posted by Encailla View Post
    Why shouldnt it be avaiable? they are still leveling from 80-85 like all the others lvl 80's battling for the right so in my opinion it should be available
    u are just trollin right?
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It won't be (as of right now) there hasn't been any achievements added for "Realm First 85 "Race"" up until this build so currently that is the only way to get the realm first for goblins/worgen. By doing the starter chain, which can't be completed by someone doing a PRC, and leveling to 85. Now of course that could all change if in a later build there is just a generic "Realm First! Level 85 Goblin/Worgen" FoS added.

And btw sorry for being so snappy it's late and my coffee supply is running low.
    No worries at all! I fucked up and misread it so I deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Encailla View Post
    If they wanted to have a "World First to 85" they should have stayed with their original race and leveled that. Is having a level 80 and then changing them to a goblin or a worgen and then getting the achievment fair to those who want to start fresh goblins and worgen? I hope you're not dumb enough to say yes or you're just trolling.

Basically it's the same as paying money in order to try and get an acievement. Hence, would be fuckin' lame.