Latest beta build

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Mage (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arcane
    • Arcane Blast base damage increased by 25%.
    • Arcane Barrage base damage reduced by 8%.
    • Arcane Missiles base damage reduced by 14%.
    • Arcane Power now increases spell cost by 10%, down from 20%.
    • Focus Magic now increases your chance to critically hit with spells when the target critically hits.
    • Arcane Flows now reduces the cooldown of your Presence of Mind, Arcane Power and Invisibility spells by 12/25%. (Down from 15/30%)

Fire
    • Living Bomb base damage increased by 4%.
    • Scorch base damage increased by 10%.
    • Pyroblast base damage increased by 4%.
    • Fireball base damage increased by 4%.
    • Critical Mass now also increases the damage of Living Bomb and Flame Orb spells by 5/10/15%.
    • Combustion now deals critical strike Fire damage.
    • Improved Hot Streak now also has a chance to proc from Pyroblast.
    • Hot Streak now also has a chance to proc from Pyroblast.
    • Impact now also resets the cooldown on Fire Blast when it procs.

Frost
    • Curtain of Frost now slow movement speed by 60%, down from 70%.
    • Cone of Cold now slows movement speed by 60%, up from 50%.
    • Enduring Winter now regenerates 1% of maximum mana over 10 sec. Down from 3% over 15 sec.
    • Brain Freeze - Brain Freeze cannot be triggered by Frostfire Bolt.

Arcane:

Looks like there's a shift between damage sources. AB hits harder which makes AB spam the clear winner for burst phases while AM and Abar are lowered.
    AP got buffed, but wasn't there a glyph that removes the mana increase altogether, which makes the whole change moot.
    I do not see the change in FM, you crit more while the FM target has critted. Didn't it always work like this or is just a tooltip clarification?
    Arcane floes got nerfed a bit.

Fire:

An increase of damage on 4 fire spells which is nice.
    Critical mass finally got a selfish part. More damage on LB/flame orbs is a nice addition.
    Combustion change: they already told that the damage would be a crit.
    Hotstreak got pyroblast back which makes me happy.
    The impact change is nice for PvE but huge for PvP. No need to save Fire blast until impact procs which will increase mobility a bit more.

Frost:

Lower snare on CoF, but a higher one on CoC.
    Replenishment nerf, if it's the same for all others for those who bring the buff, it's not that big a deal. I personally would want to see the whole replenishment removed from all classes while base mana regen gets boosted to compensate.
    Brain freeze "nerf": this ensures that frostbolt will be the filler spell for frost while you react to different procs.
    Last edited by takolin; 2010-09-19 at 04:29 PM.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I already crit for 40,000 on the PTR with cooldownd Arcane Blast with no outside buffs.

This'll be good.

Fire buffed even more? I'll take it. Looks like they really want fire being the raiding spec.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Fire buffed even more? I'll take it. Looks like they really want fire being the raiding spec.
    This patch buffs arcane more than fire. You won't want a rotation with arcane anymore, just as much arcane blast spam as you can manage without OOM-ing yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    This patch buffs arcane more than fire. You won't want a rotation with arcane anymore, just as much arcane blast spam as you can manage without OOM-ing yourself.
    It'll be the same as it is now, really. Though there'll be more mana management with Arcane than there has been in Wrath so you won't be able to spam it as much as you can now.

Fire is looking even tastier than the first announced changes.

i think the changes to arcane are more just swapping it around so that instead of it having a crap load of burst damage on the end of its rotation it now has more sustained damage at the start

15+ Year Old Account
    In any case if, and I mean IF, they were to put in the 10% spellpower buff in the fire tree, the only talent that still has budget for it without being too over the top is Molten Fury.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2010-09-19 at 05:34 PM.
    BfA Beta Time

Thank you Swizzle.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

No big buffs or nerfs for Frost, but I expected that.
    Edit: I think the Curtain of Frost animation got changed again. I can't be sure because I got to 83 today, but it doesn't look like anything I've seen in the videos. It looks more like a big icy storm or something, and everyone inside will really want to get out of there, because it does damage and slow.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-09-19 at 05:50 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bNgyE_zxu8

ok srs this must be the most epic graphic of the new class spells of the expansion

is it just me or should they rename it back to the old Wall of Fog?

Also it does nice damage when someone in it's range moves. If you're outside you'll definitely wouldn't want to get inside, and if you're inside you'll avoid moving, though you'll be already affected by it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-09-19 at 06:11 PM.

I read someone threw it on a dummy and it did continous damage every second

considering it crits for like 9k a tick? it might be used in the pve rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    I read someone threw it on a dummy and it did continous damage every second

considering it crits for like 9k a tick? it might be used in the pve rotation
    Looks like it does that only on NPCs. If it's casted on players, they have to move inside it to get affected by the damage. I somehow managed to get it affected by frostburn, and it critted for 16-17k.
    I think the constant hitting on non-moving NPCs might be a bug.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-09-19 at 06:45 PM.

well, a frostnova+CoF should def work, though not sure that'd be worth it in pvp

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess that perpetual whining about the graphic either paid off or is being put to rest. The old quote proves true yet again: beta is beta.
    BfA Beta Time

now all thats missing is the time warp graphic

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    I do not see the change in FM, you crit more while the FM target has critted. Didn't it always work like this or is just a tooltip clarification?
    Arcane floes got nerfed a bit.
    Now you should be able to use it on melee classes so you dont have to waste in smaller groups