Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So by your definition... Inconvenient and time consuming = hardcore?
    thats what it is yes, vanilla was a farmfest, veeeeery time consuming so it was very hardcore and hard

Quote Originally Posted by Ymiron View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJESm-assss HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH A THING Y_Y
    i thought of this video as soon as i saw this post.
    it still makes me watery eyed :[

@ OP HOW DARE YOU. LEARN SOME RESPECT

Sylvari Necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    I really hope Blizzard can remove the Meeting Stones and the Warlock Summon spell. And here's my reasons for that:

-It fixes laziness: People who really want to do the raid or instance, have to get there themselves. As soon as you are invited, you should start making your way there, and not lurk in a city, where you most likely saw the guy spamming trade for that ICC raid...

-Symbolizes the return of hardcore: Blizzard have hinted towards are more hardcore friendly game in the entire beta. The boss encounters are harder, more sophisticated mechanics and it takes longer to complete the dungeon. Why not remove any carebear way of getting there? It seems like a false safety if you can get there with no effort and then get hammered by the encounters.

-Sufficient Lore reasons: Deathwing's return shattered the ley lines of the summoning stones to a point of no use. Warlocks can not create the Summoning Stones as well because they operated on the same ley lines.

-Exploration: If you have to fly to the encounter, you get to see more of the world. And while you fly, you can alt-tab and look up some strategies on the encounter.
    NO... true there are some realy lazy ppl in the game but you have those that have just hearthed and have no way to get back without getting a summon or spending 10 mins to get the zep then fly there...i know where you are coming from though it anoys me ppl in dala wanting a summon to voa or icc...VoA has a portal in dala and icc is a miniute away even with slow flying. personaly i wouldnt summon them and if they arnt there boot them and get some new ppl to fill the space.

Please remove mounts and even running aswell so we have to walk everywere.....

Stupid idea

I like the blizzard idea that you have to find the instance before doing it. But only make this apply post 60 where you will almost certainly discover all instances by simply leveling. Removing them altogether is simply time consuming, not hardcore.

So...your deep within an instance and someone takes off , or d/c'd, you wanna hold up people to get a replacement in? Getting rid of summoning stones outside 5 mans i can see, but for raids, not so much. And getting rid of warlock summoning is dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    I would so much rather wait 10-20 minutes for someone to get to where the raid is happening from BFE than having a convenient way of bringing them to the us. Bravo!

Deleted
    - Laziness:
    Oh, sorry. The only time I ever take a summon unless I'm stuck in the wrong continent with hearth on cooldown and no nearby mage, is the times when someone leaves and I take on the duty of going to dalaran to talk to new people and decide who to invite, before I ask the warlock to summon us both to get everything started.
    I profoundly apologize for my casual laziness.

- Hardcore:
    Has no correlation to inconvenient waste of time.

- Lore:
    Even though convenience mechanics such as summoning stones, spirit healers and (pre-knaak) hearthstones need no lore justification to exist or change, you still try to make a liable explanation, and you fail in doing so.
    If the ley lines are FUBAR, all mage portals would disappear as well and probably most of the warlock spell roster considering how much of their powers come from tapping into the twisting nether and/or summoning.

- Exploration:
    We still need to explore to use the RDF for 5-mans.
    ...wait, and did you also just say "see more of the world" and "alt+tab out to read tactics" in the same point?
    I'm starting to think troll. Honestly, your stupidity amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    I really hope Blizzard can remove the Meeting Stones and the Warlock Summon spell. And here's my reasons for that:

-It fixes laziness: People who really want to do the raid or instance, have to get there themselves. As soon as you are invited, you should start making your way there, and not lurk in a city, where you most likely saw the guy spamming trade for that ICC raid...

-Symbolizes the return of hardcore: Blizzard have hinted towards are more hardcore friendly game in the entire beta. The boss encounters are harder, more sophisticated mechanics and it takes longer to complete the dungeon. Why not remove any carebear way of getting there? It seems like a false safety if you can get there with no effort and then get hammered by the encounters.

-Sufficient Lore reasons: Deathwing's return shattered the ley lines of the summoning stones to a point of no use. Warlocks can not create the Summoning Stones as well because they operated on the same ley lines.

-Exploration: If you have to fly to the encounter, you get to see more of the world. And while you fly, you can alt-tab and look up some strategies on the encounter.
    people like you are what is wrong with the world.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

15+ Year Old Account
    Oooh the game should be more hardcore, instead of keybinds you should have to type /cast for each spell, that way people will be able to see how much more hardcore I am than lazy people who want to just press buttons
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

10+ Year Old Account
    Having previously been a 'Hardcore' player and having to deal with the old Meeting Stones as well as having to wait for the 3 or 4 warlocks in the raid to summon 40 people individually, I would have to say this: ARE YOU INSANE?

So you want people to get from Darnassus to lets say, The Black Temple without any summoning (lets just imagine that the blasted lands portals are not available yet and no mage can get to you) Making things more difficult for yourself just for the sake of it isn't hardcore, it's stupid.

Well at least in Cata you have to travel to a dungeon at least once and walk into the instance before you are allowed to que for it using the LFG tool. That way ppl at least have to find where something is once.

Deleted
    Its the same like saying to real life why use plains and not go by ship.. Point obvious. Hardcorness don't comes only by traveling. But remember its just a GAME not irl.

Most of the guilds I know REQUIRE you to be at the instance before they'll invite you anyways.

"If you're not there and ready, gtfo." =x

This post is just so stupid.
    1)If someone nags about summon without a valid reason, just ignore it. (Or set him straight)
    2)If someone wants to play this game without leaving orgrimmar, THEIR LOSS. Blizzard is making alot of cool areas, can't believe someone wants to sit at one place not exploring.
    3)Traveling is not hardcore, it's time consuming. Blizzard wants to make the game more appealing to both hardcores and casuals in an innovative way, not take severeal steps back in time to make the game annoying.

Better luck next time.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by InTeNsO View Post
    remove yourself from this game
    Haha I laughed so hard

Quote Originally Posted by Thyce View Post
    My friend leveled a Paladin from 15-80 without leaving Orgrimmar.
    I call bullshit.

Hmm... at first, it was difficult for me to discern, but attempting to find a connection to what you want and the lore stood out to me. I give you a 5/10. Not half bad, not half good.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

Uh, making people get there which takes more time makes raid better?