Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
actually if you type /gs, as someone else pointed out, you can bring up a players character sheet, and it will say
Holy gs \ prot gs \ ret gs ---etc for other classes
also shows gems and enchants on it, so you can see if that warrior has int \ sp on his weapon.

ofc that person would have to be in your database already, if not /inspect.

the only thing GS does not do is check achievements, but with underachiever, asking ppl to link achievements is a waste of time.

just do it with an inspect imo, which will also give you fresh GS data.

people who go off JUST gs, without looking at the chars sheet \ enchants \ gems are pretty stupid.

as someone else mentioned

GS + low IQ = fail
GS + above average intelligence quotient = ?

i am guessing it is WIN.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 03:10 PM ----------

actually if you type /gs, as someone else pointed out, you can bring up a players character sheet, and it will say
Holy gs \ prot gs \ ret gs ---etc for other classes
also shows gems and enchants on it, so you can see if that warrior has int \ sp on his weapon.

ofc that person would have to be in your database already, if not /inspect.

the only thing GS does not do is check achievements, but with underachiever, asking ppl to link achievements is a waste of time.

just do it with an inspect imo, which will also give you fresh GS data.

people who go off JUST gs, without looking at the chars sheet \ enchants \ gems are pretty stupid.

as someone else mentioned

GS + low IQ = fail
GS + above average intelligence quotient = ?

i am guessing it is WIN.

ohh, and there is no true way of knowing if someone can actually play,
X person could of bought / got his daddy to get him Y item / achievement.
I personally think you agree with me because everything you state here has nothing to do with their nominal GS rating. What you are describing is to look beyond the GS and actually do the things that may make a difference. But at the end of the day, a person can customise their gear in the best possible way and it has abosultly no bearing on the things that really matter... and that's the ability to press buttons, position and work in a team to maximise you chance to clear bosses.

I still maintain the claim that I could randomally choose people in Dalaran and clear content just as well (if not better) than using some sort of GS requirement.

Maybe back in classic and for some of TBC, GS would have been a semi-accurate measure.. the reason being is that you could only get access to gear in a non pug environment an guilds didn't carry bads. Or if they did they got rid of them quick smart. These days the enviroment has changed, everyone get's access to semi decent gear and thus GS is classifying a greater WoW populus as competent.

I seriously grouped with a spriest who thought VT was a 5 second cast and not worthy of using. This spriest had a 6K gs which was higher than my spriest... you really need to question how this could occur and if people at 6K gs can have no clue whatsoever what does that say about GS in general?

You might as well try people out and if they are decent, add them as friends. You can build a decent network of reliable pugs that way and run groups that way rather than rely on GS as some sort of measuring stick.