Thread: GS is broken

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have always inspected, even with gs. If your a fury warrior with spellpower enchant on your legs and blue quality gems, I don't care if you're in full 251, you ain't getting in my group (I have really come across this player).

I had to go and download gearscore and log in to WoW just to let all of you over reacting know that, guess what? It still works. Now I'm going to go uninstall it and go about my day, feeling as if I accomplished something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinian View Post
    Ok everybody, we are gonna dig up the GS corpse, cut out its heart, burn it. Then we are gonna cut off its head and burn that. Then burn the body and then douse it with holy water. And then we rebury it using the most powerful of warding evil spells. Trust me its the only way to make sure the evilness stays DEAD FOREVER!!
    this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GS authors will surely fix this.
    GS is not a bad add-on.
    It's only the stupid players (and now I mean the really moronic ones)who thinks that GS=Skill Skill=Loot Loot="Look at my skilled skilled-ness".

GS was meant to be an add-on for those who wanted to decide who they grouped with.
    Surely there's no harm in that, only the horde-of-10-year-old-brats-who-think-GS=Skill.

Thank the lord.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

I don't understand. Now all the terrible players relying on gearscore can't use it, and will now allow you to raid with them. Now you can raid with the awful players you hate so much? Grats?

Why does it matter? Are you suddenly going to join every pug you see? No more gearscore makes a raid better? What...
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I don't understand. Now all the terrible players relying on gearscore can't use it, and will now allow you to raid with them. Now you can raid with the awful players you hate so much? Grats?

Why does it matter? Are you suddenly going to join every pug you see? No more gearscore makes a raid better? What...
    this, except for the fact gearscore still works, it isn't broken, it didn't go anywhere, if it had they would fix it because it wasn't broken intentionally, but that doesn't matter because it's not broken. bad players get the point yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    I had to go and download gearscore and log in to WoW just to let all of you over reacting know that, guess what? It still works. Now I'm going to go uninstall it and go about my day, feeling as if I accomplished something.
    This, you guys made me LOG ON to check. And it still works. I saw my pretty 5811 GS. It burned my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darnit. Brb downloading elitistgroup instead...
    Vol'jin fanboy

you guys check on PTR right? @ the fire and Donttake

10+ Year Old Account
    People will always rely on gear and achis even if gearscore gets broken. Stop blaming gearscore, it's a tool.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    Don't have Beta...I should totally get a key to check this out...right? Right?
    Also PTR is down, so I can't check that out either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    this isn't in the cata forums, and no mention was ever made of the PTR. PTR is down, and even if it wasn't, why would anyone be running gs in the ptr? Logic implies he meant live servers.

Umm, I highly doubt Blizzard broke it, seeing as it is BETA, and GearScore does NOT have a beta version. And why does everyone hate GS try typing /GS sometimes, perfect inspect sheet with percentage score based on enchants, gems etc.

Troll is troll lol
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Deleted
    Yay! the humanity will be worser!" an the pickups too!

GS may be broken, but it's been in a way built into the UI. the UI will now display your average ilvl (based on the PTR, about 2 days ago)

which really solves my big GS gripe, in that you needed to download an external addon to play the game.

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusmode View Post
    Its probably not disabled for the drama it caused, but for how much lag it caused talking (sending packets) to other players. Either way, good riddance.
    I'm pleased either way.
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move

Am I the only one who has yet to notice that on PTR you can see your character's average iLvL? Hopefully people judge (If they REALLY want to I guess..) by that when it launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazter View Post
    The GS authors will surely fix this.
    GS is not a bad add-on.
    It's only the stupid players (and now I mean the really moronic ones)who thinks that GS=Skill Skill=Loot Loot="Look at my skilled skilled-ness".

GS was meant to be an add-on for those who wanted to decide who they grouped with.
    Surely there's no harm in that, only the horde-of-10-year-old-brats-who-think-GS=Skill.
    GS is a great idea. It is not the problem. The problem is and has been the fact that gear was being given away.

I look forward to using GS in Cata. If blizz does what they say they are gonna do, GS will actually give you a good idea of what a player is capable of. If gear takes skill to obtain it will be a nice predictor of a players worth.

This coming from a guy that took a year off and can not get into any raids because my highest GS toon is 4600. All my friends and guild transferring servers while I was away does not help either, but I could really care less about raiding ICC now that Cata is coming.