Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orakin View Post
    That venomous stinger looks pretty filled with poison to me!! (see main page pic)

The point remains that I can see Stormwind City filled with "Lions + Guild tabard" all over the place, while Orgrimmar filled with Scorpions will make it feels like a bug nest... The reason boars would have been awesome is that it has a 'Pride' feeling attached to it.

'Guild' mounts should represent something you're proud of...

Let me ask you this: "What's the point of having a mount that has a venomous stinger and awesome claws if you can't attack with 'em?"
    Well the scorpion not only looks freaking amazing, a lion sized scorpion also would have alot more killing potential then a silly oversized cat. Also something horde are proud of? its wiping the alliance off the face of azeroth what better way to do it then riding on the back of a giant killing machine (just think clash of the titans 1 sting you arn't dieing from poison your dying from impalement).

/thread
    Last edited by Zedthetank; 2010-09-20 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Well if you haven't noticed, this mountable scorpion is the size of a lion.

Thick chitinous shell, MASSIVE venomous stinger easily capable of piercing skin, bone-crushing claws. I think we all know who'd win in a fight ;P.
    Plus the fact that a lion would be much more cuddly that that monstrosity. I would likely scream and run away if I ever say a scorpion that size, hell I would scream and run away if I saw one the size of a shoe, those things are effin freaky.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Isn't it the bigger the scorpion the less deadly it's venom is? I could be wrong ofc but anyway I'll be on my flying mount anyway saying as in I don't really like either tht much. Also as said before they will become so common it will lose it's edge after a few days

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Scorpions, The Horde has wyvrens. WoW ones are lions but they fly and has a scorpions tail.....so, we do not need lions.

I do wonder why they did not call them manticores, but it dose not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth View Post
    Good luck finding a venomous stinger filled with poison rather than venom.
    My bad! XD

What I don't get is why they had to OVERSIZE a little natural scorpid so it fit as a mount! OK, an Undead on a small Kodo is weird and a Tauren on a Hawkstrider have no 'logic' attached to it but Scorpions all over Azeroth are smalls.

I'd like to request a list of Scorpion breeds from blizz plz.

The fact remains that they should have use a mount that already has a natural size more or less... such as Rhino.

Rhinos + red eyes + Horde/Guild banner = Win.

Discuss.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are mounts fighting anyways? Aren't mounts trained to carry things like food and water and/ or people? I think you guys are talking about actual fighting scorpions and lions. In which case both sides would be specifically trained to outdo eachother, I personally think it would be an interesting fight. But if you were to pit a riding scorpion against a riding lion, the competition wouldn't be a fight to the death, but it would be to see who could carry the heaviest load and still go a long distance while carrying that package. With that in mind i would say scorpion wins because it's designed to be a horde mount, and the horde are an undeniably larger faction. So that means they're heavier, (in most cases at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    Lions are an animal. Scorpions are arthropods/arachnids.
    Scorpion

Scientific classification

Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Arthropoda
    Subphylum: Chelicerata
    Class: Arachnida
    Subclass: Dromopoda
    Order: Scorpiones

At least check wikipedia (or any school biology textbook) before you make an (un)informed statement.

Deleted
    This one day I was riding my scorpion. But then i had to break and got stung in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    Scorpion

At least check wikipedia (or any school biology textbook) before you make an (un)informed statement.
    imagine every person validated thier information before posting on forums....what fun would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by iHeal View Post
    This one day I was riding my scorpion. But then i had to break and got stung in the back.
    That's kinda the point. When I looked at that video Boubouille posted showing the Scorpion mount... the first thing I though was:"Man that Stinger will clip through my Giant Tauren's back! There is no doubt about it!"

If it does, it will be a big "meh" to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Orakin View Post
    The fact remains that we don't have that much models with eight legs o_O. Eight legs mean model's legs moves fast! That is why I was wondering what it will look like when an undead is riding the scorpion.

Take a blood elf that rides his hawkstrider. I recall seeing the legs going pretty fast and there are only two of 'em!!! Eight legs on a smaller model such as undead and you'll see nothing but blurry sticks.

My two cents.
    3 on each side + 2 pinchers ....unless you're counting the pinchers as "legs" ....where are you getting 8 from?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    3 on each side + 2 pinchers ....unless you're counting the pinchers as "legs" ....where are you getting 8 from?
    I'm pretty sure arachnids(read spiders, as it seems that most people here slept through their biology classes) do have 8 legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the need to add my 2 cents to all of this. 1. A scorpion has 4 sets of legs, and 2 pinchers. You only see 3 sets, because the 4th set is smaller and sits underneath the pinchers. 2. It is possible that as a scorpion gets bigger, its venom would become more dilute. Spiders work in this way, where the daddy long-legs have a rather small body, but the most potent venom and tarantula by comparison is pretty weak. I believe that the smallest of scorpion species works this way, and I am fairly sure that the big black scorpions you can find at most pet stores are relatively harmless by comparison. 3. In real life, scaling up a scorpion to a lion's size would make it incredibly slow, and its bodyweight by comparison would make it almost have to drag its body across the ground. This is the reason why we do not currently have large insects or arthropods. The largest related thing I can think of lives in the ocean, like lobsters and king crabs, which use the water to offset there weight. So from a real life point of view, a large scorpion would not stand (literally) a chance versus a lion in mobility. It could possibly get a lucky shot in from the tail, or grab a lion with a pincher. A lion could skillfully grab the tail and chew off the stinger, as meercats do, though I don't see a lion being able to bite through the rest of the armor. It could claw through the less protected sides and underbelly, though.

In fantasy, though, the scorpion would have much better odds.

As for the nobility of lions, that is only in folklore. Europeans use them on crests as a symbol of nobility, but the real life animal is far from it. Flies swarming around them constantly, blood soaked faces, matted fur. They eat carrion as easily as fresh meat. They steal from hyenas, leopards and cheetahs. They are lazy 90% of the time.

Besides all of this, I would be dissappointed on alliance to have ANOTHER cat mount. Granted a lion is the alliance symbol.

I would not have picked a scorpion as a horde mount based on the lion being both anouther cat, and the allaince symbol. Maybe the horde symbol is ultimately a big pincer, or most likely just a neat design.

Taking the tigerlike mounts of the NE's and the lion symbol of the alliance, a more logical horde mount might be a hyena as they closely resemble the ork mounts in LotR. I like the boar idea mentioned before, as they are used in Warhammer, as well.

A way out in left field idea would be crocolisks.

discuss.
    Last edited by mykro9; 2010-09-20 at 07:13 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling

I'd like to point out that as the scorpion gets larger, the vemon gets more diluted.
    =3

I wouldn't worry about the scorpion poison.

The larger the scorpion, the less deadly its venom is because it is physically able to overpower its prey, and less susceptible to being preyed upon, than smaller scorpions. Largest scorpion species, the Emperor Scorpion, has a sting that at worse causes extreme pain (some sting sufferers have no symptoms at all as well), but is not life-threatening.

A lion-sized scorpion sting would likely give you a bloody awful headache.

Edit: :< People beat me to it.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    I'm pretty sure arachnids(read spiders, as it seems that most people here slept through their biology classes) do have 8 legs.
    "real" ones do, but we aren't discussing real scorpions. we're talking about the mount, which has 6. look at the video on the front page. CLEARLY slows 3 on each side. + 2 pinchers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I wouldn't feel safe sitting on top of a scorpion with such a stringer hovering around my neck..... >_>

♪SCORPIONS!! F**K YYYAAAAHHHHHH! RIDING INTO TOWNS TO SLAY THE NOOBS!!♪

The Lions look to close to the Tigers for NEs. The Horde mount is fresh and new.
    Kasayk-80 Mage (Blood Elf): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cale&cn=Kasayk
    Hagënti-80 Druid (Tauran)

Its a Jersey thing man, ya gotta be from Jersey to get it. Get it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    Scorpion

Thank you professor, i didn't care enough to go study bugs to argue over the next celestial pony that much. They will both be cheesy mounts that everyone in any guild will be able to get and thus not worth riding. 25 invincibles till something less common comes along is all you need.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    God all noobs saying Scorpions kill more than Lions

1) Scorpions are less noticable than lions and stay away

2) Lions live in the African/Asian Area

3) Lions bites are curable, some Scorpions aren't.

4) The Larger the Scorpion is, the less poision it has. So at the size of the Lion it is harmless.

5) Even though it has huge pinchers, they are used for collecting food when killing prey, it's not an offensive mechanism.

In short Lion>Scorpion