Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    There is no major diference concerning pvp or pve between factions. Anyone claiming otherwise is a moronic fanboy.
    OP here. So yeah. There is no major difference. Im just sitting here atm during weekend evening trying to do my Alliance daily BG. So far 8 losses. It's actually worst than the avarage of ~5 I am usually getting. Lets hope I win one before it dings to 10. But yeah... there is no difference...

I could post dozens of screenies with postmatch stats where an entire top is red and entire bottom is blue. But I guess we all seen lots of those already...

Update: 9 losses. EotS horde 4 bases domination.

Update: 10 looses. WSG 3-0. Yay.

Update: Won SotA. We had a 6500gs PvE geared lock sitting on demolisher and smelting everything on his way. So yeah. Did my daily BG win after 11 attempts. Now a question. Would you be ready to swap to those instant queues and such win ratio? Dont you think there is actually a reason why those queues are instant now when server transfers are so easily available? People just go to the side which provide them more wins. My last hope is in regional battlegroups merge that is supposed to happen in Cataclysm. If this will also fail I will either transfer to Horde or rage quit.
    Last edited by Awe; 2010-09-25 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Update: Won SotA. We had a 6500gs PvE geared lock sitting on demolisher and smelting everything on his way. So yeah. Did my daily BG win after 11 attempts. Now a question. Would you be ready to swap to those instant queues and such win ratio? Dont you think there is actually a reason why those queues are instant now when server transfers are so easily available? People just go to the side which provide them more wins. My last hope is in regional battlegroups merge that is supposed to happen in Cataclysm. If this will also fail I will either transfer to Horde or rage quit.
    You'll get old of those longer queues on Horde side just as much as your supposed multiple needed attempts for a win Alliance side. Think of this like Dungeon Finder queues, after being used to near-instant groups as a Tank/Healer, only to suddenly go DPS and wait 15 minutes for a group now. Not to mention those dreaded DPS queues only ending up with a Tank or Healer that ditches the group due to seeing the HoR loading screen. Same goes if you x-fer to Horde, wait 10-15 min for a BG, only to enter a 1400-0 losing AB because there's no "This BG is in progress" notice like how instances are.

Either way, you have to take your pick of poison, you can't avoid both of those outright.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

PvE
    Alliance = Horde (DEPENDS MOSTLY on the population of the server, equal populated servers are fine to choose whichever)
    PvP
    Alliance > Horde
    If u wanna wait 10 minutes each time to get in a BG to get the honor or HK farming u want (with ofc a chance to lose/win the BG) go ahead.
    Alliance BG queue = < 1 minute

Lemme put the new LFD system way
    Alliance are the Healers/Tanks
    Horde are the Damage

(i play both horde and alliance so i know this)

It's always greener on the other side. Be it horde, or alliance- in the long run all bgs are 50/50, or somewhat close to it. You'll go through times where one side dominates the other, but in the long run it's even.

Willing to swap servers and arena? Hook up with other like minded people and join ship. Otherwise, Faster queues = more honor/time, as well as more time to get experience. All in all, alliance is probably the better side to be pvp, but it really doesn't matter. Play the class you enjoy, play the faction you enjoy, and play with people whom you enjoy. Everything else will come with time and effort.

I'm feeling the same as the op here. In battlegrounds, the only thing we seem to win is AV, and even that is half the time. On my server, Wintergrasp was a 50/50 ratio just checking the log in VOA. Since the fraction change, we (Ally) rarely win WG. The amount of wins/defended changed dramatically. And from a personal pov, my ex-boyfriend changed all 5 of his Ally toons into Horde toons, and migrated to a server already overpopulated with Horde (Demon Soul).

Im kind of hoping the Worgen race entices more people to roll Alliance, since the rest of the races arent "cool" or "badass" looking. Maybe balance the amount of players between fractions, and hopefully bring in some good pvpers.

Yes Alliance lose WG 90% of the time.

Yes Alliance lose BGs most of the time.

Yes Alliance are greatly outnumbered.

But the great thing? More horde to kill.

Alliance is where the cool kids are, so pls everyone, Xfer over to them and queue up for AV and what ever the Weekend BG is. I needs more insta ques

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag View Post
    ok, first of all: the win/lose ratio over all is 50/50. Don't think you will win more as a horde player.

If you had probability calculation in school, you should know that your personal experience in a few 100 bg's means little here.

Secondly your awesome friends probably have to wait 15min+ for a bg inv? Since Horde "domination" or outnumbering means boooooooring waiting for invites.

Losing a match always sucks. Logging out because you just don't want to wait another 10 min for a random game sucks more...trust me.
    Well... whoever taught you statistics was wrong! You flip a coin 100 times yo should have 50/50 +- critical value at maybe 5. This means if you get 45/55 you would be willing to believe that the coin was not weighted and that it was an equal fight. Here your CV is 5%, so if you flipped it 10 times your CV would be 0.5 meaning you would HAVE to get 5 to be willing to believe it wasnt weighted.

The link here is that no matter the number of battles you play your CV would always be off because there is multiple variables coming from "more n00bs" on ally side, from personal experience there is no way that if I as ally played 100 games that we would win 45/55 or if I played 200 that it would be 190/210.

So please dont flame someone when you clearly dont understand the very basics of probability

From my experience on different realms there IS an age difference between Horde and Alliance. Horde are (roughly) mostly aged 16-23, while Allies are mostly 12-16 and >23. Few years back I'd probably prefer Horde, but now in my late 20's I find the Allies more interesting. Think about it, 20 year olds playing WOW are pretty common, but people in their 40 playing a "stupid internet game" are pretty cool.
    Ofc, this isn't a generalization just my impression.

Deleted
    there is no difference between horde and alliance
    stay your own faction.
    faction transfer and blood elves mixed us up

to all ex-alliance players that went horde - FFS GO BACK HOME

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizgarth View Post
    Yes Alliance lose WG 90% of the time.

Yes Alliance lose BGs most of the time.

Yes Alliance are greatly outnumbered.

But the great thing? More horde to kill.
    Silvermoon-EU would like to have a word with you. I doubt Horde would win WG 90% of the time on a realm that's ~99% Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazgul View Post
    there is no difference between horde and alliance
    stay your own faction.
    faction transfer and blood elves mixed us up

to all ex-alliance players that went horde - FFS GO BACK HOME
    Ever thought that people have real life friends who play Horde and wanted to play with them and not against them for a change?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

On my server, Lacking Skill , Alliance hold WG once or twice a day, usually during off-peak hours.
    Horde, last time I looked, was at a 1.78:1 ratio I believe.
    Alli usually have like 6-10 stacks, sometimes more, during WG and still get slaughtered most of the time.

But our battlegroup Vindication, like others have mentioned, isn't always bright and shiny for Horde.
    PVP usually goes either way in BGs, with no particular BG (aside from the Alli-friendly AV) being dominated. I've done AB games before where we 5-cap and win in minutes, then the very next queue Alli do the same thing.