Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Even if they were able to keep the servers steady, there would be way too many players to do anything releating to but not limited to auction house, questing and world-pvping (horde-alliance- ration would still be scewed). And EVEN if all of those things worked out, the community wouldn't feel any closer at all, infact it would be completely the opposite because there would be so many people to play with and against. Part of the glory of the realm community in Vanilla (this is one of the very few things Vanilla actually had it right - then again, the queues etc. were horrible) was because there was so few players that you encountered same persons every time you joined a BG, went to Tarren Mill or Southshore or raided the oppositing capital. And even if ALL THAT WORKED OUT, no-one would be able to survive STV.

1 realm would go a little something like this...

/2 "LFM VoA10"

<inc 4,325 tells>

(/w dude why do you keep ignoring me i want in VoA 10) x9001
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

haha, even with an even split you will have 4-5 mil people in a capital, epicly crashes 24/7 and eventually Blizzards, or ours HDDs will burn out

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    Think they already have less workers than they actually could need.

Would be fucking awesome in the future to increase the size of everything :P Have IF as an actual big city where 5 milion players can be in...

But where in the hell can we find technology for that yet? For a normal person that is.
    try flying from winterspring to tanaris in such a realm, would take a week.
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

There goes any shot at realm first anything.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Even if they managed to do it without any performance issues there would still be at least 4 realms with each one representing a different realm type (PvE, PvP, RP, RPPvP).

Quote Originally Posted by Wowy View Post
    Do you work for Blizzard?
    Because only Blizzard employees are aware of IT/Server Architecture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    haha, even with an even split you will have 4-5 mil people in a capital, epicly crashes 24/7 and eventually Blizzards, or ours HDDs will burn out
    It'll be like playing Euro servers at release. server goes down and doesn't come up for two days /sagenod. Also think of how it can take you 3-4 days to get a response from a GM...when at the moment they don't have that much work ging...imagine 4-5 million players all trying to get the GM's attention at once...can you say 6-8 month waiting times to get your marks refunded for an accidental purchase?

if you like to have 13 million people in a single server.. then GL, I would quit instantly... let's also think that they had found a way to have no lag... but imagine all the capital cities... you wouldn't have a single pixel without a player on it... imagin all quest hub!!!!
    and imagin ALL THE GOLD SPAMMERS OF WOW IN A SINGLE SERVER!!!! I couldn't live with them... then i think it would be fun to have a unic battelgroup for battelgrounds/arena and LFD system... but a single realm for all the players... is definitely a bad idea...
    Last edited by Glaedr; 2010-09-20 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Day One - 20:35] World of Warcraft successfully merges all realms.
    [Day One - 20:36] Logging in... Position in queue: 1,786,002
    [Day One - 23:50] World Server is Down.

[Day Two - 09:00] World Server is Down.

[Day Three - 00:00] Logging in... Position in queue: 4,000,385
    [Day Three - 00:01] World Server is Down.

To even think that would ever be a good idea, is pretty pathetic. Considering everyone (no matter their system) would sit at 0-1 FPS. Lets not forget the server farms turning to goo within seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the worst lag you have ever had upon entering Dalaran? It would be like that, only one hundred times worse.

The OP is the guy who started the thread requesting a paid ban feature. He just makes stupid threads. He's a troll and obviously most of you fell for it.. again.

Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    200 servers of skewed alliance-horde ratios merging into one super server equals an epicly skewed alliance-horde ratio.
    Epic math fail! Even if you merge a million 75:25 ratio servers, the result is still a 75:25 ratio server...

Deleted
    single server...no

since battlegroup...instant dungeon times...instant BG's....takes 24 months to get to top 0.5% of arena teams...still a no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    It's not technically possible. End Of Story.
    This.
    And i wish to add that's technically impossible.
    Thanks so much. Have a nice day.

Deleted
    A system like runescapes might work, where you can enter every realm, but every realm has a max pop amount. Merging all realms however, enough words have been wasted on this abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    It's not technically possible. End Of Story.
    /Thread

Deleted
    Combining a few realms would be good, but asking for every realm to be combined? Thats asking a bit much. Battlegrounds like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad would become ridiculously hard to get into, all the prices in the auction house would be undercut to shit, and imagine if all the pvp realms merged. Thered be no leveling, just a massive world wide war (As awesome as that would be)

I'm pretty sure that the UN or the USA government, let alone Blizzard. Would not have the tech to do something like this for at least 10 years. Maybe 20.

Wintergrasp already lagged with 300-400+ people. What do you think will happen if that amount of people multiplied by a few hundreds is bunched up in the same location? To put it simple: there's not enough bandwidth for that kind of activity.

no, unless you like disconnects every 30 seconds...
    MY BETA INVITE IS OVER 9,000!