Poll: Will healing suck in PVP, as bad as it will in PVE?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will healing suck in PVP, as bad as it will in PVE?

Im mostly a fan of pvp healing. Do you think it will suck as bad as it looks like pve healing will?

more or less the same in pvp, little bit more challenging, but in no way "sucking" in pve

it looks like its gonna be no fun in pve to me. i guess we are all subject to an opinion

as in actually require resource management?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Define "Suck".

If you thought the brainless WOTLK model for healing would last, you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroid View Post
    it looks like its gonna be no fun in pve to me. i guess we are all subject to an opinion
    Spamming one heal repeatedly is fun for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    as in actually require resource management?
    resource management is only a non factor now that we have a 30% buff and everyone is geared out their ass. When we first started raiding in WOTLK, and first started doing Heroic Oculus, I dont recall everyone griping bc the content was too easy. as a matter of fact, oculus was nerfed due to teh massive QQ bc it was hard. People just seem to forget these things

man you sure aren't being broad on this topic, hitting the nail right on the head!

Deleted
    To bad nostradamus is dead, he would know the answer. Can't you just wait for a mont or two and see it yourself, rather than open pointless guessing thread?

All healers were Arcane mages.
    They are now whining because they need to become fire mages.
    Fire mages still aren't hard.

Hopefully it will.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

As a resto shaman, I for one did not only spam chain heal. We had plenty heals to use. Chain heal spammers, sure, they need to L2play. There are much more to a shammy than chain heal spam.

As a resto shaman, I for one did not only spam chain heal. We had plenty heals to use. Chain heal spammers, sure, they need to L2play. There are much more to a shammy than chain heal spam.
    I spam chain heal (and riptide). I top meters and nobody dies, don't see how that's L2P. I press some other buttons occasionally but only if I'm bored, there's never any actual need for me to.
    Dreamwalker is the only fight where I need to press different buttons and that's just replacing chain heal with a different heal.
    You're doing a lot more work than you need to.

Blizzard are changing it so that you WILL need to press more buttons, if that's how you already play then there's no need to complain because you won't need to act any differently.

resource management is only a non factor now that we have a 30% buff and everyone is geared out their ass.
    Bullshit.

as a matter of fact, oculus was nerfed due to teh massive QQ bc it was hard. People just seem to forget these things
    It was hard because vehicle-based combat is/was stupid and poorly implemented. A lot of people flat-out didn't like their character being relatively pointless in the grand scheme of things.

It's never been hard, it's always just been a pain in the ass.

This poll requires you to believe that PVE healing will suck.

It isnt sucking in pve. they are just making it harder, harder= more chalenge= more fun.... it will be the same for Healing in pvp. it is all about thinking about what you are about to do, not just spam and never go oom like its in Wrath atm. Also dispells will cost more mana than they do today

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I spam chain heal (and riptide). I top meters and nobody dies, don't see how that's L2P. I press some other buttons occasionally but only if I'm bored, there's never any actual need for me to.
    Dreamwalker is the only fight where I need to press different buttons and that's just replacing chain heal with a different heal.
    You're doing a lot more work than you need to.

Blizzard are changing it so that you WILL need to press more buttons, if that's how you already play then there's no need to complain because you won't need to act any differently.
    And its a good thing

so for pvp, ill be forced to either A) cast fast expensive as hell heals and go OOM, or B) cast very long cast timed heals and get interupted?

SOUNDSSS FUN!

so for pvp, ill be forced to either A) cast fast expensive as hell heals and go OOM, or B) cast very long cast timed heals and get interupted?

SOUNDSSS FUN!
    Then quit. While one less PvP whiner is a drop in the bucket, it's a start.

SOUNDSSS FUN!
    lul rage bump.

Deleted

SOUNDSSS FUN!
    What's wrong about that? For some classes it's already like that, the only difference will be that in Cata, you won't be twoshotting people in 3s so mana might matter.

That's totally like it should be. Either there's no hard pressure going on your team, and you can conserve mana and cast some shitty long heals, or there's hard pressure and you retreat to your zomg bigzor heal. Or you can chose to blow some mana anyway and for example go offensive while using expensive heals. Endless possibilities!