Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I know the spec's are watered down and hardly difficult to screw up but can you post the spec you were using regardless I'll try your rotation out, the other day I was really not happy seeing my dps around 4.5k when I know I can output better, I'll play around with different reforging.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

@jho369

Unshackled Fury : Increases the benefit of abilities that cause or require you to be enraged by %. Each point of Mastery increases enrage effects by an additional %.

So its increasing dmg of few abilities, like enrage buff, deathwish, raging blow.

That u can easily check,
    reforge mastery and look into recount: your raging blow crits are much bigger.
    U can look also into deathwish tooltip.

ps. other people who reforging hit to increase enrage uptime are doing this because when u miss less hits, u got more chances to hit/crit/whatever and enrage yourself.

spec:
    http://wowtal.com/#k=hFsESN0.a2y.warrior

rotation single target:
    standard fury from live 3.3.5, just replace wirlwind with raging blow (and more carefully hs-ing ofc)
    priorities BT+HS > RB > SLAM on proc/ victory rush/berserker rage+battle shout macro as filler
    pummel and execute when needed
    deathwish+ blood fury (orc racial) macro when needed
    Last edited by machop; 2010-10-02 at 08:32 PM.

Victory Rush in your rotation? I'm confused or did I miss something

People were asking me about my spec. I don't remember right now but it was a single target dps build with 3/3 Incite. I didn't get WW or cleave. That leaves you only 1 option and u can't really mess up the talent.

Vis - I think that's because you had way too many hit. There is a point in diminishing return, as in you are no longer gaining dps by increase the stats. I believe your OH always have 25% miss rate and cannot achieve 100% OH hit cap. I would probably try getting no more than 400ish hit and dump the rest in haste.

I will try out mastery but I don't think it'll worth the shot since RB has a giant CD. So what I think is that more haste = hit more = more rage = use HS more often to make up for RB hitting harder but on a longer timer. It comes to me like enhancement shaman. You gem haste and peck, or you gem attack power to hit like a truck, but also move speed just like a semi, towing another semi. It's too soon to tell which is better for warrior since 1/3 of our gears are still leather and agi shit.
    Last edited by jho369; 2010-10-04 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jho369 View Post
    Victory Rush in your rotation? I'm confused or did I miss something
    it isnt in main rotation, it is used as filler at last place,
    sometimes (very rarely, mainly in instances) u dont have slam proc on, u are not enraged = no RB, all your rage generating abilities have used cd, and only rush is avaiable.

Did a bit of testing, mastery is gay. Unshackle Fury is pretty bad. RB is still 4th in damage and with 44% i gained an whoopping 500 average RB and crit goes as high has 14k compare to 10k crits. I did do more dmg by getting my haste back up, a bout 200ish but dmg seem to drop since the patch or something cause i can only do about 6.4k dps..../sigh. I'll do more testing later

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 07:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by machop View Post
    it isnt in main rotation, it is used as filler at last place,
    sometimes (very rarely, mainly in instances) u dont have slam proc on, u are not enraged = no RB, all your rage generating abilities have used cd, and only rush is avaiable.
    Um, the tool tip says "Whenever you defeat an enemy..." How is this even a filler when you're fighting a boss?

i can only do about 6.4k dps..../sigh.
    I had similar findings. Mine has dropped to 6.1k and haste is still the way to go; Mastery blows atm.
    Give me the strength to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot, and the calm, sane disposition I need to avoid ripping the heads off people who say stupid things when I'm around.
    ----------
    Hokey religions and QQ posts are no match for a good moderator at your side, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by machop View Post
    first of all more hit = more glancing blows too, so its not always full white dmg
    No. Glancing is a percentage of your swings. Not of your hits. Increasing hits does not increase number of glancings.
    Increasing haste does however.

- haste is good and sweet
    Why is haste "good and sweet" while hit is not?
    Both affect rage generation and enrage uptime absolutely the same. ("Hit" benefitting from a slightly better rating to percentage conversion ratio)
    Both affect white damage only while having marginally effects on yellow damage (hit ups crit rate of abilities slightly because of two role system for these, haste does not).
    And as said above: glancing scale with haste, but dont scale with hit. This further favors hit.

Am I wrong in these statements?
    Care to elaborate why you prefer haste to hit? Thanks.
    Last edited by suicuique; 2010-10-04 at 12:15 PM. Reason: error

What are people replacing those Crit gems for then?

Just stop testing furys damage or discussing any sort of numbers. Both the
    warrior specs are based on having colossus smash (100% armor ignorance) on, so
    you just arnt doing any damage what so ever.

When it comes to 4.0, mastery is a great stat for fury, but the thing is that
    your auto attack misses ALL THE FRIGGING TIME. Its ridiculous how casters get
    4% hit from the raid, and then add an easy 13% more to that, which after nothing
    can miss anymore. YOU need to hit the target to get rage, a miss with a 3,5s speed
    weapon means you wont do any damage during the next 4s, but to get you whitecapped
    means to have 27% hit, which is around 760 hit rating. You will simply do the most
    possible damage when you can rely on your rage gain, and actually hit the target on
    a regular basis.

Basically, when the patch hits, you are a rogue. You will gain around 35% passive haste
    if you arnt in assgear, and hit goes hand in hand with haste. What im saying is that your
    going to reforge all your crit and most of your haste to HIT RATING rather than mastery.

For the people that think "but if you stack enough mastery, you can compete". -NOOOOOOOooo!
    If i clip all my crit and haste to mastery, I gain like 760 of it, and with that I miss like
    15% of the time, and raging blows might crit for like 14 000 damage with death wish and taunka
    up at the same time. A destro warlock crits 40-45k with an ability that has a 2s shorter cooldown
    than raging blows. Drain soul crits for around 65k per 1,1s during execute range.

It seems that 99% of you hasnt realized that fury cant even spec deep wounds at lvl80, which means
    youve lost your #2 best damaging ability, and also made the first setbonus of tier10 completely
    useless. Slam can be used in your rotation like once a minute tops, using it twice with a setbonus
    proc is completely out of the question because raging blows still does mroe damage, so the second
    setbonus is completely useless too.

Take your head out of your a** and realize that we are in deep s**t. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2010-10-05 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Llorian View Post
    Yeah cause that post totally wasn't rude. It's been mentioned several times that we won't have Deep Wounds and had you actually of bothered to read the entire thread instead of ranting about Warlocks you might have noticed that.

Considering the patch is apparently due soon and Cataclysm isn't due while December 7th I think this is the perfect time to be testing. After all we need to do something to increase our DPS in those two months.

I don't think you're correct in saying that we need to stack hit all the way upto 760. I don't think we have to hit EVERY single white attack, just enough and I think the solution is finding a good balance between hit and haste, where if you miss your weapon swings are fast enough for it not to cripple you rage-wise. I could be mistaken, but 760 feels like total overkill where as 390 sounds about right and people have lost DPS when going over that cap.
    One could expect someone to become a bit upset when the majority of people just dont understand
    whats going on. Just because something gets mentioned here, doesnt automatically mean that
    its common knowledge, if the matter is getting as much attention as it should, it would.

Saying that cata will fix it, or that there is lots of time left is a bunch of rubbish, they have
    had like two years on their hands to think through things to make it work, but taking the 5 year old
    mechanic of a class (rage) and completely remapping it, while at the same time removing the #1 damage
    increasing stat from the class, while having the rest of the game to think about at the same time
    is clearly too much to handle.

The warrior class on beta or ptr does not work. The new key ability called Inner rage has turned
    around and become this games first damage gimping cooldown any class has. A warrior does not heal,
    you do not have CC, you bring no buffs to a raid, high damage is all you bring, but the problem
    is that a disc priest does more damage than you.

About the damage mechanics: A warrior on 4.0 works the exact way a rogue works now. Because you
    have such a ridiculous amount of haste, hit comes the 2nd best stat you can have after strength. The
    problem with this mechanic is that warriors do not use poisons, and poisons do such a high amount of
    damage that rogues with 1,6s speed weapons are doing more damage per swing than you are with a 3,7s
    2h axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Slam can be used in your rotation like once a minute tops, using it twice with a setbonus
    proc is completely out of the question because raging blows still does mroe damage, so the second
    setbonus is completely useless too.
    2nd Setbonus has been changed on the beta servers (ptr too?) to "+5% damage"

On PTR atm, 2 piece hasn't changed, 4pc is 5% damage
    Last edited by Steakums; 2010-10-05 at 06:33 PM.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

Deleted
    At the moment RB seems to hit harder then BT. In the screenshot you can see that it's 7% ahead.
    (recount counts both hits of RB, so doubles it up)

img844.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnshot100810114236.jpg

Also execute seems really good at the moment, it hits like a truck and gives you another 25% increased speed.
    Managed to do 9.1k dps on the heroic dummy, although with the buffs of an enhancement shaman.

//img4.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot100810111854.jpg

Deleted
    Can you give a little more detail on these results please? I presume you re-gemmed, re-glyphed and maybe re-forged? What rotation did you use and what were your stats when you achieved this?
    No regemming, so all my arp gems are still +20 crit, no reforging. I did collect hit gear for the PTR though, did the test with 471 hit rating. Didn't have the BT glyph yet, so that might bring RB en BT closer to each other) I have the same gear on at the armory right now (search for Taxton of Renegade Legion at EU Armory)

For the comparison of RB & BT I didn't use a rotation, I tried to use RB and BT every time on the same circumstances (i.e. procs, DW, enrage).

The 9.1k DPS rotation(prio list actually) was:
    - Execute
    - Beserker rage when not enraged or DW
    - HS (in combo with RB or BT, when enough rage)
    - RB
    - BT
    - Slam proc
    - Battle shout when everything on CD (in combo with an HS, since it does not trigger ICD)
    - Sunder (when everything is on CD)
    Last edited by mmocda20dad5c7; 2010-10-08 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for that. I'll give it ago tonight. Although I was hoping to get some more hit gear from this weeks raids, but was pretty unsuccessful. I'll probably have to do a little bit of reforging in order to get around the 470 hit mark.

Also in respone to the original poster. I tested your rotation and have found a flaw within it.

1. BT > HS
    ...........Bloodsurged?...Yes > Slam
    ..............................NO > Shout on CD? YES > Heroic Throw, sunder, or wait
    .....................................NO > Below 50 Rage? YES > Shout
    .................................................. ........NO > Heroic Throw, Sunder, wait
    3. BT > HS > Enraged? Yes > RB
    .......................No > Berzerker Rage > RB

The flaw in that rotation is also that it doesnt maximize enrage uptime, i think you should use beserk rage everytime you can when not enraged before anything else. It's flatout 10% dammage increase without additional mastery. Also at this point, HS should go before RB or BT.

Take your head out of your a** and realize that we are in deep s**t. Have a nice day.
    The warrior class on beta or ptr does not work. The new key ability called Inner rage has turned
    around and become this games first damage gimping cooldown any class has.
    Both of these statements are "bulls**t", to use your vocabulary. Warriors are fun to play and can compete with every other class on damage in heroics. Inner rage is a nice boost on a couple of bosses, you just have to be careful and think ahead 15sec. If you intend on mindlessly pushing the button as soon as it lights up, then of course you're right, it could ragestarve you. But i wouldn't say that means the class is "not working".

I'm enjoying the warrior on beta a lot more than on live. You actually have to pay attention to your rotation and rage management. What do you have to do on live? Spam HS, use BT&WW on cooldown and watch for Slam procs. Wow, that's so much fun and challenging.

Actually the reason my rotation has BT first is because it has a chance to reduce rage on your next ability and I was testing it on the dummy. I don't know how you could execute on the dummy but yes, that would be the priority at 20% for the haste bonus. Also, there is a flaw and you point out using berzerker rage blah blah blah, did you ever read what I wrote and what you wrote? RB is not your top 3 dmg so prioritize your shit. And HS should not before RB or BT. Taxton, you're an idiot thinking RB hits harder and has priority. RB does not hit harder for dmg per CD. How many BT can you land before you land an RB? 3? so take 3 BT and compare it to one RB and tell me which one hits harder. Don't kid yourself here

Updated on first page.

10/16/2010

New Rotation

First make a macro that can do this
    /cast BT
    /cast HS

Rotation
    1. Macro (make sure you have at least 50 rage - This is where you need to tweak your gear to get this much rage per BT cycle, or else it'll be a DPS lost since you can't use HS until the next cycle)
    2. RB (Use DW or BR for enrage if you are not already enraged)

SKIP SLAM - Fit H.Throw/Sunder in your rotation(Every other sunder you H.Throw after 3 stacks)

Best result - Peaked at a little over 13K - 11.3K - 11.8K Constantly
    What need fix? 2pc and Slam (still cost rage, that's why it's a dps lost if you use slam since you won't have enough rage for your BT/HS cycle)

My setup, a little over 27% haste, ~24% hit with DV, ~26% hit with WFS (I know, I need the RS trinket), 33.5% crit with DV, 37% with WFS, around 5.6k - 5.9k, which is the difference between 37% crit vs 33.5% crit at 5.9K for WFS vs DV(heroic).

Hope this will help some people
    My current stats are 27% Hit, 26% haste, 35.53% crit, 5391 AP. useing *H*Cryptmaker and Glorenzelg
    Tinkets: *H*DBW / Herkuml War Token

I like this rotation / 2 button fight LOL I have yet to try in a raid enviroment but on a dummy I do 10.4k DPS Costant with peaks over 12k

*two thumbs up* this gave me the tweek I was lookin for