10+ Year Old Account

Your Cataclysm Leveling

4.0.1 soon , Cataclysm pretty soon too. But when we hit the expansion how will you level up to 85 ? Are you going for casual leveling ? normal leveling ? going for Realm first lvl 85 ? And how, Will you enjoy the new zones and quest ? Will you chain instances with friends/guildies ? Quests + Instances ? Will you farm mobs during 20hours with a healer out of group ? Also , what will be your preparation ? Are you going to a midnight launch ? Will you buy energy drinks ? Plug the microwave in your room lol ? Share ^.^
    Last edited by TyralisUH; 2010-09-21 at 02:02 AM.

I plan to take my time, especially the first time I go from 80-85. I tend to level fast anyway but we'll see how fast it goes. Does it take as long as 70 - 80 does now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaezorblue View Post
    I plan to take my time, especially the first time I go from 80-85. I tend to level fast anyway but we'll see how fast it goes.
    amen to that.
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

I plan for hitting a Tradeskill Realm First. Possibly Fishing or Archeology. That seems much more possible than a first 85

I am planning on taking the week leave from work, as i did the week wotlk came out, few friends just LAN and play wow and have a few beers/pizza's etc. was heaps of fun last time, i ended up dinging 80 about 6 days after wotlk release, so wasnt uber fast, but still i did race thru the last few levels to get to 80.

this expac i plan on absorbing all the new content, and take my time, do all of the instances, complete all the quests in a zone before leaving, so yeah. no rush for me this time. just going to pace it and enjoy what the dev's have made. at the end of the day, whats an extra week of being 85?. i will have 4 80's to get to 85, and i will rush those. but for my main...taking my sweet time.

I plan on locking myself in my computer room and going through all of my hurricane food supplies. I will use the bedpan i have in my attic and merely throw my feces out of my 2nd story window. I plan to buy some kind of drug to stay awake until i ding 85 on all 10 of my level 80s.

Deleted
    Definitely gonna take my time and read all the quest text and finish each zone before heading to the next etc.
    Planning on doing instances as the story progresses, hopefully the questlines in a zone will lead you nicely to an instance, if not I guess I'll have to queue for the instance after I've finished the zone.

I am planning on going to a midnight release, I have the Collector's edition preordered at three different stores just so I'm sure I'll get it at midnight. Will probably stack up on snacks and soda before as well.
    Last edited by mmoc037083865a; 2010-09-21 at 02:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play casually, so that's not going to change. It's a nice dream to think that I will get all of my 80s to 85, but it probably won't happen until near the end of the expansion (again). Taking it easy and levelling a few toons back to back while reading quest text, getting used to the new mechanics and absorbing the lore - that's my plan.

At 85, I'll take my time to get my reputations up and will slowly work towards doing heroics and getting some cool stuff.

I also intend to level a Worgen or two when I feel like doing something other than 80-85 content.

It will definitely pay to be part of a guild, because playing with people you know is always a bonus. Too bad it is really hard to find casual players or guilds willing to accept casual players. Seems that everyone has a raiding mindset these days. Either that or casual guilds are too casual to advertise for members. :/
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Definitely gonna take my time and read all the quest text and finish each zone before heading to the next etc.
    Planning on doing instances as the story progresses, hopefully the questlines in a zone will lead you nicely to an instance, if not I guess I'll have to queue for the instance after I've finished the zone.
    This. Though I won't even be getting the expansion until a month into release. I have no interest in the unstable servers, new zone general discussions, glitches, and just overall flurry of release stress.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me told my boss will be out for a couple of days. Gonna take my time this time and read the quests, Understand the lore when my guildies come on do some instances and laugh and have a good time with them on vent and in game. Probably stack up on some fruits and granola for extra energy. Going through all the zones this time. In WOTLK I skipped a ton of it early because I was rushing so my guild could straight away get into raiding. Cannot wait to see the new instances first hand!
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Going to level all my 80's to 85 at a moderate pace but mostly it's going to be starting fresh with a goblin and worgen to see the changes and new zones. I'm not in any rush to hit 85 because from the looks of things now it's going to be a real pain in the ass to get rotations down and talent trees are almost certainly going to get reset/revised several times as they figure out the live numbers.

Enjoying the quests now slow and steady in the beta and when its live i can rush threw to lvl 85 server first plus also know the quests making it 5 times easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna hit Hyjal and leveling hardcore upon Cataclysm's release. I don't plan on shooting for any 85 Realm firsts, but a good friend of mine was the first 80 and a bunch of our other friends were the first to 80 for their class/races and stuff, so I plan on being in the top 25ish Horde-Side so I can be one of the earlier people jumping into new end-game content. That first month of new stuff was just such an explosion of lawls and fun in Wrath, and I expect no less from Cataclysm.

Edit: For my alts, however, I plan on reading through all of the quest text. I usually take it slow and steady the second and third go-rounds of leveling because getting all the story and whatnot in there is pretty cool too.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably farming Leather to fund my mount habit
    I'm going to go questing and instancing with my guildies. There's that sweet lion mount to earn. Get to 85, and do heroics for gear, then a bit of raiding and PVP. Then I'l get bored and level a Worgen or Goblin.
    Proud member of the "Who cares about no beta, Cataclysm's out now" club.

Ill do normal leveling, last time i speed level'd in BC it made me sick for a week after that. pretty much passed out after dinging 70.

normal leveling in hyjal - deepholm - uldum

Depends, I don't have a car and none of my friends will go to a midnight launch with me for any game. When Wotlk came out I pre-ordered online and it came in the mail the day of release and I leveled to 80 in 3 days. If blizzard does the digital launch for Cata the same way they did for SC2 I will probably do that and level up at least within the first week.

I am leveling my Druid to 85, but taking my time and enjoying the higher level places, and then i am making a Goblin Shaman and leveling through as many Horde zones as I can, and then making a Worgen warrior or rogue and leveling alliance. And at some point I will level my other alts, my priest and mages.

I just feel like taking my time at first.