Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffles are OP View Post
    Yeah it does seem strange that a wolf/human with a semi-bipedal habitus can run faster than the world's fastest land animal. But I guess a gnome turning into a demon for 30 seconds is a bit weird too.

As far as the sand drake goes, sure its bad ass looking. But being able to carry someone on your back is just gimmicky. Unless some lowbie is paying you like 200g an hour to be their personal taxi while questing, it has no real functional value. It will be the equivalent of the hog now. Very cool, but not so cool that it trumps my frostbrood vanquisher. With one exception...

[Druid] Trade chat: Free rides on sand drake! Will take you anywhere in Kalimdor.
    [Noob 1] Trade chat: Take me to razor hill. I need to level.
    [Noob 2] Trade chat: Can I haz taxi? lolll
    [Noob 3] Trade chat: Your mom's a free ride
    [Noob 1] You have been invited to join a group.
    [Noob 1] Druid whispers: Hop on
    Noob 1 gets on
    Druid flies 500 ft straight up
    Cancel sand drake
    Flight form
    ???????
    Win
    I wonder how many ways that could be considered griefing... even if it's hilarious. Even just doing it to guild mates. Although paladins (and more) have already been offering rides in choppers and mammoths for a while and jumping cliffs. Or the recruit a friend rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    Lol, isnt the dragon form an epic? And didnt blizz say epics are going back to being... well... epic. Somehow I dont think every alchemist is just going to walk to a couple digs and get this mount for free. (at least I hope not).
    I'm pretty sure the post implied it'd be from an alchemy research, not an archeology research. Although drastically vague and unconfirmed on the main page.

Back to topic: Why would you want to nerf travel form and such? travel form is a great PvP tool to either get away or to chase down someone. Instant cast, in combat, and it break snares... oh and it will be usable in doors now as well. Flight form is great too, someone camping you means you can res and instantly fly away. Oh, and didn't you know you can use a 2 of 3 gathering professions in while in form? Makes it that much faster, and who knows about archaeology...

Sure the forms look a little out dated (at least for travel/aquatic) but the forms are very nice indeed. To ask for a nerf just to carry one is a bit much and to ask for buffs is ludicrous.

mounts for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbunjo View Post
    People are getting way too greedy about this new addition to the game. If they implement this, warlocks and priests will soon be asking for demon/angel wings that work like flying mounts. Later, hunter will be crying for a "Mount Pet" ability, and enhancement shamans will be wanting a sleigh to attach to their Ghost Wolves.
    I guess I don't see the problem with this. It's a game which should be fun and exciting for everyone. If by greedy you mean others want a unique and fun type of mount for their race, profession, and / or class then you're right - we're greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mearkat View Post
    As I'm sure you're all aware, the new Worgen "mounts" have caused quite a stir; and with the release of this turn-into-a-dragon-and-carry-people-around thing it makes me wonder why Druids aren't getting some love too.

WHAT DO YOU GUIZ THINK?
    I think your honestly complaining for no reason. 1. Your upset that a race, instead of getting an actual SET of normal and epic mounts, is getting one special mount for that specific race. 2. Alchemists are getting mounts that are allowing you transform into a mount and let someone ride on their backs, hmm that sounds a lot like the new recruit a friend rocket mount that does the same exact thing just minus the whole transforming bit. 3. Saying that druids are not getting enough love is total bull crap. Your the only class that is able to shift into multiple forms instantly that is including a 310% flyer that is an instant cast. Not only that but those forms are all slowly getting their graphics updated while the pre-bc character models are still not up to date. So saying that Blizzard does not show druids love is total nonsense seeing that they probably get the most attention out of all classes

Honestly I just don't see a need for it, plus we already come across a 'NERF DRUID SFF QQ' thread every other day. Can you imagine the frustrated tears if we were given something like that? No thanks, people are already whiny enough as it is but if we had that they'd be legitimately pissed off, IMO.

On an entirely unrelated note, the alchemy recipe looks really, really awesome. I see now that they've kept their word about making alchemy fun and interesting.

@ Oaisis (because I'm a retard and didn't quote)

I wasn't really complaining, more just thinking of new ideas.. No one said it HAS to be like worgen plains running, just maybe something new? Even if it's just re-skinning the same models again. :P Everyone else is allowed to yell "MOAR" why can't I?

And Druids ALREADY have a lot of neat forms and shit, I know. And frankly, if you think druids get sooo much attention and their forms are awehsome, roll one! :P I also think the Alchemy drake thingy is really neat.. maybe I just want one.. and not have to roll alchemy! x3 Oh and getting the rocket costs money + time, things I don't (and most other people) necessarily have, so I don't know why you mentioned it..

But I DID ask what you thought, and you replied.. so thanks. =D
    Last edited by Mearkat; 2010-09-21 at 05:24 PM.

Anyone with a gathering profession who isn't a druid is reading this thread thinking,

"You can farm without dismounting. Shut up, greedy bastard."

Deleted
    Since druids are master shapeshifters, they should be able to have a form that allows them to go at 60 and 100% speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I said this few weeks ago in another post, but travel form should be the bear form but with 100% speed with the ability to let someone ride on it aswell, I'm a druid myself and I'm sick and tired of travel form spam in PVP and I'd rather travel form be used for just that, travel, instead of being abused in the wrong ways. But that won't happen.
    yeah sure that might work for feral who has cat with a speed buff as an alternative, but resto and balance would be screwed completely. but you don't care about that, because it probably doesn't affect you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    everthing is good as it is for druids. i questioned myself .. why dont druids get travel form from 30% too 60% or 100% but its a instand cast and can be used in combat. i like to see a sort of form that has mount form aswell, but its not like they "need" it.

however our flight form rocks! pwnd some noobs that flew away from me and i gave them the DoT that killed em hight in the sky .. i flew again after 40yard and they died

Sindy tells Trade, "Giving free dragon rides for warriors rogues and other things that die when they hit the ground. Pst"

Flies up very high.

Cancels flight form. *bubble*

I want to turn into a giant eagle and carry passengers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vytz View Post
    Seriously why does druids always wants more and more forms?
    The same reason why rich people just want more money and powerful people want more power... its addicting...

Deleted
    OP you had an okay start to your topic, why did you have to ruin it with:

WHAT DO YOU GUIZ THINK?
    Anyways, I'm not sure why there is this sudden hype about all classes and professions suddenly have to have their own unique mount/form etc. Maybe other other claases and profession will get some more interesting in the future but I think most of us can agree that alchemy were pretty lackluster to begin with.

Hrmm Bear form as travel form........ so you want 100% speed of an epic mount, all the stamina and armor of bear form along with the immunity it enjoys? Thank you you have just killed any Cap the flag BG in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornath View Post
    Druids don't need more stuff.

The End.
    U mad bro?

Hmm, a class with no cool perks in non-combat? Your definetly a warrior...

JK, but rly i do feel that if theyre gonna go out of their way to offer such a beastly mount to a proffestion might as well buff up the perked classes a bit respectively. Im not saying get rid of instant flight but make something like BC raven lord difficult to get, like a requirement for a quest to get a flying animal form that can pick up another person. I frankly would LOVE a dragonhawk form, go back to ZA animal bosses
    Last edited by Naked Hippie; 2010-09-21 at 07:02 PM.

Haven't Druid already been given enough love this expansion.

Maybe they should finally show some love to another class? Maybe a Flying shaman mount. Ride the Lighting bolt!

Here's the thing about travel form: it's instant cast and it can be used in combat, which is directly opposite to mounts. If they were to make it as fast as a mount, it would lose those two features, and I'm sure that you would then not want it. As for making it as fast as a ground mount but without a cast time, that would affect pvp and be considered imbalanced (it would be a big deal), and finally if it was to move at a speed in combat and another out of combat it would be just as bad as the previous one, since it would be equivalent to auto-mounting instantly when you got auto of combat.

So with all this said, it would make more sense if it was a different (read: new) spell for druids that acted as a mount, which then would need a new model too, as everyone and their family would complain if it was a recycled model. Which means, probably not gonna happen. Unless they make the final version of the worgen 'mount' instant cast, in which case they might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornath View Post
    Druids don't need more stuff.

The End.
    This was funny.

Thanks to LRCollier for sig.
    100% Altoholic ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    When I shift into a lion, I become a lion. When I get on my kodo, I am still a "cow" on a kodo. I'm not saying worgen shouldnt have actual mounts by any means. I'm simply saying it doesnt make a lot of sense for a wolf to ride its dinner as a mount.
    By your logic, it's not logical for humans to ride horses (people eat horse sometimes...).

Signature by Shyama!

Different classes/races are different. Stop trying to make everything the same.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case