Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When ever dps a heroic i inspect the tank to see how long i have to wait to dps. no epeen, i just try to let them do their job. you cant learn to tank the heroics if the dps does all the tanking for you

also i subscribe to the "you pull it you tank it" when i tank. people get maad when they die, but they keep attacking off tank targets or running ahead, but its their repair bills not mine.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Your gear IS ok for heroics but your enchants are really bad. Nothing to bracers, nothing to cape, nothing to boots, no belt buckle. I understand that most of this stuff gets replaced quickly but even still if you want geared players to accept you as a tank then you need to be doing what you can to max yourself out.

How would you feel as that mage (who is clearly geared) who can more than likely pull off you with one fireball/ab stack, you see your tank in mediocre gear with virtually none of the craftables, none of the boe's and missing half his enchants? Chances are youre going to be frustrated.

Im not saying the mage is right, he's not; but... his frustration is understandable and you should be doing everything you can to be the best you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    also i subscribe to the "you pull it you tank it" when i tank. people get maad when they die, but they keep attacking off tank targets or running ahead, but its their repair bills not mine.
    This mindset is only acceptable from an average to well geared tank who is doing everything they can to control the mobs, holding agro.

Should a tank be expected to hold aoe threat on 6 mobs while a mage is blast spamming... no but should a tank be expected to hold 4-5 mobs while a mage is blizzarding yes. Subtle differences but important to note.
    Last edited by Munk; 2010-09-21 at 04:03 PM.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I was tanking normal HoL on my dk alt back in the day when I had dinged 80 few days before and this guy (tier 9 geared hunter) yelled to me for not holding threat very well.

Randomhunterxxx: Get some gear ffs!!
    Me: This is normal.
    Randomhunterxxx has left the group.

IQ doesn't come with the gear, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2010-09-21 at 04:04 PM.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Why are some saying his gear is bad? He's def capped and gemmed. Only two items are sub ILevel 200 and they are regular instance blues. It's not lice he's in your ICC with that. His gear is what you expect from a fresh tank in the heroics designed to gear him up. He's perfectly fine

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Dungeon Finder tool let's you que for a heroic, then you're geared for heroic. Period.

It seems this thread is more about you being upset and seeking approval than whether you're "geared" for heroics or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratamahata View Post
    I had the same situation with a dumbass hunter. Apparently he couldn't bring out his full dps potential cause he was pulling aggro. My warrior is 30k selfbuffed def capped for HC's. This occurred in Oculus. According to him I was supposed to get geared first then go heroics. How am i supposed to do that lol?! ))

P.S also according to his divine logic people with alts are noobs...
    hahahahaha almost evryone one here is a noob ahahah

wait ..... dammit im a noob too :/
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    When ever dps a heroic i inspect the tank to see how long i have to wait to dps. no epeen, i just try to let them do their job. you cant learn to tank the heroics if the dps does all the tanking for you
    Yea, same here. I try to not be a threat monkey. But I know that if I do pull threat, I take that target down asap or shadow meld. Some dps have sticks up the arse about trying to think about something other than cranking out max dps. And having a lower geared tank dosen't even mean the tank is slowing down the group. I've seen tanks who were way lower geared than the group hold aggro amazingly well and there were no hiccups with over aggroing dps and the like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    I don't get people like that. Let the tank pull and if they can hold aggro then leave them alone.

On the other hand, I don't get people who throw on a shield and decide they're a tank. Had some warrior in HoS a few weeks ago with like 23k HP, wearing a bunch of greens, and not def capped. I was even counting to 5 before I attacked anything and still pulled aggro in 1-2 hits. The healer was having to spam heal them to keep them up too, and couldn't get a break to heal any of the rest of us. Luckily the problem removed itself and we got a better tank.
    I used to get that a lot when I first got my pally to 80. I leveled as ret, but leveled to tank. So when I hit 80, pretty much every gem slot I had was defense. II think I started tanking at around 21.8k hp and 540 defense.

I got a lot of complaining when people saw that, but I always ended up getting compliments for holding aggro off people who massively overgeared me. It seems to work out in the end.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Fire mage will pull off you
    Your gear isnt entirely good.
    High dps vs low tps? The high dps will out tps you.
    Then he should do less dps, its simple. When having the best dps possible is BAD, you have to lower it. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanon View Post
    Why are some saying his gear is bad?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=49116 and http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=49118 i guess. plus some missing enchants here and there.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I love how people think you need gear for heroics. "Normal" heroics no less. Do people realize that players better than them have cleared H HoR in full blues? So how the hell does it make any logical sense to tell a tank that has better gear then full BiS naxx 25 tanks did, that they are not geared enough for a simple heroic? When back in the day we did them with much less gear very easily.

SENSE THIS DOES NOT MAKE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merander View Post
    hahahahaha almost evryone one here is a noob ahahah

wait ..... dammit im a noob too :/
    The irony is that people who put time in their alts are usually the ones who have cleared end-game contents lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear does not matted as a tank.
    If the LFG tool lets you in and you manage to hold the aggro pretty decent, your good.

Deleted
    I'd have more sympathy for you if you had bothered enchanting and gemming most of your gear.

when it comes to stuff like this I send them my screenshot of me tanking 25 man Sarth 3d with 23,900 unbuffed HP, not even 30k buffed, with the achievement popping up. The gear people think you need is so blown our of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Fire mage will pull off you
    Your gear isnt entirely good.
    High dps vs low tps? The high dps will out tps you.
    Arcane mage actually. I kept taunting off him so he didnt get aggro but he started raging saying AMFG GET OUT NOOB TANK L2p.

Saying that the really geared players arent bothered to much and laugh when they die.

It's bad that idiot dps don't know how to use their threat meters properly anymore. I think that some people have forgot what BC was like, or they didn't play at that time at all.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

10+ Year Old Account
    You have the gear to tank Heroics just fine, but as stated by Pearson, it needs Gems/Enchants, as for the LFG tard of a mage should know better that you don't need 25man ICC gear to tank a heroic. Heroics are what people farmed before they were even allowed to begin raiding. Hence tanking in item level 200 blues is perfectly acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    Then he should do less dps, its simple. When having the best dps possible is BAD, you have to lower it. /thread
    See the problem with this mindset is that it presumes that while undgeared the tank is playing properly. On my alt mage ~5.3k gs I routinely pull off 5.5-5.9gs tanks with my standard fireblast/blizzard aoe grind after waiting 3-5 seconds. Regardless of gear some tanks just cant hold threat. You cant blame a dps, while trying to not pull for pulling because the TANK isnt doing their job.

Not saying thats always going to be the case but it is more often than not. Having 3 pallies all of which have prot spec's and a prot warrior I get the whole "if they pull it they tank it" I really do. It is super annoying to watch pets taunt, and well geared dps with no threat reduction throwing out their heaviest nukes before ive even been able to tag mobs but thats part of tanking.

Saying "if they pull it they can tank it" is nothing but an excuse for lazy tanks. I dont even take that mindset when tanking full guild runs where every dps is between 7-9k. I know I cant hold threat but it wont stop me from trying and at LEAST playing traffic cop. IE taunting or locking down the harder hitting mobs allowing our healer to keep everyone up.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.