Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddy View Post
    But the point that keeps being made is that unlike those factions which are static and relevant only to a portion of the WoW timeline the Ebon Blade represents a living, breathing sub-faction of the player base. The idea of it not changing in any way seems unlikely?
    Doesn't matter.

Lore doesn't follow in-game-factions-for-players.

If an organization/group/sub-faction has to be dismembered or just simply forgotten due to content upgrades, it is just in game, not in Lore.

The KotEB are a class-oriented organization that got a HUGE highlight because of the new class released in WotLK.

In truth, they're nothing more (or wait, way weaker) than what the Kirin Tor is for Mages, or Cenarion Circle for Druids.
    Last edited by Izenhart; 2010-09-21 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the Ebon Blade will stay for a while, in an endless quest to help repair the world the scourge and they themselves screwed up.
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming the 'New" cataclysmic looking lava-bolvar-king may play a crucial role in how The Knights of the Ebon Blade evolve in the expansion...
    or they may be left in the dust as an old rep faction of pre-cata with a decent tabard. -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

I see the Ebon Blade playing a very Cenarion or Argent influence in that they'll return to importance as a faction in the future at some point. Just bouncing an idea out there. IF Demonhunter is added they could very well join forces with the Ebon Blade as a "Turned" Burning Legion Faction. So like the Argent Dawn and Silver hand COmbined to make the Argent Crusade I think we could possibly see something involving the Ebon Blade in the furute.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Boo boo DKs are OP and suck and stuff!

OT: I hope the Ashen Verdict is a force in this and future expansion, supposed to be some kinda group for making Shadowmourne but if you look at all its members: THEY ARE WARRIORS!! The fight Scourge, and (Hopefully in the future) the Burning Legion!

The starting experience for death knights covers this pretty thoroughly. Yes, they seek to destroy the Lich King; but they also seek to reclaim the piece of themselves lost when they were taken. This is why they realign with the Horde or Alliance according to their race's faction. They fight for the Knights of the Ebon Blade, sure, but ultimately they now fight for the Horde and Alliance. The troubles which plague either faction now plague the death knights. They were once gnomes, elves, humans, etc., and that part of them is not entirely lost.

[Took this piece from a Zarhym, Blizzard post] That should clear this question up. They are basically Horde or Alliance now, with the Ebon Blade as their, let's say "Blood Knights" for Blood elf Paladins, and Sunwalkers for Tauren Paladin. Same thing. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... What's with the childish DK hate again?
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    haters gonna hate
    Either that or they are a terrible player and can't kill a decently geared DK in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FullPunkFatigue View Post
    Either that or they are a terrible player and can't kill a decently geared DK in PvP.
    Every class gets it's moment in the hatebox - remember hunters in vanilla? Poor buggers. It's a shame the 10% of a class who are idiots shout louder than the rest who play well enough or amazingly.

Anywhoo! Class factions - if you can call them that - have evolved and progressed before. The cenarion circle moved from moonglade to solicits and then to Outland in one form or another.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Just like cenarion circle, just like shattered sun offensive, some tribes just fade off and stay in the game with their old content to rot.
    Exept that the Circle had a few members turn into the expedition, which went to Outland, and some members becoming the DEHTA in Northrend... And they are not tribes, they are factions.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I hope that they will pay back their debt to the mortal races of Azeroth and continue to fight for their respective factions, some will probably join Sylvanas, as they are Undead with free will and may see the Forsaken as the only people that they belong to. What I do expect is that eventually (Not ingame but in the future of the lore) is that some ruler will come along and have them culled.

I think it would be fun if the ebon blade became kind of a regiment of the Argent Crusade (or dawn or whatever they are now). Perhaps have a mission for them in EPL to save Koltira, then help the AD secure WPL and EPL along with Northeron and the ruins of Stratholm into a neutral nation, independent of horde and alliance (who's armies are then expelled). They could still be friendly, but have them be sovereign. Peace through strength.

Also, people mentioning that the Knights of the Ebon Blade are unique in the fact that they're made of "player characters", aren't all druids associated with the Cenarion Circle? And Shamans with the Earthen Ring?

Also, the Cenarion Expedition == Cenarion Circle, the reason they don't share the same reputation? Would give older players an advantage with reputation.