Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You have been...
    Dun hacked!

10+ Year Old Account
    OFC if you had been hacked he may have your MMO-champ details too right and yes 3.5 yrs without being hacked yet ill continue to be paranoid thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos View Post
    Here, Im sure the hacker hacked into the domain so he can drop this image.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/trial...research-3.jpg

: tinfoil hat:
    There is no need to hack into the email to get the mails. You can code it so that when you click reply to what looks like WorldOfWarcraftCustomerSupport@Blizzard.com replies to HAIIRCHINEEESE@chingchong.ch

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed by a blue, same website posted which I smudged out in the picture " http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB2...id=1050338&c=1 ". Posted on the 20th, same day I got the email as well.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...721499&sid=1#2

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    You deny pretty solid proof. And read Seveer3's post.
    and, lul....
    Last edited by SparkofImagination; 2010-09-21 at 10:00 PM.

Some of the questions are weird, but I'm pretty sure it's a legit survey. The link posted in the reply above was safe and sound and the survey was rather fun. The questions regarding what you think about buying gold and what you think about using real life money to purchase additional items and similiar goods for your character from Blizzard itself, those are rather interesting. I'm curious as to where they're going with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did (get one). I filled it out-- didn't sound too UN-legit.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

It's not a scam, and all you people that are "OH MY GOD ITS A SCAM ONIJSNLGNU OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" you need to unbunch your panties. It's a survey from blizzard asking how you play WoW, and what you would like to see in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calath View Post
    I'm curious as to where they're going with this.
    They arent making money off of gold sellers, and they want to. Its as simple as that, in the end im sure it'll become something like eve online where people can buy time with gold and vice versa, but who knows. Still, we might just be reading too much into this and it might mean nothing.

the survey website is

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB2...id=1050338&c=1

do the survey if you want and if you say that this link is keylogger .. you are fucking retard

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like it is EU only, and it is legitimate if it linked to opinionshere.com. Must have been randomly sent to players, though.
    For the Alliance!

Got it too and completed it. Nothing asks you to log in to anything so your not going to get hacked from this.

Edit: Not EU only im US

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantús View Post
    the survey website is

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB2...id=1050338&c=1

do the survey if you want and if you say that this link is keylogger .. you are fucking retard
    I did it. It's a really nice survey. Very professional, but then, you'd expect that from Blizzard - even using a third party. Questions are easy to answer and very straightforward.
    For the Alliance!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakysnado@Gmail.com View Post
    It's not a scam, and all you people that are "OH MY GOD ITS A SCAM ONIJSNLGNU OH MY GOD OH MY GOD" you need to unbunch your panties. It's a survey from blizzard asking how you play WoW, and what you would like to see in cataclysm.
    Not only that, but these same people should learn to shut the hell up if they're quite obviously clueless about internet security or if they can't identify legit/scam emails.
    Yeah, ChildeRoland, I'm talking about you, stop scaring people over a legitimate email, if you're still confused about this issue, please disconnect your Ethernet cable, because you won't be able to do much in the internet, being such a paranoid and all, you're just taking up bandwidth.

I just received one today that looks pretty legit to me (Zoomerang, as above) :

[Real name removed for privacy] ( I only submitted my rela name in Battle.net on the Internet, so this looks pretty legit to me)

You have been invited to participate in a research study being conducted by Blizzard Entertainment about security and account safety with World of Warcraft. Your participation is anonymous and completely voluntary; at no time will you be asked to provide any information about your account. Blizzard takes the security of the World of Warcraft environment very seriously, and highly values your feedback. Your responses will assist us in making World of Warcraft a safer and even more fun experience.

If you would like to participate, click on the following link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB2...44?id=50789265

We really value your opinions and hope you'll make the time to participate. If you have any questions, you may contact us at blizsurvey@blizzard.com.

We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Blizzard Entertainment Research

And it comes from Newsletter@email.blizzard.com (as in this post: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...esearch-survey)
    Last edited by frank2312; 2010-11-09 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious fake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Obvious fake.
    Obviously not a fake if you can read the topic.

The e-mail header is legit and you can't mass-spoof those.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines