Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Shadowmourne items still obtainable?

Are the Shadowmourne chest rewards still obtainable in Cataclysm?

Don't think/hope so, since it should be like a thing, like the mount from ZA.
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

No answers known one way or the other.

It's once-per-Shadowmourne. I see no reason to remove it.

To those that are referencing the ZA mount, Blizzard has been clear that "Back then, we had a different mindset than we have now".
    They are fine with protodrake / frostwyrm farming. They are fine with legendary farming. They are PROBABLY fine with a Once-Per-Legendary item chest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamsylar View Post
    Don't think/hope so, since it should be like a thing, like the mount from ZA.
    Or like Glory drakes yea.

Blizz hasn't said anything about them. That said, no reason why they shouldn't be obtainable. Creating a Shadowmounre will actually be more difficult in Cataclysm because it will be hard to find people willing to run the content with you, JUST so you can make a Shadowmourne.

i dont see a reason for why they shoundt be D :

They aren't once per legendary, it's just that the drop is only guaranteed the first time.
    After that there is a chance for another box to drop every kill with a shadowmourne wielder in the raid, but it is not 100%

Or at least, that is how I seem to remember it being.
    I only do 10 man so I've not actually come into contact with shadowmourne ):

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Blizz hasn't said anything about them. That said, no reason why they shouldn't be obtainable. Creating a Shadowmounre will actually be more difficult in Cataclysm because it will be hard to find people willing to run the content with you, JUST so you can make a Shadowmourne.
    Yea agreed with the above, dont forget tho that with the 30% buff and lvl 85 is gonna be incredibly different then say a lvl 80 going back to a lvl 70 instance. Im guessing for 25 man you will need 10 ppl to do the heroics at 85 just because you will have like 140-150k hp buffed with the 30% buff and the damage should be incredible....

If you mean the mount - they've already said they will probably make it a very rare drop - same as Mims head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    If you mean the mount - they've already said they will probably make it a very rare drop - same as Mims head.
    If you read the first post, then you know that's not what they mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They aren't once per legendary, it's just that the drop is only guaranteed the first time.
    After that there is a chance for another box to drop every kill with a shadowmourne wielder in the raid, but it is not 100%

Or at least, that is how I seem to remember it being.
    I only do 10 man so I've not actually come into contact with shadowmourne ):
    Shadowmourne box is a drop for people with quest to kill Lich King after obtaining Shadowmourne, the items later are rewards for delivering the box to Mograine. It's not a rare drop of any sorts, it's a quest item.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Wrong mount buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

I dont see why it would be, have any other legendary from previous expansions been non obtainable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I dont see why it would be, have any other legendary from previous expansions been non obtainable?
    Again, read the question, they aren't asking about Shadowmourne itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi View Post
    Again, read the question, they aren't asking about Shadowmourne itself.
    Oh lol, Im dumb.

I only read Shadowmourne and was like no way they are gonna take it away, sorry

Very unlikely, they didn't bother removing Thunderfury or Sulfuras etc.

The ZA bear was removed as it was meant to be a prestigious item that you got through a challenging run (regardless of how hard someone people did or didn't find it). Shadowmourne isn't, its a time sink that only requires content medium to high end guilds are doing (no heroics). You'll arguably find some parts more annoying at 85 as Blood Queen will die too fast for you to complete the quest.

Also bear in mind there's nothing special about getting the items - you can buy them on the AH if someone's selling.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why would they remove the shadowmoure if you can still obtain the mace from ulduar, glaves from BT, the bow from the sunwell, the mace from MC etc etc ( think they only legendaries that have ever been removed from game was the caster lv 60 legendaries from naxx 40man

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Atiesh would like to have a word with you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryune View Post
    Very unlikely, they didn't bother removing Thunderfury or Sulfuras etc.

The ZA bear was removed as it was meant to be a prestigious item that you got through a challenging run (regardless of how hard someone people did or didn't find it). Shadowmourne isn't, its a time sink that only requires content medium to high end guilds are doing (no heroics). You'll arguably find some parts more annoying at 85 as Blood Queen will die too fast for you to complete the quest.

Also bear in mind there's nothing special about getting the items - you can buy them on the AH if someone's selling.
    If anything, the BQL part of the quest will be what makes it almost unpassable for many people to do later on. It requires (REQUIRES) you to have at least 16 people in your raid, 8 people if the person trying to make Shadowmourne is somehow bit first by BQL. You will be hard pressed to find that many people willing to be dragged through old content just to get somebody else items.