Thread: Troll druids

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Troll druids

Most people have been focusing on Tauren Paladins. Blizzard gave a very good explanation to this and pretty much stopped the QQ
    but one thing I do not get is where did troll druids come from? One could argue that night elves evolved from trolls when some camped near the well of eternity but Cenarius tought Night elves how to be druids who then taught the tauren. Who taught the trolls? There may be some explanation of this in that quest in Zalazanes fall where you find that troll druid (it bugged out for me horribly so I missed that hunk o' lore) but from what I can tell they just say that the troll druids have been in hiding waiting for Zalazanes fall. If any1 can think of a good reason and back it up with some lore then please post it (not just stuff like "oh but trolls are wild so I guess...")!
    Thanks

Yeah I have been wondering how they are going to explain this too. I was trying to look it up on wowwiki but haven't seemed to find anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at ZG and ZA, trolls clearly have a history of communication with and transforming into animals via their loa magic. It's not a stretch of the imagination to think they could be capable of full druidism through the loa as well.

As for who taught them, there's a quest somewhere where a representative of the Cenarion Circle has you help teach a troll druid how to do various things...so maybe they did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    As for who taught them, there's a quest somewhere where a representative of the Cenarion Circle has you help teach a troll druid how to do various things...so maybe they did.
    Yes but that troll woman Zen'tabra or whatever just kinda popped out of no-where :s

10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys actually paid attention during the retaking of Echo Islands you would have noticed that Zen'tabra explained it.

The druids have been around for a long time, after everyone abandoned the islands, they went into hiding amongst the tigers. Their showing their face now the that Darkspear is growing some balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadell View Post
    If you guys actually paid attention during the retaking of Echo Islands you would have noticed that Zen'tabra explained it.

The druids have been around for a long time, after everyone abandoned the islands, they went into hiding amongst the tigers. Their showing their face now the that Darkspear is growing some balls.
    Kinda not what he was asking...at all.

I agree with Seabeast, makes the most sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    Most people have been focusing on Tauren Paladins. Blizzard gave a very good explanation to this and pretty much stopped the QQ
    but one thing I do not get is where did troll druids come from? One could argue that night elves evolved from trolls when some camped near the well of eternity but Cenarius tought Night elves how to be druids who then taught the tauren. Who taught the trolls? There may be some explanation of this in that quest in Zalazanes fall where you find that troll druid (it bugged out for me horribly so I missed that hunk o' lore) but from what I can tell they just say that the troll druids have been in hiding waiting for Zalazanes fall. If any1 can think of a good reason and back it up with some lore then please post it (not just stuff like "oh but trolls are wild so I guess...")!
    Thanks

What troll boss Can't turn into an animal.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Troll Druids aren't really Druids who focus on the moon and sun, like Tauren, Night Elf and now also Worgen druids do. Troll Druids uses Loa magic, and since Blizzard was too lazy to add an entirely new class (which would also cause mass QQ) they turned these "Loa Magicians" into Druids instead.

This is what I have heard at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neltharion the Black View Post
    Troll Druids aren't really Druids who focus on the moon and sun, like Tauren, Night Elf and now also Worgen druids do. Troll Druids uses Loa magic, and since Blizzard was too lazy to add an entirely new class (which would also cause mass QQ) they turned these "Loa Magicians" into Druids instead.

This is what I have heard at least.
    That's basically how it works with several combos. Tauren paladins are actually sun druids, but in game mechanics they're paladins. Troll priests actually use loa magic, but in game mechanics they cast holy and shadow spells (same thing with Forsaken priests using the Shadow to "heal").

Regarding the shapeshifting side, most of the druidic races have arrived at the same result from different directions.

The Night Elves learnt it from Cenarius. The Tauren ascribe it to the Earthmother's eye (Elune). The Trolls from their Loa (which is pretty much the most direct method seen yet). The Gilneans old druidic nature worship never had it but they inadvertently get a taste (pun) of it from the curse and then the NEs drift in on the tide to help them out.
    I've seen things you newbies wouldn't believe. Advert-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched Cancel Posts glitter in the ether near the waikato.ac.nz gateway.
    Now all those moments will be lost in time - like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks
    In the Event the Fall of Zalzane you do the lady of the tigers quest; and one of the "DarkSpear" trolls says "We druids have been hiding here til someone of such strength would come and take over." or w.e if you can find those exact words that's Blizzard's lazy explanation besides the face troll tribes are based off different "troll gods".

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

Deleted

I told you in my post that it was bugged for me and I missed on the lore ^^

Soo....

I'VE BEEN KILLING AND SKINNING DRUIDS??

HOLY SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Looking at ZG and ZA, trolls clearly have a history of communication with and transforming into animals via their loa magic. It's not a stretch of the imagination to think they could be capable of full druidism through the loa as well.
    This.

Thanks
    ... if the hole waiting for zalazanes fall thing is true does that mean with the low level orc & troll quests when we get tigger pelts we have been killing troll druids...... oops

Quote Originally Posted by Akairos View Post
    Soo....

HOLY SHIT!
    haha I reacted the same exact way. I felt terrible
    " 'A real man makes his own luck.' - Billy Zane, Titanic " - Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by Akairos View Post
    Soo....

HOLY SHIT!
    Some have even been tamed!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^ lmao

Night Elves are in tune with nature. Trolls ARE nature.

They hunt. They stalk the jungle. They kick ass. They regenerate faster than most other races. And the forest trolls have moss growing on their skin.

I post, for your consideration, these images:

http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Troll.png
    http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Voodoo_troll.jpg
    http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Ancient_of_War.jpg
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigawolf1 View Post
    Night Elves are in tune with nature. Trolls ARE nature.

They hunt. They stalk the jungle. They kick ass. They regenerate faster than most other races. And the forest trolls have moss growing on their skin.

I post, for your consideration, these images:

http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Troll.png
    http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Voodoo_troll.jpg
    http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Ancient_of_War.jpg
    I'd been arguing that Trolls should be able to become Druids since early Burning Crusade, but not once did I ever realize the tusks on the ancients... Good eye.

The Trolls had been worshipping animal gods and taking their forms and power since before it was cool. Well before the Night Elves came along with their wussy knock-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!