Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    Oh you :3
    Lol, Who teached him how to spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    HAHAHAH, elemental shaman 3 seconds .
    If you let an ele shaman stack up to 9 lightning shield charges you deserve to die to their burst. Rather bs starting the duel with him a a full stack.

ALL HAIL RAZER GEAR.
    Uhm I mean Beta, yeah.

I think if warriors are rage starved, they should play L4D2, lots of rage there.

Anyway, to debunk: It is beta, but constructive QQ helps.

Furthermore: Homogenization is good in that there are only 3 roles, if people cannot perform those roles then classes get under evaluated, under appreciated - under used. People like to be different, but this should be done by core qualities rather than roles.

Homogenising roles = bad. When DPS can also tank - this is bad. When healers can DPS - this is bad. But when an Ele shammy brings the same buff as a Warlock? This is good. This is GOOD homogenization. The playstyles are still different. Spell effects are different, do shamans have pets? targetable aoe cc? a spell that avoids resistances and shields? Although they both have spells that respond to a debuff/dot on a target it is limited to just that - and that mechanic is not something that is unique to them. They are entirely different classes.

You talk of homogenisation like each class should have unique abilities throughout. But ultimately there is a limiting variability in them, if you just look at the small and simple way they differentiate then you get a game that is fun to play, as close to balanced as possible yet still able to be rock paper scissors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

yeh lets fap on beta cause it is real

no.

warriors suck.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Quote Originally Posted by shekspeare View Post
    angry and crazy people. go kill yourself, kids. its just a video for discussion. can you talk more friendly, no? you play to many time in WOW.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post
    blizz really do suck at balancing this game.
    The PTR at 80 is not meant to be used as a testing grounds for class balance. I seriously don't understand why the vast majority of the players on it are QQing about damage numbers. The current PTR is to test UI/talent/ability/glyph funcionality and fish out any bugs that might be there, that could have possibly gotten by their internal testing.

Swifty dueling some people on the 4.0.1 PTR is pretty much irrelevant. Blizzard is aware that damage is not accurate, and insists that damage numbers are not final, blue posts have stated as much.

What I seriously encourage you people to do, is actually use the PTR for testing the above mentioned things, and report any bugs you find, cuz that is what this current phase of testing is supposed to be about.

Case in point:

1. Logged my lvl 29 twink warlock to get an idea of the changes pertaining to him, and then discovered that the imp's 'singe magic' ability falls off the action bar whenever you summon him/dismount. After the last PTR patch, I re copied him over and tested that bug again. This time it was the 'pet attack' ability, and it was falling off the action bar on all my pets after summoning/dismounting.

I reported both bugs, and continued to test UI functionality, talents, ability mechancis, and such. My only real issue is that Glyphs/professions are largely unavailable so I cannot accurately test those features yet with the new UI.

2. Logged my lvl 80 resto druid to get an idea of the changes pertaining to him, and then discovered that if I try to enter a dungeon queue while shape shifted, the game thinks that I am dead, and I can't enter. Then I found an animation bug that causes my druid to act like he is attacking, whenever I shift into a form shortly after casting a healing spell that has a cast time.

Again, my only real issue with the PTR is a lack of glyphs and professions so that I can make sure the UI is working properly.

Other bugs I found and reported:

1. Mousing over the spell power stat on your character sheet does not display the breakdown of bonuses to each school of spell power you have. For instance, my warlock gets a 25% increase to shadow damage as part of his affliction mastery. The spell power stat on the sheet does not show this, nor does it accurately account for it by increasing my overall spell power by 25%

2. Mousing over the intellect stat on the character sheet shows the amount of mana I receive from intellect, an incorrect amount of crit that I get from int, but not the amount of spell power. The amount of crit gained from int is incorrectly shown as '(X-10)%' where X is the amount of intellect you have. So 2000 intellect shows that it increases your crit chance by 1990.00%. It doesn't show how much spell power you get though, at all. This is important because there are still items that have spell power as a stat, even though most got changed to intellect. There are also still spell power enchants.

The point is this: if the only thing you care about are numbers which haven't even had a damage pass through for balance, then you shouldn't be on the PTR in the first place. I know it's cool to catch a sneak peak of the new changes, but that isn't why they put up a PTR. If everyone just dueled and then bitched about numbers, what kind of bugs do you think they would find after the patch goes live?

Oh, and before you say 'well they have a team who does that internally.' Recounting 2,3,4 times is always better than counting once. Letting the community test the new patch for bugs is really the only way they will flesh out a large number of them to be fixed in a short time frame. Do you want 4.0.1 before halloween? Or after the new year?

Deleted
    I'm in love with his computer setup

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Lol, Who teached him how to spell.
    Who taught you grammar?

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Swifty dueling some people is pretty much irrelevant.
    Fixed. Swifty is OP end of story.

He wasn't QQing about arms warriors on the PTR, he just said he feels for them. No one expects the patch that implements the new skills to be balanced. It is just 2.4 over again where one or two classes becomes stupidly powerful and the other classes have nothing to do but reroll or wait till the expansion to be competitive in pvp again.

I was watching that video and I'm just shaking my head. Seriously, prot pvp in greens and blues against other people in greens and blues (and people who are still learning their abilities).

I don't get it.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Obviously your average "ITS BETA" video but still, I can't understand the point of mixing abilities throughout the classes to the point that one more step will basically homogenize them completely. Seeing -> A PET <- with 2 propably the most typical moves that basically define warriors (ms and bladestorm) is just.. sad. Right now it seems that classes have like 1-2 features that make them unique (shaman totems, druid shapeshift, paladin bubble, warrior... stances lol)

Love the music though

credits: Supernerd

Last edited by shekspeare; 2010-09-23 at 11:15 AM.

Bitching about
    Everything until
    The game is
    Actually finished

Nonetheless, even if he's rage starved 1.2k bladestorm ftl?

Probably will get fixed since it's beta, yet QQing is some sort of feedback itself. and ^ I lol'd

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

well, nothing new for Lolstorm. same numbers of damage. still 1500-2000 per hit...

Deleted
    Haha, Swifty. This is the guy that said Ret Paladins were overpowered and Arms Warriors were shit, because he was facerolling people in Low Level WSG with Heirlooms on his Paladin Alt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhtxd...eature=related

Edit: Video added so you can laugh at this Enormous Tool, then go on to ignore everything he says henceforth.
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2010-09-23 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fahrfreude View Post
    BETA, BETA, BETA, get a grip for crying out loud.
    ...^ What he said x10

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Bitching about
    Everything until
    The game is
    Actually finished
    This ^

1) Numbers aren't finished.
    2) Will be balanced for Level 85... when we have completely ridiculous health pools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.